Profile picture for Denny M

zestimate is incorrect on my home how do I get it changed?

• December 22 2010 - Jamestown
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for Mills Realty
Claiming your property and editing the home facts is the only thing you can do.  There is also no reason to be concerned as there is not much value if any put into the Zestimate figures by anyone in the real estate industry.

We don't manually change zestimates. Please look at the info about zestimates on the site. A zestimate is NOT an appraisal. It's simply a staring point.
Here is a helpful video link:

What is a zestimate

Profile picture for Denny M
Thanks to most of you for your help. I think that if Zillow is going to profess to know the values in the form of a zestimate that they should at least make an effort to use the most current comps and not put the burden on the home owner to clarify. Their zestimate has a value of about $90. per ft., even a REO in my subdivision sold for $260 per foot last year!  I was going to use zillow to advertise my home for sale but in light of their zestimate I doubt that will happen.

Profile picture for Denny M
Thanks to most of you for your help. I think if Zillow is going to post values they should at least make an effort to use the latest comps and not put the burden on the home owner to clarify there inaccuracy . I was thinking about using zillow to advertise my home for sale but in light of their zestimate I doubt that will happen.

Zillow does not change Zestimates, sorry, but read through these info links....

http://www.zillow.com/wikipages/Most-Popular-Zillow-Questions/

You can CLAIM your property then EDIT your facts...but its folly - for Zillow is only a computer algorithim, NOT your real value - which you will only find if and when you sell your home.....

Comps from the last 2 years?  Have you been in a coma?

Profile picture for Denny M
A lot more than the zestimate based on two sales in my subdivision in the past 2 years. Is there a way to get in touch with people that work at this site to get it changed. Thanks for asking.

...what should it be ?