zillow inaccuracies

As a realtor, I say Zillow is not accurate on anything other than address.  My personal home is on this site and they have my square footage wrong, my location is also very wrong and I don't believe my home is valued at "their suggested value".  They have us located about a mile down the road from where we live and home values in that area are different than home values in my area,  The homes in my area are larger, have more acreage and more square footage.  Makes a difference!  We recently had a bank appraiser give us an appraisal and it's no where close to what Zillow shows, it's more, much more!  You can't evaluate the value of a home by doing a drive by or by using city/county records which can often times be inaccurate!....What if people have knocked a wall out and added square footage without telling the county or city? What about views, pool and entertainment areas in the back patios?  Zillow can't see those from a county/city report or drive by.  
Geez...no wonder the real estate business is in the dumper...between banks not lending money due to stricter guidelines and Zillow and other sites like it not having accurate info and true location of properties how can a homeowner win? It sends a negative message to perspective buyers as well.  I personally discourage my customers from using Zillow and sites like it for comps.  I encourage them to use a local MLS or use local title companies for more accurate comps....Then you will have the true value or a good fact simile for a property!

May 09 2012 - Staten Island

"My personal home is on this site and they have my square footage wrong, my location is also very wrong and I don't believe my home is valued at "their suggested value"."

I see that you claimed your home back in 2011. Are you aware that you can edit the home facts to include the correct square footage and that you can move your home icon on the map to a more accurate position? Doing that might help the accuracy of your home page.

Zillow cannot see your house, views or interior remodeling. They are not an appraisal site just like a listing price is not a sales price. Updating your home facts can help make the Zestimate more accurate. If you still want to leave more information or an appraisal on your home page, owners can use the Zestimate comment to do that to point out things to people looking at the home page that Zillow cannot see.

The market bubble was based on a lot more than one website. Blaming Zillow for a crappy RE market is just silly, but to each his own.

How To Win A Bidding War
Profile picture for Joseph Runfola
Latest reply by Joseph Runfola
Home inspections
House sliding down hill
Profile picture for Deirdre Lohan Conway  GRI
Latest reply by Deirdre Lohan Conway GRI
an underwriter has indicated that my budget is unrealistic. Does this mean too low and too high?
Profile picture for MudraBuild
Latest reply by MudraBuild

1. 25 Park Ave, Carteret, NJ Home For Sale
    25 Park Ave, Carteret, NJ 07008

2. 413 Willow Rd E # 1, Staten Island, NY Home For Sale
    413 Willow Rd E # 1, Staten Island, NY 10314

3. 1126 Morris St, Roselle, NJ Home For Sale
    1126 Morris St, Roselle, NJ 07203