Zillow Advice RSS: Question-Discussion-Guide,Buying Process,Cincinnati- OH http://www.zillow.com/advice/Cincinnati-OH/home-buying-buying-process/question-discussion-guide/mortgage/?s=0 Zillow Advice search results | Zillow Real Estate What can we do to motivate seller http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/What-can-we-do-to-motivate-seller/515817/ <p>The only thing mentioned on the appraisal was the beam in the back needed a fascia... the obviously rotted beam needed a peice of plastic put over it, and that was only mentioned because the broker forced the appraiser back out to the site.&nbsp; We took this term, put a peice of plastic over the beam, to the seller and let them know this is the only thing between were we are and closing.&nbsp; The seller didn't complete it by the close date a week later so closing was pushed back two more weeks.&nbsp; The seller didn't complete it by the NEW close date so closing was pushed back two more weeks.&nbsp; The seller didn't complete it by the NEW NEW close date so closing was pushed back two more weeks...</p><p>We now are currently poised to miss the next close date one week from today (because the broker needs to do a follow-up appraisal to verify it's done).&nbsp; The mortgage broker has also had to extend our rate lock for the mortgage twice, the cost of which is being added to the closing.</p><p>WHAT CAN MY WIFE AND I DO?!?!?!&nbsp; We're reaching the end of our rope as far as sanity is concerned because we're more than ready to move out of our tiny apartment (half of it's already packed).&nbsp; In trying to speed the seller's actions along myself I was requesting updates every 2-3 days from their agent.&nbsp; A few days ago I received a message stating they weren't going to talk with me because it is improper to deal with me instead of my agent.&nbsp; I've since alerted my agent of this and he tells me that the seller works in such bulk (Homepath forclosed properties) that they just work on their own time scheme and there's not much we can do.&nbsp; I think the process has made him weary of the deal.&nbsp;</p><p>I like our agent and think he's performed great up till now but I don't want to lose it this close to closing.&nbsp; What can be done to speed this closing along and motivate the seller to performing the actions requested?</p><br/><br/><br \><br \>5 replies Fri, 18 Oct 2013 20:45:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/What-can-we-do-to-motivate-seller/515817/ 2013-10-18T20:45:00Z Can we make another offer to a house we are more interested while we are under contract (pending)? http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Can-we-make-another-offer-to-a-house-we-are-more-interested-while-we-are-under-contract-pending/497110/ Hi, As you stated, you would lose your earnest money deposit. Then, if there aren't any issues with the home (items from inspection) that could cause a delay beyond any remedy periods stated in your current contract or a reason (cost) for the seller to back away. Review your contract very carefully for buyer responsibility and seller rights. Contact your agent right away with this dilemma. They can help you through. The seller may have the right to pursue legal action if you back away without cause. Also, your financing is tied to the property your working with currently (if you're working with a lender). If you are using financing and if you have already locked your current loan you will lose that lock. The rate lock is most likely non-transferrable to another property. If I can answer any other questions I'd be happy to help. Best, Kim Lawson, Ohio Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator. Contact and licensing information is located on my profile.<br \><br \>0 replies Fri, 14 Jun 2013 20:27:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Can-we-make-another-offer-to-a-house-we-are-more-interested-while-we-are-under-contract-pending/497110/ 2013-06-14T20:27:00Z I am tired of renting and want to buy a home .I would like to buy a handyman special for around 20 http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/I-am-tired-of-renting-and-want-to-buy-a-home-I-would-like-to-buy-a-handyman-special-for-around-20/426143/ Don't worry, there is a seller out there that needs you too. The seller you need to be looking for is an owner that owns their property outright. There are sellers that have had property(as rentals, etc.) for a while, and in this economy it would work for them to turn their asset into a <a href="http://www.zillow.com/mortgage-rates/">mortgage</a> with a decent return(2% above bank rates, because they are not a bank and they have more risk).<br/>Plus, many times a rental has defered maintanence issues and a seller may have this property already on the market to liquidate(could be for quite some time) and there has been no takers because of the work it needs.<br/>&nbsp;Now, some folks may not want to be married to a mortgage forever, so you could suggest making the mortgage a balloon after 3 to 5 years. This is where you have a normal 15 or 30 year type mortgage but you are going to <a href="http://www.zillow.com/refinance/">refinance</a> them out of it in 3 to 5 years.<br/>&nbsp;Have a <a href="http://www.zillow.com/directory/real-estate-agents/">realtor</a> help you in your area, just remember you have your talents to bring to the table too. I've done it many times.<br/>Good Luck and Merry Christmas.<br/><br \><br \>0 replies Sun, 18 Dec 2011 20:30:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/I-am-tired-of-renting-and-want-to-buy-a-home-I-would-like-to-buy-a-handyman-special-for-around-20/426143/ 2011-12-18T20:30:00Z Buying agent or wait? http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Buying-agent-or-wait/567557/ Yes you should hire a good agent to help you make your point to the seller. A good Agent will provides comps to help you show the seller that their home is not worth what they are asking so yes get APPROVED by a Lender and hire that Agent before you missed out.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am here to help you make the best decision for your family based on sound, responsible financial management throughout the mortgage process. &nbsp;I can be reach via phone or email for free no obligation consultation.&nbsp;<br \><br \>0 replies Sat, 22 Nov 2014 16:50:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Buying-agent-or-wait/567557/ 2014-11-22T16:50:00Z