Zillow Advice RSS: Question-Discussion-Guide,Buying Process,Hillsboro- OR http://www.zillow.com/advice/Hillsboro-OR/home-buying-buying-process/question-discussion-guide/ Zillow Advice search results | Zillow Real Estate Short Sale Pending for 90 Days, BPO Done, How much Longer? http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Short-Sale-Pending-for-90-Days-BPO-Done-How-much-Longer/444310/ Hi All,&nbsp;<br/><br/>I was hoping for some advice. We were originally a backup offer on a short sale. The primary walked at about day 80 and we were bumped to the primary. A few days after we were bumped the banked ordered/completed a BPO on the house. How long should we expect to hear back from the bank? There is only one mortgage (Green Tree). We are on about day 100 now. Any advice will be great.&nbsp;<br \><br \>9 replies Fri, 25 May 2012 19:09:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Short-Sale-Pending-for-90-Days-BPO-Done-How-much-Longer/444310/ 2012-05-25T19:09:00Z Planned Communities asking prices http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Planned-Communities-asking-prices/499672/ Hi,<br/>I'm curious if there is usually much wiggle room w/ prices of new houses in a new planned community? I was searching for homes today and came across a new development and there were a few different house choices as well as some townhouses. We'd be much more interested in the single family homes but they may be asking a little too high prices. I'm curious if there would be room to negotiate the prices on those new builds? Any advice is welcome. Thanks.<br \><br \>2 replies Sun, 30 Jun 2013 04:05:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Planned-Communities-asking-prices/499672/ 2013-06-30T04:05:00Z Advice on asking for closing costs on a short sale? http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Advice-on-asking-for-closing-costs-on-a-short-sale/387210/ &nbsp;Looking to buy my first home and this is certainly my first short sale. We have put forth an offer on a short sale but somebody else put forth a better offer, hours before we did. The first buyer has backed out and removed their offer, after 3 weeks of waiting.&nbsp; Now I am first in line.<br/><br/>The details of the house are:<br/><br/>-Single loan with us bank (I think it was chase originally)<br/>-Sold in 2006 for 256k (I think the house actually sold for 236K but they got a home equity loan when they purchased)<br/>-Home is occupied by the owner(not a renter or vacant)<br/>-Been on the market since September of 2010 and dropping fast since Dec/Jan 2011<br/>-Home is in good condition and we think it will apprise for the list (190k)<br/>-The bank hired a negotiator<br/><br/>Details of me:<br/><br/>-Pre approval letter from my credit union<br/>-I have a 20% down payment<br/>-Standard fixed 30yr w/o points (debating points based on if I can get closing)<br/><br/>So the home is listed at 189k, and I offered 187k with 5k closing. I ran an Amortization on a 257k loan with 20% down(maybe too high on the down) and after 4-5 years of payments there should be 193k-190k left on the loan (I'm guessing). I dont want to mess around anymore with counters back and forth and I am pretty sure the bank will counter me for full price and no closing.<br/><br/>So the question is...(thank you for being patient) If/when the bank counters, what should my offer look like. Full price with no closing or Full with 1-2k closing? <br/><br/>And does it really matter that I have 20% down? Does the short sale lender care at all? I ask because I think its not very common to come in with 20% down.<br/><br/>Curt<br \><br \>12 replies Wed, 16 Feb 2011 22:56:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Advice-on-asking-for-closing-costs-on-a-short-sale/387210/ 2011-02-16T22:56:00Z how to know if you have enough equity in your home to use for a down pymt on another home? http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/how-to-know-if-you-have-enough-equity-in-your-home-to-use-for-a-down-pymt-on-another-home/354039/ 3 replies Tue, 15 Jun 2010 20:15:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/how-to-know-if-you-have-enough-equity-in-your-home-to-use-for-a-down-pymt-on-another-home/354039/ 2010-06-15T20:15:00Z If I co-sign on my son's 2nd mortgage, will I be responsible for his 1st mortgage? http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/If-I-co-sign-on-my-son%27s-2nd-mortgage-will-I-be-responsible-for-his-1st-mortgage/180831/ 3 replies Tue, 23 Dec 2008 23:10:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/If-I-co-sign-on-my-son%27s-2nd-mortgage-will-I-be-responsible-for-his-1st-mortgage/180831/ 2008-12-23T23:10:00Z What do you have to do to get a 0 down mortgage? http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/What-do-you-have-to-do-to-get-a-0-down-mortgage/183626/ <p>My wife and I were able to get out from under our house when we moved across the country, last year.&nbsp; We came out practically even and have no money to put down on another house.&nbsp; We are starting to get tired of renting, but we aren't sure if there are any 0 down <a href="http://www.zillow.com/mortgage/">mortgages</a> that exsist, anymore.&nbsp; We were told by a <a href="http://www.zillow.com/mortgage/">loan</a> officer that the Fed made rules to make them impossible, as of November 1 of 2008.&nbsp; Is that true?</p><br \><br \>5 replies Fri, 02 Jan 2009 00:36:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/What-do-you-have-to-do-to-get-a-0-down-mortgage/183626/ 2009-01-02T00:36:00Z