Zillow Advice RSS: Question-Discussion-Guide,Rent vs Buy,MD http://www.zillow.com/advice/MD/home-buying-rent-vs-buy/question-discussion-guide/ Zillow Advice search results | Zillow Real Estate Listings of "rent to own" and "option to lease" a single family house or townhome in Laurel,Maryland http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Listings-of-rent-to-own-and-option-to-lease-a-single-family-house-or-townhome-in-Laurel-Maryland/473589/ <div>Hello,&nbsp;<br/><div>I'm looking for a single family house or townhouse 3+ bed/ 2+ bath in the price range max 1850.00 rent/lease per month in Laurel/Maryland.&nbsp;<br/><div>Please can you send me all info about what I have to do and listings.&nbsp;<br/><div>Thanks!&nbsp;<br/><div>Do you have access also to owner financing?&nbsp;<br/><div>Can you tell me more about "wrap" and "subject to".&nbsp;<br/><div>Thanks again!<br/><div>Greetings,<div>Udo</div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div><br \><br \>4 replies Tue, 08 Jan 2013 16:01:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Listings-of-rent-to-own-and-option-to-lease-a-single-family-house-or-townhome-in-Laurel-Maryland/473589/ 2013-01-08T16:01:00Z Rent with option to buy http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Rent-with-option-to-buy/552516/ 4 replies Thu, 31 Jul 2014 22:38:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Rent-with-option-to-buy/552516/ 2014-07-31T22:38:00Z Given my circumstantces, I'm wondering if I should buy or rent. http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Given-my-circumstantces-I%27m-wondering-if-I-should-buy-or-rent/538686/ We need more space.&nbsp; Currently living in a small 1 bdrm. apt.&nbsp; I am 53 and I'd like to retire when I'm 64.&nbsp; If I buy, I'd want a 15 year fixed rate mortgage.&nbsp;By the time I add interest, taxes, home owner's insurance, cost of up keep, I wonder if I'd be better off finding a larger apartment, condo or townhouse to rent.<br \><br \>4 replies Wed, 30 Apr 2014 16:19:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Given-my-circumstantces-I%27m-wondering-if-I-should-buy-or-rent/538686/ 2014-04-30T16:19:00Z Just a thought! http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Just-a-thought/522722/ Why are there so many people renting and there are TONS of homes on the market for less then paying RENT!<br/><br \><br \>7 replies Sun, 29 Dec 2013 21:42:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Just-a-thought/522722/ 2013-12-29T21:42:00Z First Time Buyer, Or Not? http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/First-Time-Buyer-Or-Not/510565/ Hi, <br/><br/>I've just finished school and spent the summer unemployed, so my bank account is getting pretty slim. However, I've been offered a job with good pay, in my field. I have to move several states away, but I get some allowance for house hunting and travel. Rent in my new location is very high compared to calculations I've done (using online tools) for buying, based on some listed homes in the area and my credit score. I'm eligible for a VA home loan, so I wouldn't necessarily need to put up a down payment. I can afford to rent, but I would rather not waste the money. I don't want to rush in, but home prices are on a gentle rise in the area. <br/><br/>Would it be a more solid plan to get a 6 month lease, get used to the area, and then buy? Am I considering all of the factors at play here?<br/><br/>Thanks, <br/>TJ<br/><br/><br \><br \>18 replies Mon, 09 Sep 2013 14:47:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/First-Time-Buyer-Or-Not/510565/ 2013-09-09T14:47:00Z Should my parent cosign? http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Should-my-parent-cosign/509410/ Hello,<br/><br/>My husband and I are looking to buy our first home. I am not employed, I am a stay at home mom and full time student. Currently we live with my parents with our 1.5 year old toddler, this is our first child, and realizing we need our own space. We are faced with the decision to either rent for the next 2-4 years or buy now. We were not approved for the amount we need to buy a decent house in a nice neighborhood with good schools because of my husbands income, they will not include his over time until next December. With his OT I know that we can afford more than what they are approving us for, so of course the lenders have asked if we can find a cosigner. That's when my parents offered to cosign, but I have many concerns. I have already spoke my concerns with the two different lenders and each of them keep telling me things will be fine.<br/><br/>1. How bad will this hurt my parent's credit?<br/>2. Will this prevent them from opening up a new line of credit for anything in case they needed to for en emergency?<br/>3. How long until we could refinance to take them off the loan and by doing that would we have to pay closing costs all over again?<br/><br/>My last concern is if we did choose to rent and wait until next December when they will accept his over time, are we risking the housing rates to increase by a lot or should that not even be a big concern? I know that not one person has a crystal ball and can tell the future, but if it's in our best interest to buy now, than we would rather buy now.&nbsp;Feel free to be brutally honest with me, I can handle it. Thanks for taking the time to read this!<br \><br \>12 replies Sat, 31 Aug 2013 14:08:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Should-my-parent-cosign/509410/ 2013-08-31T14:08:00Z price? http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/price/494881/ 6000 kennedy drive / md 20185<br \><br \>1 reply Sat, 01 Jun 2013 07:21:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/price/494881/ 2013-06-01T07:21:00Z Advice on buying a townhouse near DC on the Maryand side? http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Advice-on-buying-a-townhouse-near-DC-on-the-Maryand-side/478963/ I am thinking of buying a townhouse in DC on the Maryland side. I plan to work in DC for a few years (3-4) and am struggling with the option of buying or renting. Renting a nice apartment in the area will cost me around 2k but I have no hassle of owning property&nbsp;if&nbsp;I switch jobs. Buying a townhouse is cheaper&nbsp;than renting an apartment. So i figured I would ask the experts.&nbsp;<br \><br \>5 replies Sun, 17 Feb 2013 11:45:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Advice-on-buying-a-townhouse-near-DC-on-the-Maryand-side/478963/ 2013-02-17T11:45:00Z Hello, I need help. I'm trying to find owner financing homes in northern balto county or harford c http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Hello-I-need-help-I%27m-trying-to-find-owner-financing-homes-in-northern-balto-county-or-harford-c/451503/ looking for a 3-4 bedroom single fam, 2-4 baths, basement,deck,2 car garage, age of home not a factor, updated already would be a plus.<br \><br \>5 replies Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:01:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Hello-I-need-help-I%27m-trying-to-find-owner-financing-homes-in-northern-balto-county-or-harford-c/451503/ 2012-07-18T15:01:00Z Situation analysis (Rent vs. buy) http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Situation-analysis-Rent-vs-buy/438318/ Hi all, I'm in the DC area and am considering buying a house in the 200-300K range. &nbsp;I found one listed for 250 near the metro in Montgomery county. &nbsp;Would anyone care to share their thoughts on whether I should jump into the market now or wait a few (6-12) more months?<br/><br/>Current (monthly):<br/>Income: $4375 gross<br/>Amount saved for downpayment: $38,000 (leaves me with about 12K emergency funds<br/>Other debts: None<br/>Rent: $450 (I rent a room in a group house)<br/>Utilities $130<br/>Other expenses: ~$800<br/><br/>House purchase expenses:<br/>Pre-approval: $300,000 FHA, pending approval for 30-year traditional (20% down)<br/>Projected rate with 20% down: 3.9%<br/>Cost of house: $270K (has some issues so I would offer in the 210-230 range)<br/>Closing costs: $5-7,000 (Would try to get this rolled up into the loan)<br/><strong>Monthly Cost (PITI only): $1250 approximately</strong><br/><br/>Other income: This is a 3 bedroom house and I would plan to rent out a bedroom for around $600-700/month to help pay the mortgage.<br/><br/><strong>Best-case net monthly cost after purchase (not considering maintenance/remodeling/etc.): About $600.<br/></strong><br/>So, my question is, do you think I should jump into a property now or try to wait awhile, save up a larger downpayment, and then go for it? Especially considering mortgage rate and price trends.<br/><br/>Thanks for sharing your thoughts!<br/><br/>Matt<br/><br \><br \>6 replies Sun, 08 Apr 2012 19:41:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Situation-analysis-Rent-vs-buy/438318/ 2012-04-08T19:41:00Z