Zillow Advice: Selling Process - seller responds to inspection notice and waiting reply,seller rec'v backup.Choices for seller? http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/seller-responds-to-inspection-notice-and-waiting-reply-seller-rec%27v-backup-Choices-for-seller/441995/ Zillow Advice | Zillow Real Estate Assuming contract was written ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/seller-responds-to-inspection-notice-and-waiting-reply-seller-rec%27v-backup-Choices-for-seller/441995/ Assuming contract was written with Inspection contingency and dates for such, and I understand inspections were completed, a repair proposal was submitted by the buyer. Seller responded and buyer has not signed to agree or counter proposal?&nbsp; Hope I have this right! If the Buyer and Seller did not reach a mutual written resolution during the stated period or agree to extend the agreement is terminated and buyer is entitle to a refund of the earnest money paid. As long as all dates were followed and buyer just chose not to respond within that time frame then the agreement is terminated and&nbsp;buyer is entitle to a refund.&nbsp;&nbsp;Seller may continue to receive other offers.&nbsp; The seller is not forced to make any repairs nor is the buyer forced to accept sellers counter repair proposal. If dates have expired on repair deadlines, it is terminated. Wed, 09 May 2012 08:05:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/seller-responds-to-inspection-notice-and-waiting-reply-seller-rec%27v-backup-Choices-for-seller/441995/ 2012-05-09T08:05:00Z most states have a response ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/seller-responds-to-inspection-notice-and-waiting-reply-seller-rec%27v-backup-Choices-for-seller/441995/ most states have a response deadline as in a timeframe in which the seller either has to accept the requested repairs or decline the request in writing. if the seller does not respond within the timeframe then the buyer can not be held to the contract. if it is contingent on an inspection. hope this helps.<br/><br/>Rachel Tue, 08 May 2012 20:58:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/seller-responds-to-inspection-notice-and-waiting-reply-seller-rec%27v-backup-Choices-for-seller/441995/ 2012-05-08T20:58:00Z Hello Suzie,&nbsp; I'm assuming ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/seller-responds-to-inspection-notice-and-waiting-reply-seller-rec%27v-backup-Choices-for-seller/441995/ Hello Suzie,<br/>&nbsp; I'm assuming that the buyer has performed inspections on the property and is requesting repairs or a credit.&nbsp;Is this correct?&nbsp; If this be the case, you may wish to contact the buyer's agent&nbsp;to inform the buyers that the seller is receiving back-up offers and that they need to make a decision promptly regarding the inspection contingency otherwise; you will be&nbsp;begin negotiations on&nbsp;those back-up offers.&nbsp; <br/>Hopefully, this will get the buyers to respond quickly.<br/>Good luck to you! Tue, 08 May 2012 17:29:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/seller-responds-to-inspection-notice-and-waiting-reply-seller-rec%27v-backup-Choices-for-seller/441995/ 2012-05-08T17:29:00Z