Zillow Advice: Home Buying - Delay in responding to our offer. Is this typical? http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ Zillow Advice | Zillow Real Estate I can understand your frustration. ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ I can understand your frustration. In Massachusetts, there is a date in which the offer is valid until. If we are past that date, the offer is technically not valid. You may want to check to make sure that the offer has the correct dates&nbsp;or if&nbsp;a change in the date of the offer is needed. I would think that your&nbsp;buyer's agent should be making sure that you are still in contract. Thu, 02 Aug 2012 01:04:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ 2012-08-02T01:04:00Z Sorry you did not get the ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ Sorry you did not get the house. Sellers were indeed waiting to receive the other all cash offer, most likely. If I was the listing agent, I would have been more upfront with your agent, and explain that the seller is likely getting an all cash offer soon, so the seller has decided to hold of in replying to your offer. No agents or buyers would want to be kept in the dark for so long (3.5 days). Wed, 01 Aug 2012 22:40:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ 2012-08-01T22:40:00Z Thanks for the update.&nbsp;&nbsp; ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ Thanks for the update.&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm sorry to hear that.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br/><br/>Before you jump into the search again, spend time interviewing buyer's agents.&nbsp;&nbsp; This one hasn't met all&nbsp; your expectations, so you may find that you have a great list of questions for the interview process.&nbsp;&nbsp; Like all professions, there are some great agents, some lousy agents and many in between.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; You need to find one you consider great!<br/><br/> Wed, 01 Aug 2012 22:03:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ 2012-08-01T22:03:00Z Well, we got our answer today.&nbsp; ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ Well, we got our answer today.&nbsp; We did not get the house.&nbsp; They accepted an offer from someone paying cash.&nbsp; <br/><br/>And, yes, it was 95% of the asking price with no contingencies and no seller's assistance.&nbsp; <br/><br/>I'm not too confident with my agent.&nbsp; She did not do a CMA.&nbsp; However, I do know that most houses, about 90%,&nbsp;in this neighborhood are selling for less than this one.<br/><br/>I think I will wait a while to look at more houses.&nbsp; We can save up some more money, and also find a new agent!&nbsp; She just doesn't seem to be on her game... I'm not happy. Wed, 01 Aug 2012 20:51:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ 2012-08-01T20:51:00Z @user: thanks for the thanks.&nbsp; ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ @user: thanks for the thanks.&nbsp; have you read <a href="http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Instructions-for-Phone-Verification/451729/">this phone number verification</a> post by Zillow?&nbsp;&nbsp; If it doesn't work, E-mail the guy mentioned in the FAQ!<br/> Wed, 01 Aug 2012 01:51:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ 2012-08-01T01:51:00Z This is not on that subject, ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ This is not on that subject, but want to thank "wetdawgs" for his prompt reply yesterday, and wonder if he can help with the problem we are having today. A friend, who is a computer genius, at least compared to me, had everything set up twice!!, photos, etc.,&nbsp;and the hold up to posting our listing on Zillow is that the site will not accept the phone numver, Tried another, same results.<br/>What can the problem be???????<br/>Pleas help!!! Wed, 01 Aug 2012 01:40:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ 2012-08-01T01:40:00Z In some instances the sellers ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ In some instances the sellers may be overwhelmed by receiving an offer so soon after putting it on the market weren't expecting it&nbsp;and you did mention they were older and needed time to discuss with their family.&nbsp; Hopefully you will receive good news soon. You have to have faith in people, don't get discouraged if its meant to be it will happen, if not next . Wed, 01 Aug 2012 01:16:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ 2012-08-01T01:16:00Z If they don't respond by ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ If they don't respond by your deadline, your option is to withdraw the offer or be patient for their response.&nbsp;&nbsp; 3.5 days is really not that long to wait especially if you are going to stop looking until next year if this one falls through.<br/><br/>Is it ethical?&nbsp; Absolutely.<br/>Is it aggravating?&nbsp; Absolutely.&nbsp; But, you can simply withdraw your offer.&nbsp; <br/>Is it typical?&nbsp; Not unusual to take more than a day to make a decision with a&nbsp; offer lower than asking price when the house has been on the market for less than a week. <br/><br/>Was the 95% offer with no contingencies and no seller's assistance?&nbsp;&nbsp; Did&nbsp; your agent do a thorough CMA to justify your offer price?<br/><br/>It is easy to waste a lot of time speculating on the other party's motivations, don't do it.&nbsp; <br/><br/>Breathe deeply and keep your fingers crossed.&nbsp;&nbsp; We once placed an offer where the seller's agent was upfront they weren't making a decision for four weeks.&nbsp;&nbsp; (We withdrew the offer as we weren't that patient). <br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/>&nbsp; Wed, 01 Aug 2012 01:08:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Delay-in-responding-to-our-offer-Is-this-typical/453533/ 2012-08-01T01:08:00Z