Zillow Advice: FHA and VA Loans - other income other than my employment http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/other-income-other-than-my-employment/511800/ Zillow Advice | Zillow Real Estate Since that Social Security ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/other-income-other-than-my-employment/511800/ Since that Social Security isn't going directly to you, you are not able to use it as income. The other way to use it as income is the way George Raymondo specified it below. Another way to have her income counted when applying for a mortgage is having your mother on the mortgage as well. This will allow her income to be looked at along with yours. This will also mean that all of your mothers finances will be looked at as well including her credit score. I would recommend speaking with a lender. Lenders like myself would be more than willing to speak with you to help you get the loan that you need.<br/><br/>Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you need a loan, feel free to contact me.<br/><br/>Good Luck!&nbsp; Wed, 18 Sep 2013 19:54:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/other-income-other-than-my-employment/511800/ 2013-09-18T19:54:00Z The only way you can use ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/other-income-other-than-my-employment/511800/ The only way you can use your Mother's income to help you qualify would be if the SSB were paid to you as her beneficiary. For example, when a child is receiving SSB due to a parent whom has passed, or if the child has special needs, the SSB comes to the child's guardian/parent until they are 18 years or unless it is determined that the parent/guardian will continue as the beneficiary. Other than that, your Mom would have to go the loan in order for that income to be calculated. Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:14:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/other-income-other-than-my-employment/511800/ 2013-09-18T14:14:00Z dwink, please correct me ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/other-income-other-than-my-employment/511800/ dwink, please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that you meant that you claim her as a dependent on your taxes. If you use her income, then you need to use her credit when applying for a mortgage. Too personal, I'm sure, but there is a reason that you don't want to use her credit. You could contact me directly to discuss.I'm here to help,<br/>Paul Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:58:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/other-income-other-than-my-employment/511800/ 2013-09-18T12:58:00Z I believe if you claim her ... http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/other-income-other-than-my-employment/511800/ I believe if you claim her as a dependent and you have shown the track history of claiming that income on your taxes, then yes you could count that income. &nbsp;Best course of action would be to talk to a licensed professional to double check Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:23:00 GMT http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/other-income-other-than-my-employment/511800/ 2013-09-18T12:23:00Z