Zillow Speaker Series: TrueCar’s Scott Painter (VIDEO)
TrueCar CEO Scott Painter stopped by Zillow’s Seattle headquarters to talk about TrueCar and the transformation the online company underwent last year.
Created to bring transparency to the auto-buying process, TrueCar faced intense backlash from car dealers last year. Painter and his company made the decision to engage with dealers while still maintaining their commitment to their consumers.
“Our premise was never to be the Walmart of cars but be an intelligent marketplace for the buyer and seller,” explained Painter. “Our intent is to bring the dealer and consumer on more equal footing.”
It took six months, but TrueCar has built itself back up and continues to bring real transaction data to consumers.
And it’s clear that what it does is important; Painter says the scrutiny the company faced last year only proves TrueCar’s relevancy. Watch the full talk here.
- Joel Spolsky of Stack Exchange
- Tom Douglas, chef and restaurateur
- Steve VanRoekel, White House Chief Information Officer
- Jay Inslee, candidate for Washington state governor
- Gabe Zichermann, author and consultant
- Rob McKenna, Washington state attorney general and candidate for governor
- Ronnie Chan, chairman of Hang Lung Properties Limited
- Hadi Partovi, angel investor, startup investor
- GrubHub co-founders Mike Evans and Matt Maloney
- Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn
- Adam Goldstein of Hipmunk
- Adam Lashinsky, author of “Inside Apple”
- Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-WA)
- John Cook of GeekWire
- FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski
- Gordon Stephenson of Real Property Associates
- Bill Gurley of Benchmark Capital
- Richard Tait of Cranium
- Adrian Hanauer of Sounders FC
- Steve Souders of Google