If you’re in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, April 18, you are welcome to attend Zillow’s third housing forum, “The Future of Housing: What’s Next for Housing Demand, Mortgage Finance, and Recovery.” Take a look at the speakers lined up to present at the Knight Conference Center at the Newseum in Washington D.C. on April 18.
If you’d like to attend the free event, please RSVP here. More information and ongoing news about the forum is available on our housing forum site or by following hashtag #HousingFuture on Twitter. Below is the day’s agenda:
Thursday, April 18
8 a.m: Breakfast
8:25 a.m.: Welcome
8:30 a.m.: Opening address: The Honorable Johnny Isakson, United States Senator (R-Ga.)
9 a.m.: Overview of the Nation’s Housing Market: Zillow Chief Economist Stan Humphries
9:30 a.m.: Panel 1: The Future of Housing Demand
- Moderated by Diana Olick, CNBC
- Eric Belsky, Managing Director of Joint Center for Housing Studies, Harvard
- Mark Calabria, Director of Financial Regulation Studies, Cato Institute
- Doug Holtz-Eakin, President, American Action Forum
- Jerry Howard, CEO, National Association of Home Builders
- Richard A. Smith, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, Realogy Holdings Corp.
10:40 a.m.: Short break
10:50 a.m.: Panel 2: The Future of Mortgage Finance
- Moderated by: Nick Timiraos, Wall Street Journal
- Mike Fratantoni, Vice President, Mortgage Bankers Association
- Jason Gold, Senior Fellow for Financial Markets, Progressive Policy Institute
- Laurie Goodman, Senior Managing Director, Amherst Securities Group, L.P.
- Chris Mayer, Paul Milstein Professor of Real Estate, Columbia Business School
- Scott Simon, Managing Director, Pacific Investment Management Co.
Noon: Closing address: The Honorable Jeff Merkley, United States Senator (D-Ore.)
12:30 p.m.: Adjourn + boxed lunch