While the housing recovery has been rather uneven across the country, most metros are experiencing some form of home value appreciation and have seen a bottom in home values. But such volatility can be confusing for those in the market and for policy-makers whose decisions are affecting millions of home buyers, sellers and owners. So what is in store for the future of housing demand and mortgage finance? How will the role of investors evolve throughout the housing recovery?
To help answer some of these questions, we’re excited to announce that we’re teaming up with the Progressive Policy Institute and the American Action Forum to host the half-day “Forum on the Future of Housing: What’s Next for Housing Demand, Mortgage Finance, and Recovery” April 18 at the Knight Conference Center at the Newseum in Washington, DC.
Our keynote speakers will be Sens. Johnny Isakson (R-GA) and Jeff Merkley (D-OR), and we’ll be joined by two panels of experts discussing the future of housing demand and mortgage finance.
Top housing experts in public and private sectors will debate and discuss in two panels:
Panel One: The Future of Housing Demand
Moderated by Diana Olick, CNBC
Panel Two: The Future of Mortgage Finance
Moderated by Nick Timiraos, Wall Street Journal
Speakers and panelists include:
- Eric Belsky, Managing Director of Joint Center for Housing Studies, Harvard
- Amy Bohutinsky, Chief Marketing Officer, Zillow
- Mark Calabria, Director of Financial Regulation Studies, Cato Institute
- Doug Holtz-Eakin, President, American Action Forum
- Mike Fratantoni, Vice President, Mortgage Bankers Association
- Jason Gold, Senior Fellow for Financial Markets, Progressive Policy Institute
- Laurie Goodman, Senior Managing Director, Amherst Securities Group, L.P.
- Jerry Howard, CEO, National Association of Home Builders
- Chris Mayer, Paul Milstein Professor of Real Estate, Columbia Business School
- Scott Simon, Managing Director, Pacific Investment Management Co.
- Richard A. Smith, Chairman, CEO and President, Realogy Holdings Corp.
Special overview of the nation’s housing market by Zillow Chief Economist Stan Humphries.