Former pro wrestler/actor Terry Bollea (Hulk Hogan) and his ex-wife Linda have finalized their very public divorce, but not the sale of their Belleair, FL home.
The Hogan family, former stars of the VH1 reality TV show “Hogan Knows Best,” have been unable to unload their 17,000-square-foot home, located at 130 Willadel Dr, Belleair FL 33756. The Hogans originally listed the celebrity home for an asking price of $25 million back in June 2006. Three years later, the home is now listed at $13,900,000 — 45% off the original list price.
Hogan bought the Belleair property in 1992 for $2 million. He then demolished it and spent the next four years building an opulent, European-inspired estate that later served as the scene of the first two seasons of Hogan Knows Best.
According to the listing description, the home boasts many custom details:
- Stunning views of the Intracoastal and pass to the Gulf of Mexico.
- 17,000 square feet of living space, including a guest apartment, and a boat house.
- Over 1.5 acres of manicured landscaping, with century oaks, and a gentle rolling lawn to the water.
- Multiple garages, 2 boat lifts, and a floating dock, which provides plenty of room for cars and personal water crafts
- Less than 30 minutes from international and executive airports, plus the blue water and white sands of famous beaches.
Since listing the home for sale, the Hogan family has undergone some serious renovations. After 23 years of marriage, Terry and Linda Bollea divorced in July 2009. The divorce stemmed from accusations of extramarital affairs between Mr. Bollea and his daughter’s friend, Christiane Plante, and/or alleged makeup artist Jennifer McDaniel. Mom Linda is now dating a young-enough-to-be-her-son 19-year-old boyfriend Charley Hill fending off accusations of drug abuse. Daughter Brooke is starring in a spin-off reality series called “Brooke Knows Best,” which focuses on her independence from her parents and budding career as a recording artist. Son Nick is laying low after serving an eight-month jail sentence on charges stemming from a nearly fatal August 2007 car crash.
See more photos of Hulk Hogan’s house