Jeff Gordon Looks for Big Apple Finish by Listing His $30M Apartment
Here’s one New York City apartment that’s definitely not the pits.
In fact, listed for sale at $30 million, one thing that’s abundantly clear about this grandly located and luxuriously appointed apartment: Owner Jeff Gordon has done more than fine during his years of NASCAR racing and hanging in the famous pits. With more than $129 million in career earnings, Gordon is NASCAR’s all-time earnings leader. And this apartment puts the lead in high-octane living.
The race car driver who just competed in the 700th race of his career bought the 3-bedroom, 3.5-bathroom residence at the exclusive House section of 15 Central Park West back in 2007, just after marrying his second wife. The couple then turned Apartment 7C — what was essentially a shell — into a palace thanks to what the listing agent called “a painstaking, no-expense-spared renovation (that) has ensured that every detail of this 3,454-square-foot home exudes modern elegance and comfort.”
If it seems incongruent for a NASCAR star to not only own a prestigious Upper West Side residence but to have had the vision to invest and create such a luxurious ambiance, Gordon has long had a passion for the Big Apple.
“I love that there are certain times that I’ll get recognized, and it’s kind of surprising and fun. But I can walk down the street most of the time and not be recognized, and I enjoy that, too,” Gordon told AM New York three years ago.
Now, however, the 42-year-old father of two has decided that the New York real estate market for high-end properties is hot enough again to try and make a deal. The Gordon’s built a massive custom home in Charlotte, N.C., where the family has lived since 2010 when they aren’t globetrotting with ski trips to Aspen and site-seeing in Belgium.
As for what Jeff Gordon is willing to leave behind in his former adopted hometown, it’s top-of-the-line exquisite, including:
- Spectacular Central Park and city views
- Top-of-the-line appointments
- Entry foyer graced by 6-foot’ Santos Mahogany floors with solid brass in-laid edging
- Open living/dining room that showcases direct east-facing Central Park views from a wall of oversized windows spanning over 46 feet
- A flamed absolute black granite sushi bar with a blackened steel countertop, wine fridge and mini bar is cleverly concealed behind American walnut diving fins adorned with patinaed brass inserts
- Chic eat-in chef’s kitchen, highlighted with plate steel-like Italian ceramic tile flooring, flamed absolute black granite counters and Miele/ Wolf/ Sub-Zero appliances
- A discreet private home office
- A large master suite that measures over 740 square feet, with a separate dressing room, 2 walk-in closets and a luxurious ensuite limestone bath with Boffi soaking tub.
And if $30 million still sounds like a lot of cash for the apartment, consider the amenities that come from living in one of New York’s most coveted addresses.
Designed by famed architect and historian Robert A.M. Stern, 15 Central Park West is close to Time Warner Center, Lincoln Center, the Theater District, and some of the world’s best shopping on Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue. The building is fully staffed and pet friendly with a landscaped motor court, garage, 14,000-sq. ft. fitness center with a 75-foot sky-lit lap pool, spa and sauna/steam rooms, screening room for 20 guests, private restaurant and catering, private wine rooms, library, business center, 1,400-sf meeting space, game room, outdoor terrace, and children’s playroom.
- Workout Guru Jillian Michaels Lists, Then Withdraws Home from Market
- Actress Reese Witherspoon Buys Third Brentwood Home
- Superhero Actor Chris Evans Wins Bidding War for Hollywood Hills Home