The engineering team at Zillow has been cranking out innovative products since we first launched our website back in 2006. We are launching the Zillow Engineering Blog to share and discuss some of the technology and product insights we have encountered along the way. All of the posts will come from members of the engineering team and will focus on:
- New product features and the technology backing them.
- Cool technologies we have come across.
- Insights into our culture.
- Thoughts on product development processes.
- Recaps (and sometimes video) from our Zillow Speaker Series.
- Anything else we think might be of general interest!
Of course, we won’t share all the secrets, but we hope there will be good give-and-take from others in the developer community. Feel free to let us know if there are topics you would like to discuss or questions you might have regarding our technology stack. There is quite a bit running behind the scenes that makes the Zillow mobile apps and website run smoothly, and we look forward to sharing some of the things we have learned along the way.
Open source technologies, agile development processes and a quest for innovation are at the heart of all we do on the Zillow engineering team. We hope you engage in the discussions and enjoy a peek behind the curtain.
Check out the new Zillow Engineering Blog – http://engineering.zillow.com/
– David Beitel