It’s been an exciting few weeks for Zillow Mobile. We launched our first rentals app – Zillow Rentals – and reached a major mobile milestone in the first quarter with more homes now viewed on Zillow’s apps than on Zillow.com. The Zillow Real Estate App also earned the “Best Mobile App” trophy at the Webby Awards.
But we didn’t stop there! We made the most popular real estate app on Android even better by adding a suite of new features to both our tablet and smartphone apps. Home shoppers now have the ability to:
- Draw one or more boundaries around neighborhoods of any shape and size with the touch of a finger
- Save personalized boundary searches to a list of saved searches
- View notifications, (new homes added to saved searches), and favorite homes on a map
- Email or delete multiple homes from the favorite homes list
Users with the Zillow app on their Android phone get an additional bonus of now having access to the rich experience of Zillow Mortgage Marketplace. With this integration, users have easy access to important financial information and tools whenever they need it during the home-shopping process – whether they are standing in the living room of their dream home for sale, or getting ready to make an offer. Zillow Android app users can now utilize:
- The payment calculator, which helps consumers estimate what their monthly payment will look like for a particular home that interests them.
- The refinance calculator, which allows consumers to compare their current loan and new loan quote to estimate potential savings if they refinance.
The mortgage shopping experience also enables users to request and receive personalized loan quotes, read lender reviews, and connect with a lender to start the pre-approval process with one tap of a finger.