For buyers with deep, deep pockets, here comes another mega-million addition to Palm Beach, Florida‘s “Billionaire’s Row” (homes located between ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway): a French Chateau-style home located at 1220 South Ocean, Palm Beach, FL.
Cost? $84 million.
This multi-million dollar spec home by Dan Swanson of Addison Development is the most expensive home the company has ever built in its 30-year history and just missed inclusion in our recent Top 10 Most Expensive Homes for Sale in U.S. post that ran in September.
Swanson is a high-end developer for the rich and famous in the U.S. and has also developed private, elegant communities such as Phipps Estates in Palm Beach and Addison Estates at the Boca Hotel.
And what sets this home apart from the average home? Scale. The home is 27,000 sq ft on 2.5 acres and is designed for “large-scale entertaining,” and includes “art walls to showcase a major collection,” plus “gardens for sculpture.” When is the last time you ever heard those amenities included in a home you were looking at?
Take a look at some of the many, luxurious features of 1220 South Ocean:
- Approximately 2.5 acres, entirely walled and gated with main and service entries
- Secured parking for over 50 cars including oversized 5-bay garage
- Separate guest house
- Boat dock and beach access
- Complete surveillance and security system
- 250 feet of water frontage
- 500 sq ft entry veranda with three pairs of 13-foot hand-carved European doors
- Large porte cochere at informal entry
- 2,300 sq ft of outdoor loggias
- 2,000 sq ft of balconies
- 3,000 sq ft outdoor entertainment area with built-in barbecue surrounded by gardens and fountains
- 60-foot heated pool with fountains
- 27,355 sq ft of living space
- Customized millwork throughout
- European marble, antique stone and European oak flooring
- Marble foyer with his and her guest powder rooms with adjacent marble staircase
- Additional family staircase adjacent to commercial elevator
- Lakeside dining room can accommodate more than 20 guests
- Chef-designed French country kitchen with multiple service islands
- Morning room off kitchen for casual everyday living
- Library with European oak custom built-ins and powder room and bar
- Sun-filled garden room ideal for large gatherings, ladies’ luncheons, casual or formal evening soirees
- Custom designed hard-carved fireplaces in the living room, garden room and master suite
- Six juice bars
- Main service bar has separate 3000+ bottle, temperature-controlled wine room and European sit-down bar in garden room
- Eight en-suite bedrooms, 5 powder rooms plus separate guest house
- 4,000 sq ft master suite including separate sitting rooms with powder room and wet bar, his and her baths and dressing rooms, morning and afternoon covered and sunning balconies
- Upstairs exercise suite has separate massage room, juice bar and steam shower bath
> See more Palm Beach, FL homes for sale