How to Generate Online Buzz About Your Rental Business
Word-of-mouth advertising is one of the most effective forms of marketing. As tenants share their positive experiences with your agency with their friends and family members, they are spreading the word and serving as champions for your business. Their endorsements are much more meaningful than any print or multimedia ad can possibly be. When referrals approach you about their own rental needs, they are already pre-sold on your offer. Since the most effective buzz about your business is generated through word-of-mouth, it’s in your best interest to get people talking. Below are a few ways to leverage social media to generate buzz online.
- Create a Facebook page for your business. Use your Facebook page to interact with current and prospective tenants. Not only is Facebook a great place to post photos of some of your current listings, it’s also perfect for creating an online buzz. Post interesting and “sharable” items, answer questions promptly, ask questions, and use polls to seek feedback. In addition, you can post incentives and promos and encourage your fans to share them with their friends.
- Set up a referral rewards program. Sometimes, all people need is a gentle push in the form of a reward. Many referral rewards programs are available and managed online or you can create your own incentives to reward your clients for referrals. Use your website, blog, or Facebook page to announce the program and encourage referrals.
- Write and submit articles to article directories. Posting industry-specific articles on article directories such as EzineArticles.com can establish you as a property management expert. In addition, these directories allow you to include a short resource box with a link to your website of social media page at the bottom of the article. Not only that, other website owners and bloggers may publish your article (and its resource box and link) on their sites which can quickly spread the word.
- Become a guest blogger. Just as you can generate buzz online by writing articles, you can also get your name out there on other blogs. Bloggers constantly need interesting content and are often open to publishing guest blog posts from other experts. Look for bloggers in a related, preferably local, market and approach them about guest blogging. For example, as a property manager, you likely work with home improvement contractors. Writing a guest blog post about how to improve a rental unit without getting in trouble with the landlord could be a good fit for both businesses. With this strategy, the other business is spreading the word to its clientele.
- Ask for referrals. Use every opportunity to ask for referrals including in conversations, email messages, and social media.
- Express your appreciation. When you do get a referral, make sure to say thank you. If you have a rewards program, make sure the reward is issued promptly as well.
These are just a few ways to start generating buzz about your rental business online. Plan on doing a little buzz generation each day and you will slowly build a long-term presence online.