What Would You Do With $10,000?
What would you do if you won $10,000 cash and a chance to ask home improvement guru Bob Vila for some personal advice on how to spruce up your space? We posed this question to our Facebook community, and more than 200 people chimed in with their home improvement dreams.
Here are some of our favorite responses.
- Joan Libnau Koch: First I would stand still completely and totally in shock and then jump around the entire house screaming I don’t believe it. Then I would seriously consider redoing my floor and maybe a bathroom.
- Amy Harris Hickman: Finish up the rest of our basement. We’ve got the HVAC, framing, lighting, cabling, plumbing, speaker wires and electrical all finished. Next up are drywall, painting and building a custom bar! $10k would be plenty to do it and trick it out with all the bells and whistles a great “sports bar” needs! Ahhh, if only I had the $10,000 and Bob to answer my questions!
- Chandra D. Bernat: Talk to him about the best way to go about removing a couple of walls and his opinion on opening up our galley kitchen to the rest of the home. I would also ask for some design tips for our said new kitchen. I would like to redo it in the spirit of 1940′s farmhouse with a modern industrial spin as a nod to the late Eleanor Roosevelt who frequented our home and was a friend of the previous owner.
- Tammy Dibley Hartfield: We would put it towards the home addition plans that we have in progress to accommodate our growing family & maybe get past the conceptual phase. $10,000 would be a nice financial shove to expand our 900 square foot starter home.
- Conni Visconti Brown: Build a new kitchen, one that I don’t have to child-proof with duct tape for my two year old triplet boys!
- Diane Maguire: Probably pass out. I’ve never won anything before in my entire life. When I woke up I would ask him about how to improve my home with the $10,000.
It’s not too late! Visit Zillow on Facebook and enter to win today!
1. From your desktop or laptop computer (i), head to Zillow’s Facebook page, “like” Zillow, then complete a short entry form for a chance to win. Already like Zillow on Facebook? No problem. Existing members of Zillow’s Facebook community are eligible to enter the sweepstakes.
2. Interested in doubling your chances of winning? Go to BobVila.com for an additional entry into the sweepstakes! (ii)
The Zillow Summer Home Improvement Sweepstakes starts 8/1/12 at 12 PM ET, and ends 8/31/12 at 12 PM ET. See the Official Rules for complete details on entry instructions, odds of winning, prize details, restrictions, etc.
Read more from Bob Vila:
(i) The sweepstakes is not optimized for entry via a mobile device. You must visit Facebook.com/Zillow from a desktop or laptop computer to enter.
(ii) Maximum of two entries into the Promotion, per person (one on Zillow’s Facebook page, one on BobVila.com)