Zillow’s Killer 2009
- An average of 8.2 million people (unique visitors) came to Zillow each month in 2009, which is a 57 percent year-over-year increase.
- 3.9 million homes are now posted for sale, for rent or Make Me Move on Zillow — up 43 percent over 2008.
- The Zillow iPhone App has been downloaded more than 870,000 times since its launch just eight months ago, making it the #1 real estate app on the iPhone. More than 2 million homes are viewed on the Zillow iPhone App each month.
- Consumers submitted over half a million loan requests on Zillow Mortgage Marketplace in 2009, and lenders responded with more than 10 million custom loan quotes.
- 171 U.S. newspapers began using Zillow’s search and listings technology to power their real estate Web sites in 2009 — check out a few including The Tampa Tribune and Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
Meanwhile, here’s a breakout of our most-visited metropolitan areas in 2009.