At Zillow ("Zillow" or "we" or "us" or "our"), we appreciate your use of and contributions to our Web sites (defined to include all properties (mobile, web or otherwise) owned and operated by Zillow) and features (known as the "services"). Zillow respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
Advertising-Supported Business Model
The Zillow Web sites and our extensive set of features are generally funded through advertising dollars.
This advertising revenue helps keep Zillow free of charge for our user community. It also allows us to explore and build new features.
We strive to make advertisements relevant and useful to you. Therefore, we may serve advertisements to you based on the information we collect from you or in relation to your interaction on our site.
We pledge to be transparent about the information we monitor and collect from you. We keep information private between you and Zillow, except as explained below.
Collection of Information
When you use Zillow's Web sites, we collect a variety of information.
Information you provide. When using our Web sites and services, you may provide information about yourself, such as name, address, phone number and e-mail. This may occur when you register on Zillow, claim a home, or complete other forms, such as a loan request. We may combine this information with other information we collect from your activity on our Web sites or from other companies. You may also provide information about a third party on a Zillow Web site, for example, if you share a real estate listing with a recipient via email.
In addition, when you order products or services from Zillow Web sites, Zillow may collect your credit/debit card information. Zillow will use this information solely to complete your order and will not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to complete the order or comply with applicable law.
In the event that a credit report is required to use a Zillow product or service, Zillow may collect your social security number ("SSN"). Zillow restricts access to SSNs to employees, vendors and subcontractors who require SSNs to support certain products and services. Zillow strives to protect SSNs from unlawful disclosure and to keep them confidential by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Third-party cookies. We work with service providers and advertising networks to track and manage cookie information and your activities while you're on Zillow or using our services. You may opt-out of cookie tracking and analysis from any of these ad networks by Opting Out of Collection of Information, which is explained further below.
- Usage logs. When you use the services, your computer communicates a variety of information to computer servers, including the existence of cookies, your Internet Protocol address, and information about your browser program. We also create a record of what information you are requesting, such as the page or subject areas you're visiting.
- Calls. Calls to Zillow or to third parties through Zillow may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes. If a call is recorded between you and a third party, it will be deemed private information of both you and the third party, and may be released to either of you.
Usage and Disclosure
In general, Zillow uses the information collected from you to communicate with you and operate our features and services. Zillow also uses this information to present you with advertising that we believe will be of interest or useful to you.
Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting information that identifies you personally, where you have chosen to keep it private. We will only share personal information that you provide outside the public areas of our services in the following circumstances:
- Consent. When you consent or direct Zillow to share the information. For example, if you choose to contact a real estate agent or lender through Zillow, your name and e-mail address will appear to the recipient of the message.
- Merger or sale. If and when Zillow is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its business, personal information may be transferred along with the business
When you provide public information without identifying yourself, we will protect your personal identity as described above. If your account profile does not identify you personally, Zillow won't reveal your identity to third parties except in accordance with this policy.
Some Things are Not Covered
- Real estate information. Zillow strives to provide open and transparent information about real estate markets. As a result, we make available past sales prices for homes, and allow any user to post a question or answer about a given home. Many times, this information is already publicly available. As long as discussion surrounds real estate and not individuals, we intend to keep this information freely available on our Web sites. Where a professional participates in the Zillow community, we may also allow users to comment on the professional, such as the lender ratings in the Zillow Mortgage Marketplace.
- Aggregated non-personal information and other information without personal identification. While we do not share your personal information with third parties unless permitted above, Zillow may share aggregate anonymous information with third-parties. This information does not personally identify individuals, but instead provides a helpful understanding of the groups of people who prefer certain types of information and services.
You may receive e-mail from Zillow for a variety of reasons - for example, if you took an action on the Zillow Web sites, you signed up for a regular report, or you posted your home for sale and a buyer sent you a message. We respect your desire to manage e-mail correspondence. If you have an account with Zillow, you can select your preferences through your account tools. Also, you can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the e-mail we send you.
Opting Out of Collection of Information
Zillow has relationships with the following services:Advertising.com
Zillow marketing service provider. If you do not want Zillow and its marketing service provider to follow your usage of our services via cookies and Web beacons, you can opt-out of the Web site analysis tools.
Opting out of these services does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the service from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your Web preferences and usage patterns.
Zillow can provide you with helpful information based on where you are. If you tell Zillow where you are (eg., by allowing your mobile device to send Zillow your location), Zillow may use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
Windows Live® Virtual Earth®
Windows Live Virtual Earth imagery is supplied by Microsoft Corporation, and use is subject to the Microsoft MapPoint Privacy Statement.
Third-Party Web Sites
Diverse Solutions Web site
You may access all of your personally identifiable information collected through the Diverse Solutions Web site by emailing us at email@example.com. You may also correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, demonstrating the error. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to granting access or making corrections.
Zillow Rentals Web site
You understand that when you join Zillow Rentals, you will be added to the Zillow Rentals Directory, which is available to all Zillow Rentals users and which may be made publicly available. The directory information may include certain personal information you provide to us, such as your name, email and other contact information, unless you opt out of including such information in your directory listing by editing the settings in your Zillow Rentals account.
Children Under the Age of 13
Zillow will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13. Our services are not designed to attract the attention of persons under the age of 13.
Storage and Security of Information
Personal information will be processed and stored by Zillow in databases hosted in the United States. Zillow has taken reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us, including, but not limited to, setup of processes, equipment and software to avoid unauthorized access or disclosure of this information.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or the privacy practices of Zillow, please e-mail us at .
— Updated October 2012