1. Permissible Use. Unless you are a real estate or lending professional acting in your professional capacity, you agree to use the Services for your personal use, and your commercial use is limited to transactions done on your own behalf. The commercial use of real estate and lending professionals is limited to providing information to consumers via the Services or, where authorized, taking actions on behalf of a consumer client (e.g., post a home for sale). Without limitation, lending professionals and institutions are prohibited from using information provided by Zillow through the Services in making any loan-related decisions. The Services may be used only for transactions in residential real estate and may not be used for transactions in commercial real estate, which includes, without limitation, commercially zoned properties, timeshares, and vacation rentals. Subject to the restrictions set forth in the following paragraphs, you may copy information from the Services only as necessary for your personal use to view, save, print, fax and/or e-mail such information. You agree otherwise not to reproduce, modify, distribute, display or otherwise provide access to, create derivative works from, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any portion of the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the aggregate level data provided on the Zillow Local-Info Pages, and available at http://www.zillowblog.com/research/, (the “Aggregate Data”) may be used for non-personal uses, e.g., real estate market analysis. You may display and distribute derivative works of the Aggregate Data (e.g., within a graph), so long as Zillow is cited as a source.
2. Restrictions and Additional Terms. You agree not to remove or modify any copyright or other intellectual property notices that appear in the Services. You will not use the Services for resale, service bureau, time-sharing or other similar purposes. Further:
- Automated Queries. Automated queries (including screen and database scraping, spiders, robots, crawlers and any other automated activity with the purpose of obtaining information from the Services) are strictly prohibited on the Services, unless you have received express written permission from Zillow. As a limited exception, publicly available search engines and similar Internet navigation tools ("Search Engines") may query the Services and provide an index with links to the Services' Web pages, only to the extent such unlicensed "fair use" is allowed by applicable copyright law. Search Engines are not permitted to query or search information protected by a security verification system ("captcha") which limits access to human users.
Notice of Use
CONTRACTOR (MANUFACTURER/ SUPPLIER)
CONTRACTOR (MANUFACTURER/SUPPLIER) ADDRESS:
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 900
Chicago, Illinois 60654
3. Materials You Provide; Account Use; Privacy; Third Party Web Sites. For materials you post or otherwise provide to Zillow in connection with the Services (your "Submission"), you grant Zillow an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free worldwide license to (a) use, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, modify, prepare derivative works of or incorporate into other works, and translate your Submission, in connection with the Services or in any other media, and (b) sublicense these rights, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Zillow will not pay you for your Submission or to exercise any rights related to your Submission set forth in the preceding sentence. Zillow may remove or modify your Submission at any time. For each Submission, you agree to provide accurate and complete information and represent that you have all rights necessary to grant Zillow the rights in this paragraph and that the Submission complies with Section 2(a) above. You are solely responsible for all Submissions made through your Zillow user account or that you otherwise make available through the Services.
Zillow will not use client contact information that is uploaded by agents into Zillow's Agent Hub portal for any purpose.
5.The Role of Zillow. Zillow, Inc. is a licensed real estate broker in the state of Texas but does not broker real estate transactions. Zillow does not act as a real estate agent for you or any other user. Zillow does not sell, buy, or negotiate the purchase, sale, or exchange of real property. Further, Zillow does not lease or rent, offer to lease or rent, or negotiate the lease of real property or otherwise aid or assist in the lease of real property.
6. Mortgage Information Services. These terms apply specifically to Zillow Mortgage Marketplace:
- Zillow Mortgage Marketplace. Zillow allows consumers to provide anonymous information to banks, lenders, originators, loan brokers and their employees (collectively, the "Lenders") to request quotes on terms for mortgage-backed loans. Lenders may elect to respond to consumer requests with non-binding customized quotes of the terms they would offer to a borrower fitting the consumer's anonymous profile, as well as their contact information. These non-binding quotes are not intended to be Good Faith Estimates as defined in the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act. If you, as a consumer, choose to contact a Lender through Zillow Mortgage Marketplace by filling out a contact request form on Zillow, you authorize Zillow to provide your name and contact information to the Lender you choose, along with your quote request. By submitting your name and contact information, your identity will no longer be anonymous and Lenders may contact you directly. Any loan or other business conducted is between you and the Lender.
- The Role of Zillow; Disclaimer. Zillow is not a Lender and does not aid or assist borrowers in obtaining loans, solicit borrowers or Lenders for loans, negotiate or make loans or credit decisions in connection with loans. Zillow does not endorse or recommend the products of any particular Lender. Zillow does not guarantee any specific loan terms and conditions offered to consumers by a Lender will be granted, or that consumers will be offered any type of loan by any Lender. Zillow is not an agent of either any consumer or any Lender. Zillow is only providing an administrative service to consumers and participating Lenders. Zillow assumes no responsibility for any result or consequence related directly or indirectly to any action or inaction that consumers take based on the Services, including Zillow Mortgage Marketplace, and any other information available there. Interest rates provided through the Services are for information purposes only, and actual interest rates may vary.
- Fees. The Zillow Mortgage Marketplace is free to consumers.
- Participating Lenders. The Lenders participating on Zillow are solely responsible for their services to consumers. Zillow shall not be liable for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with any consumers' use of the Zillow Web site, Zillow Mortgage Marketplace, or the services offered by Lenders. Zillow is not responsible for any errors or delays caused by consumers or any Lenders in the loan process. Zillow reserves the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to discontinue, suspend, or terminate the participation of any Lender or other user from Zillow Mortgage Marketplace. When an individual Lender applies for Zillow Mortgage Marketplace, Zillow uses commercially reasonable efforts to confirm the Lender's license (in the states claimed in the Lenders profile) and/or employment with a lending institution. However, consumers should confirm credentials if they choose to contact the Lender.
7. Additional Terms for Use of Certain Services.
9. Linked Materials and Third-Party Materials. The Services include links to third-party products, services and Web sites, as well as materials provided by third parties. Zillow does not endorse, and takes no responsibility for such products, services, Web sites, and materials. You understand that Zillow has no obligation to, and generally does not, approve or monitor materials provided by third parties through the Services. Your dealings with any third party arising in connection with the Services are solely between you and such third party, and Zillow takes no responsibility for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your dealings with these third parties.
10. Claims of Copyright Infringement. Zillow respects the intellectual property rights of others, and asks that everyone using the Services do the same. Anyone who believes that their work has been reproduced on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement may notify Zillow's copyright agent in accordance with Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), by providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that you claim is infringing and needs to be removed, including a description of where it is located on the Services so that the copyright agent can locate it;
- Your address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address, so that the copyright agent may contact you about your complaint; and
- A signed statement that the above information is accurate; that you have a good faith belief that the identified use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf in this situation.
Notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent as follows:
1301 Second Avenue, Floor 31
Seattle, WA 98101
Attention: Copyright Agent
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you give notice of copyright infringement by text e-mail, Zillow's copyright agent may begin investigating the alleged copyright infringement; however, we must receive your signed statement by mail or as an attachment to your e-mail before we are required to take any action.
11. Intellectual Property. The Services are the property of Zillow, and subject to the intellectual property rights of Zillow and its licensors. ©2006-2013 Zillow, Inc. All rights reserved. Map data ©2006-2013 NAVTEQ. All rights reserved. ZIP+4 data ©2006-2013 United States Postal Service. Yahoo! User Interface Library ©2006-2013, Yahoo! Inc. and provided pursuant to the BSD license as set forth at http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/license.txt. Patents pending. Zillow, Zillow.com, the z-in-a-house logo, Zestimate, Make Me Move, Dueling Digs, Zestimator, Zindex, Postlets, Vyoo.it, Diverse Solutions, the Diverse Solutions logo, dsSearchAgent, dsAgentChat, dsIDXpress, AgentCast and dsAgentReach are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Zillow in the United States and/or other countries. You may not use any of Zillow's trademarks as part of your screen name or email address on the Services. The names of actual companies, products, and services mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Zillow does not assert copyright or grant any rights to the underlying images or descriptions of real estate listings provided through the Services. Any use of these images and descriptions is subject to the copyright owner's permission and/or the requirements of applicable law.
12. NO WARRANTY. ZILLOW PROVIDES THE SERVICES "AS IS," "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE," AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ZILLOW AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ZILLOW AND ITS SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (A) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE.
17. Release. You release Zillow, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from all liability related to any and all claims and demands you may assert against any third party arising out of the Services. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor."