Zillow® Listings Feed - Terms
Thank you for choosing to provide data, pictures, and other content about homes you have listed for sale, or for rent ("Data") to Zillow, Inc. ("Zillow") through one or more data feeds. This document sets forth the terms that apply when the agent, broker, brokerage company, property manager, property management company or data listing aggregator identified below ("you") provide the Data to Zillow on behalf of yourself or third parties. By providing Zillow access to Data and by checking the box indicating your acceptance of these Listing Data Feed Terms, you agree to these terms.
- License to Data. You grant Zillow a nonexclusive, royalty-free license to use, copy, distribute, publicly display and perform, and create derivative works of the Data, only on and in connection with the web sites and other properties owned or operated by Zillow or its authorized licensees. This license is perpetual, but subject to termination as described in Section 4 below. After a listing terminates, Zillow will retain the corresponding Data and will provide you with attribution whenever displaying that Data on the Zillow website. Zillow will not alter the Data you provide except for format and presentation purposes only. Zillow may also create derivative works that do not include the Data in identifiable form (e.g. using Data to produce Zestimate® values) solely for display to consumers and may use the Data for promotional purposes in a contextually relevant manner.
- Warranty. You represent that (a) you have all rights necessary to grant Zillow the rights in paragraph 1 on behalf of yourself, the brokerage or property management company you represent, or if you are a listing data aggregator, the third parties whose data you aggregate; (b) to the best of your knowledge, the Data is accurate and complete and is consistent with like records you provide to listing or other services; (c) the Data complies with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and licenses; (d) Zillow's exercise of such license rights will not violate any proprietary or personal right of any third party, including the property owner(s); (e) the Data will not cause injury to another person or entity; and (f) the information provided below is accurate and complete. You further promise to indemnify and defend Zillow and its affiliates against all claims related to your Data, including breach of any warranty set forth above. If you discover any violation of the warranties above, you will immediately notify Zillow at email@example.com.
- Changes. Zillow reserves the right to change these terms upon notice to your contact identified below. Unless you cease providing Data as described in paragraph 4, such changes will apply on and after the effective date in such notice, and your continuing to provide Data to Zillow will constitute acceptance of and agreement to any such changes. Zillow may suspend or discontinue its services, including use of the Data, at any time.
- Termination. You may cease providing Data to Zillow at any time. Zillow will remove your Data from the Zillow websites and delete it from Zillow's records within five (5) business days of receipt of the Notice of Termination, except that Zillow will retain a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to use, copy, distribute, publicly display and perform, and create derivative works of Basic Data, only as permitted by this Agreement. After termination, paragraphs 2 and 5 will survive with respect to Data already provided to Zillow, and Zillow will retain ownership of derivative works created hereunder. Basic Data is defined in the Zillow Broker Listing Feeds Guide technical specification, available at www.zillowfeeds.com. Notice of Termination is a letter to Zillow terminating these Zillow Broker Listing Terms, sent via certified U.S. mail or overnight delivery, to: Zillow Broker Listing Feed Termination, c/o Greg Schwartz, 1301 Second Avenue, Floor 31, Seattle, WA 98101, with a carbon copy to Zillow Broker Listing Feed Termination, c/o Legal Department at the same address.
- Choice of Law; Entire Agreement; Facsimile. You and Zillow agree that these terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington and that jurisdiction and venue for any disputes shall be resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts in King County, Washington. These terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior agreements, understandings, negotiations and discussions.
Updated January 2012