In judicial foreclosures, the court appoints someone to hold the foreclosure auction. This person is the referee. The court typically chooses referees from a list of local lawyers.
Next Article  >  Referee's Deed
This content is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice and should not be relied on in lieu of consultation with an attorney. You should consult an attorney and/or a foreclosure specialist for individual advice regarding your own situation. The content may include links to other sites owned and operated by third parties. Zillow is not responsible for the content on such third party sites and does not necessarily sponsor, endorse or otherwise approve of the materials appearing on the sites.