10 Mohegan Ave, Old Saybrook, CT 06475
Not for Sale
This home is not currently listed for sale or rent on Zillow.
This home is not currently listed for sale or rent on Zillow.
Rent Zestimate: $2,987/mo
- Bedrooms:6 beds
- Bathrooms:8 baths
- Single Family:8,368 sq ft
- Lot:3.45 acres
- Year Built:1939
- Last Sold:Sep 2004 for $6,000,000
- Heating Type:Forced air
" Katharine HepburnFAMILY COMPOUNDThe historic Katharine Hepburn home is the centerpiece of a family compound with three deeded waterfront lots, each with its own sandy beach.THE RENOVATIONIn 2005, New York Builder Frank Sciame embarked on a complete renovation of the property. Bringing to bear his experience restoring some of New York City's greatest landmarks including the New York Public Library and St. Patrick's Cathedral, he oversaw the project which included raising the structure five feet to protect it from the Long Island Sound. All new systems were installed, and the historic structure was seamlessly augmented to create light-filled rooms while preserving the historical integrity of the structure.THE NEW GATEHOUSE RESIDENCEThe elite Borough of Fenwick does not allow Accessory Dwellings or Guest Homes on a single property. Therefore, a subdivision of the property was completed to create three separately deeded parcels. On the eastern portion of the property, a 2750 square foot gatehouse residence will be built which includes 3 bedrooms, 3
bathrooms and numerous covered terraces and patios. The dormers and upper story porches echo design elements of the renovated, original estate. The home was designed to compliment its historic surroundings while meeting the most modern expectations by providing open floor plans. Sciame is also exploring the possibility of a third house, on the legally deeded parcel to the west of the existing houseTHE HISTORIC HOMEThe main residence includes over 8000 square feet of living space on three floors. There are six bedrooms, each with private bath. The cook's kitchen features an AGA stove and Sub Zero refrigerator and is adjacent to the living room and dining room, both of which overlook the Long Island Sound, a pond and a private dock. A Den, Chart Room, Potting Room, Pantry, Laundry Room, and 2-car garage complete the estate. In the 1930s and 1940s, Howard Hughes landed his seaplane directly in front of the home. Today, the same opportunity is available to the owner. Additionally, launching your boat from the private dock can have you in the Hamptons in about an hour.THE NEIGHBORHOODAt the eastern tip of Fenwick, the Hepburn residence sits on 3.4 acres, surrounded by the waters of the Long Island Sound to the south and a pond to the north. Adjacent, more than 3 additional acres were designated by Katharine Hepburn to remain forever open. The conservation parcel is now owned and maintained by the Lynde Point Land Trust, thus assuring unobstructed views in perpetuity. Fenwick, a community of 83 homes, was established in the 1600s and is located where the Long Island Sound meets the Connecticut River. The private community is known for its golf course, swimming and boating.
- ParkingGarage - Attached
- Basement TypeUnknown
- Floor CoveringHardwood, Tile
- Ceiling Fan
- Double Pane/Storm Windows
- Jetted Tub
- Security System
- Sports Court
- Sprinkler System
- Vaulted Ceiling
- Additional Features2nd Bedroom Description \ Fireplace,2nd Bedroom Description \ Full Bath,2nd Bedroom Description \ Walkin Closet,3rd Bedroom Description \ Fireplace,3rd Bedroom Description \ Full Bath,3rd Bedroom Description \ Walkin Closet,4th Bedroom Description \ Fireplace,4th Bedroom Description \ Full Bath,4th Bedroom Description \ Upper Level,Active Adult 55+ Community \ No,Additional Room Type \ Laundry,Additional Room Type \ Mudroom,Additional Room Type \ Study,Appliances Included \ Dishwasher,Appliances Included \ Dryer,Appliances Included \ Freezer,Appliances Included \ Oven/Range,Appliances Included \ Stove Top,Appliances Included \ Subzero,Appliances Included \ Washer,Asbestos Information \ No Knowledge of Its Presence,Attic \ Floored,Attic \ Storage Space,Basement \ Concrete Floor,Basement \ Crawl Space,Cooling System Type \ Central Air,Deck Type Description \ Wrap Around,Dining Room Description \ Formal,Driveway Type \ Crushed Stone,Electrical \ Circuit Breaker,Energy Features \ Multi Zone Heat,Energy Features \ Thermo Pane Windows,Exterior Feature \ Balcony,Exterior Feature \ Garden Area,Exterior Feature \ Stone Wall,Exterior Feature \ Underground Utilities,Exterior Siding \ Brick,Family Rm/Den Description \ Book Shelves,Family Rm/Den Description \ Entertainment Center,Family Rm/Den Description \ Fireplace,Family Rm/Den Description \ First Level,Flooring \ Tile,Flooring \ Wood,Fuel Type \ Oil,Garage - Type Of \ Attached,Gated Community \ No,Heat Type \ Warm Air,Hot Water Source \ Electric,Interior Feature \ Coffered Ceilings,Interior Feature \ Crown Molding,Interior Feature \ Foyer,Interior Feature \ French Door,Kitchen Description \ Eating Space Kitchen,Kitchen Description \ Fireplace,Kitchen Description \ Island,Kitchen Description \ Pantry,Laundry Room Location \ Upper Level,Lot Description \ Level Topography,Lot Description \ Open,Lot Description \ Professionally Landscaped,Lot Description \ View,Master Bedroom Description \ Bedroom Suite,Master Bedroom Description \ Cathedral Ceiling,Master Bedroom Description \ Dressing Room,Master Bedroom Description \ Fireplace,Master Bedroom Description \ Full Bath,Mechanical Equipment \ Auto Garage Door Opener,Mechanical Equipment \ Generator,Mechanical Equipment \ House Wired for Multi-Line Phones,Mechanical Equipment \ Intercom,Mechanical Equipment \ Security System,Mechanical Equipment \ Sprinkler System,New Construction \ Yes,Oil Tank Desc \ Above Ground Tank,Porch Type \ Screened In,Property Type \ Residential,Radon Information \ No Knowledge of Its Presence,Sewage System \ Septic,Style \ Colonial,Water Source \ Private Well,Waterfront Description \ Access,Waterfront Description \ Beach,Waterfront Description \ Frontage,Waterfront Description \ Pond,Waterfront Description \ Sound,Waterfront Description \ View,Year Built Desc \ Historic,
- Appliances IncludedDishwasher, Dryer, Freezer, Garbage disposal, Range / Oven, Washer
- Room TypesDining room, Family room, Laundry room, Library, Master bath, Mud room, Office, Pantry, Sun room, Walk-in closet
- Covered Parking Spaces2
- Days on Zillow3371
- Elementary Schoolgoodwin
- Exterior MaterialBrick
- High SchoolOSHS
- Last Remodel Year2004
- LaundryIn Unit
- Middle SchoolOSMS
- Parcel #M:010 B:013 L:
- Roof TypeOther
- Room Count15
- # Stories3.0
- Structure TypeColonial
- Unit Floor #3
- Zillow Home ID57871712
|Value||Range||30-day change||$/sqft||Last updated|
|Zestimate What's this?|
|$25,525,209||$9.44M – $47.0M||-$18,263||$3,050||12/19/2013|
|Rent Zestimate What's this?|
|$2,987/mo||$1.7K – $4.5K/mo||-$1,128||$0.36||12/16/2013|
Zillow predicts 06475 home values will rise 2.5% next year, compared to a 2.1% increase for Old Saybrook as a whole. Among 06475 homes, this home is valued 7043.9% more than the midpoint (median) home, and is valued 1209% more per square foot.
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In the 06475 market, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold shrank 12% in the last year. The number of unsold foreclosures is 9.2% higher than in Old Saybrook, and 11.2% higher than the national average. This higher local number may prevent 06475 home values from rising as quickly as other regions in Old Saybrook.
Learn more about forecast calculations or 06475 home values.
Neighborhood for 10 Mohegan Avenue
- 2 Neponset Ave Old Saybrook, CT$1.93M44.12,803
- 5 Neponset Ave Old Saybrook, CT$2.86M52.53,102
- 7 Pettipaug Ave Old Saybrook, CT$3.45M64.13,958
- 20 Nibang Ave Old Saybrook, CT$10.8M56.05,174
- 29 Pettipaug Ave Old Saybrook, CT$3.99M55.04,281
- Pettipaug Ave Old Saybrook, CT--------
- 56 Willard Ave Old Saybrook, CT$455K22.01,153
- 27 Bridge St Old Saybrook, CT$319K32.01,400
- 9 Cove St Old Saybrook, CT$441K32.01,346
- 3 Wilson Ave Old Saybrook, CT$2.31M43.02,554
- 9 Fenwick St Old Saybrook, CT$369K32.01,561
- 22 Marina Dr Uncasville, CT$66K21.0840
- 20 Fenwick St Old Saybrook, CT$478K42.52,469
- 7 Marina Dr Uncasville, CT$18K21.0768
- 23 Willard Ave Old Saybrook, CT$435K32.01,666
- 22 Willard Ave Old Saybrook, CT$416K32.51,920
- 10 Park Ave Old Saybrook, CT$537K31.11,368
- 11 Park Ave Old Saybrook, CT$442K32.52,130
- 18 Willard Ave Old Saybrook, CT$304K41.21
- 31 Park Ave Old Saybrook, CT$410K32.01,581
Nearby Schools in Old Saybrook
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
GreatSchools ratings give an overview of a school's test results. The ratings are based on a comparison of test results for all schools in the state.
Disclaimer: School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Maponics and are subject to change. Check with the applicable school district prior to making a decision based on these boundaries.
Get a professional estimate
- Premier Agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at 866-324-4005