1134 Wakeling St, Philadelphia, PA 19124
Not for Sale
This home is not currently listed for sale or rent on Zillow.
This home is not currently listed for sale or rent on Zillow.
Rent Zestimate: $1,420/mo
- Bedrooms:4 beds
- Bathrooms:3 baths
- Single Family:2,508 sq ft
- Lot:8,712 sqft
- Year Built:1922
- Last Sold:Oct 2005 for $314,160
- Heating Type:Baseboard
If you have been searching for a spacious single-family home within Philadelphia at an affordable price, then look no further! This is a gracious 1920's stucco & brick Colonial located in a wonderful neighborhood called Northwood. There are beautiful hardwood floors (with inlaid borders) throughout the home, extensive crown moldings, chair rails, bay windows and all the original solid oak interior doors! This home boasts 3,000 square feet of living over three floors! There is also a detached 2-car garage with the original barrelled, terra-cotta roof tiles and carriage doors! Inside, you will find the 28' x 13' Living Room has a fantastic wood-burning fireplace (surrounded by beautiful Arts & Crafts tile!) & the 16' x 13' Dining Room that easily provides space to entertain at least a dozen of your closest friends! A large Family Room (22' x 11') is located off the Living Room, and has two outside exits to either the front flagstone porch or the rear yard with bbq area! The updated Kitchen offers solid cherry cabinets, granite counters, stainless steel appliances and a separate pantry area (with a cozy Powder Room tucked at the rear). A bright & cheerful Breakfast Room has 2 walls of windows to gaze out to the backyard! Upstairs, there are 4 huge bedrooms, including a walk-in closet in the Master Bedroom that is 10' x 10'. A multi-purpose room on the 3rd floor is perfect for a home office, craft room or just another space for you to use for your hobbies! There are also 2 full bathrooms upstairs. Finally, the entire home has a huge basement for storage, with ceilings that are high enough to provide the opportunity to finish off for additional space. Similar homes just 3 miles northwest in Cheltenham go for $550-600k ... so our price although high for the 19124 zip it truly is a great value when comparing to the 19012 zip!!!
 Please beware when using comps in this neighborhood! My suggestion is:
 - 1st calculate $/SF based on listing.
 - Then question the listing - most homes here have public records over 50yrs old.
 - Last consider condition of home Ã?Â¢?? many have not been touched in a generation.
 1034 Wakeling St is beautiful stone single that sold in 2009. But using it as a comp is troublesome: it was a complete fixer upper, the SF listing is higher than 3x the footprint which is simply not possible, and the 5th bedroom is really a large closet. My home have 5 real bedrooms and a big closet.
 5030 Oxford Ave is great property & the highest to ever sell in the 19124. But it doesn't have any more usable space inside or out. It has no useable yard & is on a busy busy street. Also it lists a low clg attic & 3 season roomm breezeway as usable SF.
 1135 Wakeling at first glance doesnÃ?Â¢??t seem like comp for my home. But in fact it was built by the same builder w/ the same materials in the same decade. Therefore although it is a twin & smaller - the $/SF rule works very very well as a comp for 1134 Wakeling.
When this community was established, there were strict deed restrictions placed on the land to ensure that there would NEVER be any commercial development within its boundaries. This has been upheld in court over 50 times in the last 100 years. So, when one enters Northwood, they leave the city behind, and discover a bit of suburban space in the heart of Philadelphia! Immediate neighbors within one block include many city employees such as: a few policemen, two teachers, and a sitting Judge. To be honest you couldn't be safer. And the streets are always plowed :)
- ParkingGarage - Attached, Garage - Detached
- Basement TypeUnfinished
- Floor CoveringHardwood
- Fenced Yard
- Security System
- Cable Ready
- Ceiling Fan
- Room TypesDining room, Family room, Laundry room, Master bath, Office, Pantry, Recreation room, Workshop, Walk-in closet
- Additional Featureslot is 75X118, 9 ft. ceilings, 2 Bay windows, 3 driveway parking spaces, Laundry in basement,Pantry
- Appliances IncludedDishwasher, Dryer, Garbage disposal, Microwave, Range / Oven, Refrigerator, Washer
- Elementary SchoolEdmonds
- Exterior MaterialBrick
- High SchoolFrankford
- Last Remodel Year2004
- LaundryIn Unit
- Lot Depth118
- Lot Width75
- Middle SchoolNorthwood Charter
- Neighborhood NameNorthwood
- Parcel #234153000
- Roof TypeOther
- Room Count11
- School DistrictPhiladelphia
- # Stories2.0
- Structure TypeColonial
- Unit Count1
- Zillow Home ID10290947
- Covered Parking Spaces2
|Value||Range||30-day change||$/sqft||Last updated|
|Zestimate What's this?|
|$205,029||$178K – $232K||-$2,213||$81||03/11/2014|
|Rent Zestimate What's this?|
|$1,420/mo||$895 – $2.1K/mo||-$5||$0.57||03/10/2014|
Zillow predicts Frankford home values will fall 1.9% next year, compared to a 2.2% increase for Philadelphia as a whole. Among Frankford homes, this home is valued 232.8% more than the midpoint (median) home, and is valued 62% more per square foot.
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In the Frankford market, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold decreased 34.5% in the last year. The number of unsold foreclosures is 46.3% higher than in Philadelphia, and 75% greater than the national average. This higher local number may prevent Frankford home values from rising as quickly as other regions in Philadelphia.
Learn more about forecast calculations or Frankford home values.
Neighborhood for 1134 Wakeling Street
- 1128 Wakeling St Philadelphia, PA$179K41.02,358
- 1138 Wakeling St Philadelphia, PA$151K41.01,800
- 1126 Wakeling St Philadelphia, PA$179K41.02,358
- 1140 Wakeling St Philadelphia, PA$140K----1,800
- 1137 Allengrove St Philadelphia, PA$179K41.01,840
- 1141 Allengrove St Philadelphia, PA$178K41.01,840
- 1135 Allengrove St Philadelphia, PA$172K41.51,840
- 1122 Wakeling St Philadelphia, PA$177K41.02,358
- 1143 Allengrove St Philadelphia, PA$177K42.01,920
- 1131 Allengrove St Philadelphia, PA$166K41.01,760
- 1120 Wakeling St Philadelphia, PA$176K41.02,358
- 1129 Allengrove St Philadelphia, PA$163K41.01,760
- 1135 Wakeling St Philadelphia, PA$164K41.01,568
- 1137 Wakeling St Philadelphia, PA$172K41.01,523
- 1129 Wakeling St Philadelphia, PA$123K41.51,280
- 1125 Allengrove St Philadelphia, PA$166K41.51,760
- 1127 Wakeling St Philadelphia, PA$120K31.51,280
- 1139-1141 Wakeling St Philadelphia, PA$269K----3,112
- Wakeling St Philadelphia, PA$144K41.01,512
- 1201 Allengrove St Philadelphia, PA$161K42.01,608
Nearby Schools in Philadelphia
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
Get a professional estimate
- Premier Agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at 866-324-4005