This home is not currently listed for sale or rent on Zillow.
A Zestimate® home valuation is Zillow's estimated market value. It is not an appraisal. Use it as a starting point to determine a home's value. Learn more
Where's the Zestimate?
County transactional data for this home is insufficient so we cannot calculate a Zestimate. We are adding data all the time, so be sure to come back.
Many upgrades done since 2008.
Liberty Hill Farm and property is your dream come true if you like 18th century, built with quality construction and updates over the years with modern amenities. This historic beauty comes complete with original heart pine flooring, genuine wide board solid wood wall panels, five working fireplaces (one set up for hearth cooking!!) gorgeous mantels, chair rail, solid wood doors with original hardware (including locks), very solid, level floors (some with huge hand-hewn beams supporting them), high ceilings and large rooms. This home has been well maintained and is in move-in condition. Live your dream in a home which boasts a bright, cheery interior, up-to-date insulation, easy to heat with an efficient 4 zone modern heating system of exceptional quality. The taxes are low yet the schools are great!
There is plenty of room for guests or extended family with 3,400 square feet of living space, 5 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Living Room/Library (with built-ins), Great Room, Formal Dining Room, Bonus Room and large Utility Room in the Walk-out Basement.
Add to this a beautiful log addition with a stone fireplace, updated kitchen with lots of counter space and cupboards, country pantry, breakfast bar which opens to the log addition, French doors, and freshly painted exterior.
Enjoy outdoor living in your choice of any number of comfortable spaces including the deck, terrace, original brick porch facing the mountains. Or get cozy with your favorite book in the sunroom.
Organic Herb and Flower Gardens with many perennials throughout the property including assorted Flowering Bushes and Trees, English Boxwoods, Holly, Roses, etc.
The magnificent views of the Peaks of Otter are seen from almost every room in the house and are ever changing with the season of year and time of day. Sunsets are truly amazing!!
For the farmer there is plenty of water on the property including 3 creeks, 2 springs and 3 wells!! The pasture and wooded area have new fencing for cattle or horses. The wooded area includes a walnut grove. The out buildings include a barn, chicken coop (which is part of a larger pole barn) and 2-car garage.
Privacy galore yet only 5 miles to shopping in the town of Bedford, 20 minutes to more shopping in Forest, 25 minutes to Liberty University and Lynchburg, 10 minutes to the Blue Ridge Parkway, 30 minutes to huge Smith Mountain Lake and Roanoke and just 1-1/2 hours to Charlottesville.
Said to be the oldest house in Bedford County (at least) and built by 2nd Lieutenant Henry Jeter of the Virginia Revolutionary Army, there are endless possibilities: Bed and Breakfast, Hobby Farm, Equestrian Farm, Cattle Farm, Herb/Vegetable Farm, Vineyard, and Wedding Venue. Also great for Homeschooling or Extended Family. Take your pick!!
This is a VERY RARE FIND at a reasonable price!! Very Beautiful, Comfortable and Antique!! Must see to appreciate!! Country living at its best!! A Historic House in New-House Condition!!
This property is a STEAL at $449,900!!!
*** Additional acreage available with approved building site ***
Realtors: 3% if you bring the buyer. And you work ONLY for the buyer.
- Lot: 21.37 acres
- Single Family
- Built in 1785
- Views: 5,069 all time views
- Cooling: Other
- Heating: Baseboard, Other
- Last sold: Feb 2008 for $406,000
- Ceiling Fan
- Double Pane/Storm Windows
- Fenced Yard
- Flooring: Carpet, Hardwood, Linoleum / Vinyl
- Parking: Garage - Detached, Off street, 2 spaces
- Partial basement
- Vaulted Ceiling
- View: Mountain
- Appliances \ Clothes Dryer, Appliances \ Clothes Washer, Appliances \ Cook Top, Appliances \ Dishwasher, Appliances \ Freezer, Appliances \ Oven, Appliances \ Range, Appliances \ Refrigerator, Basement \ Full Basement, Basement Y/N \ Yes, Construction \ Other - See Remarks, Construction \ Wood, Energy Features \ Fireplace Insert, Exterior Doors \ French, Exterior Features \ Barn, Exterior Features \ Covered Porch, Exterior Features \ Deck, Exterior Features \ Garden Space, Exterior Features \ Patio, Fireplace \ Dining Room, Fireplace \ Family Room, Fireplace \ Living Room, Floors \ Carpet, Floors \ Vinyl, Floors \ Wood, Heating \ Baseboard Oil, Heating \ Zoned Heat, Interior Features \ Book Shelves, Interior Features \ Breakfast Area, Interior Features \ Cathedral Ceiling, Interior Features \ Ceiling Fan, Interior Features \ Fireplace Screen, Lot Description \ Cleared, Lot Description \ Gentle Slope, Major Area \ 06 - Bedford County, Manufactured ? \ No HUD Tag, Misc Features \ Horses Permitted, Misc Features \ Paved Road, Misc Features \ Stream, Municipality \ Bedford County, Porch \ Front Porch, Residential Type \ Detached, Sewer Description \ Private Septic - 3BR, State/Province \ VA, Style \ 2 Story, Views \ Mountain, Views \ Sunset, Water Class \ N/A, Water Description \ Private Well, Water Heater Energy \ Electric, Water Heater Type \ Tank, Windows \ Insulated, Windows \ Screen, Windows \ Storm
- Range / Oven
- Dining room
- Family room
- Master bath
- Mud room
- Solarium / Atrium
- Walk-in closet
- Roof type: Other
- Room count: 10
- Stories: 2
- Structure type: Other
- Floor size: 3,623 sqft
- Heating: Oil, Wood / pellet
- Last remodel year: 1993
- Laundry: In Unit
- Zillow Home ID: 2146392769
Popularity on Zillow
Homes like this sold for $160K.
Market guideZillow predicts Virginia home values will fall 0.4% next year.
Learn more about forecast calculations.
|1470 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA||$150K||--||--||1,134|
|1450 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA||$128K||--||--||--|
|Lizard Ridge Rd LOT 4 Bedford, VA||--||--||--||--|
|1620 Blount Rd Bedford, VA||$120K||--||--||--|
|1516 Blount Rd Bedford, VA||$366K||--||--||--|
|4811 Big Island Hwy Bedford, VA||--||--||--||--|
|0 Blount Rd Bedford, VA||--||Studio||--||--|
|1028 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA||$122K||--||--||988|
|1241 Blount Rd Bedford, VA||$146K||--||--||1,411|
|1882 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA||$296K||4||3||3,816|
|1666 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA||$134K||--||--||--|
|1250 Crosscreek Rd Bedford, VA||$146K||--||--||--|
|4940 Big Island Hwy Bedford, VA||$192K||--||--||2,380|
|5381 Big Island Hwy Bedford, VA||$137K||--||--||--|
|1180 Blount Rd Bedford, VA||$151K||--||--||1,400|
|2047 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA||$147K||--||--||--|
|1394 Angus Hill Ln Bedford, VA||$183K||--||--||2,052|
|4773 Big Island Hwy Bedford, VA||$127K||--||--||1,250|
|2120 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA||$150K||--||--||--|
|1303 Angus Hill Ln Bedford, VA||$183K||--||--||1,857|
Nearby Schools in Bedford
GreatSchools ratings give an overview of a school's test results. The ratings are based on a comparison of test results for all schools in the state.
Disclaimer: School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Maponics and are subject to change. Check with the applicable school district prior to making a decision based on these boundaries.
Data by GreatSchools.org
Find out how much house you can afford and get pre-approved for a mortgage in minutes.
- Fast & easy
- Top-notch lenders
- Safe & secure
A Lender can assist you with pre-approval process and answer any question you have.
A Lender will also be calling you back to assist with pre-approval.
Thanks for using Zillow!
We'll send you an email with a link to get pre-approved on Zillow or you can get started by clicking below.
We weren't able to process your pre-approval request. Please go to Zillow Mortgage Marketplace directly by clicking below.