1397 Lizard Ridge Rd, Bedford, VA 245235 beds, 3 baths, 3,400 sqft
Estimated Monthly Payment
Please enter a dollar amount between $0 and $200,000,000
Please enter a percent between 0% and 100%
***NOTICE: The Zestimate on this historic property is WAY OFF!!! Three realtors (including an appraiser) gave us values in line with our asking price.***
Many upgrades done since 2008.
Step back in time to when 3-cornered hats and horse drawn carriages were the norm. This home is steeped in history. Built by 2nd Lieutenant Henry Jeter of the Virginia Revolutionary Army, this BEAUTIFULLY RESTORED and well maintained circa 1775 home on 21.37 acres (with option to purchase adjoining 3 acre building lot), features 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 6 fireplaces, plus an updated kitchen just off the log addition (which includes a 20 X 25 great room w/stone FP and exposed beams). This gorgeous home also features the original formal dining room and living room (each with its own working brick FP, including a cook FP in DR). The enclosed porch offers a quiet retreat for morning devotions or just relaxing. This home also includes a back deck and covered porch with fabulous views of the Peaks of Otter. The property is fenced for cattle and includes a strong creek and spring. There is also a garage, bi-level barn/workshop w/run-in shelter, and chicken coop w/additional covered area. If that's not enough, there is also a play area for the kids!! GREAT LOCATION!! Close to Lynchburg, Roanoke, Blue Ridge Parkway and Peaks of Otter.
Recent improvements include 200 amp service, new septic system, newer well pump and pressure tank.
Other features of the home include 4 zone oil forced hot water heat, full partially finished basement w/FP & wood stove, metal roof, mature trees, boxwoods and other plantings, electricity to garage and chicken coop. Organic herb garden. Low taxes and utility costs. House has been insulated. Plenty of storage space. Two "extra" wells on the property. The three acre building lot has approved 3 bedroom septic plan, plenty of road frontage and its own gorgeous mountain views.
This property is great for extended family, blended family, or homeschool family. It is essentially 2 houses in one. Also, great for farmland, orchard or vineyard.
Last of all, there is a small family cemetery where 2nd Lt Jeter and some of his family members are laid to rest, and where the Daughters of the American Revolution have placed a marker.
This is an "old house" in "new house" condition. Country living, yet only 5 miles to town of Bedford. Must see to appreciate!!
Note to Realtors: 4 per cent commission possible.
Rural community. House located 1/3 mile off Rte 122. Ten minutes to the city of Bedford, yet far enough away to get the country feel. The house is situated in about the center of the property for maximum privacy.
- Lot: 21.3 acres
- Single Family
- Built in 1775
- 229 days on Zillow
- Cooling: Other
- Heating: Baseboard, Stove
- Last sold: Feb 2008 for $406,000
- Price/sqft: $137
- Ceiling Fan
- Double Pane/Storm Windows
- Fenced Yard
- Flooring: Carpet, Hardwood, Linoleum / Vinyl
- Parking: Garage - Detached, Off street
- Partial basement
- Vaulted Ceiling
- View: Mountain
- 18th Century, Historic, Streams, Springs, Log
- Range / Oven
- Dining room
- Family room
- Master bath
- Mud room
- Solarium / Atrium
- Walk-in closet
- Exterior material: Wood
- Roof type: Metal
- Room count: 10
- # Stories: 2.0
- Structure type: Other
- Floor size: 3,400 sqft
- Heating: Oil, Wood / pellet
- Laundry: In Unit
- Zillow Home ID: 2146392769
- A Rent Zestimate is Zillow's estimated monthly rental price, computed using a proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining the monthly rental price for a specific property. Learn more
The Rent Range is the high and low estimate for which an apartment or home could rent. The more information we have, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Rent Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Neighborhood for 1397 Lizard Ridge Road
Learn more about forecast calculations.
- 1470 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA$169K----1,134
- 1450 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA$224K----1,475
- 0-LOT 4 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA--Studio----
- 1620 Blount Rd Bedford, VA$85K------
- 1516 Blount Rd Bedford, VA$640K------
- 4811 Big Island Hwy Bedford, VA--------
- 0 Blount Rd Bedford, VA--Studio----
- 1028 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA$140K----988
- 1241 Blount Rd Bedford, VA$135K----1,411
- 1882 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA$276K42.52,500
- 1250 Crosscreek Rd Bedford, VA$105K------
- 1666 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA$101K------
- 4940 Big Island Hwy Bedford, VA$363K----2,380
- 5381 Big Island Hwy Bedford, VA$91K------
- 1180 Blount Rd Bedford, VA$149K----1,400
- 2047 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA$116K------
- 1394 Angus Hill Ln Bedford, VA$180K----2,052
- 4773 Big Island Hwy Bedford, VA$107K----1,250
- 2120 Lizard Ridge Rd Bedford, VA$113K------
- 1303 Angus Hill Ln Bedford, VA$308K----1,857
Nearby Schools in Bedford
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
GreatSchools ratings give an overview of a school's test results. The ratings are based on a comparison of test results for all schools in the state.
Disclaimer: School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Maponics and are subject to change. Check with the applicable school district prior to making a decision based on these boundaries.