1524 Roosevelt Ave, Ames, IA 50010
Sold on 11/12/13: $228,000
Estimated Monthly Payment
Please enter a dollar amount above $0
Please enter a percent between 0% and 100%
- Bedrooms:3 beds
- Bathrooms:2 baths
- Single Family:2,293 sq ft
- Lot:10,800 sqft
- Year Built:1953
- Last Sold:Nov 2013 for $228,000
- Heating Type:Forced air, Other
Location of this property is excellent. It is 8-9 blocks from the Fellows Elementary and Ames High. Schools are within walking distance with no major streets to cross. The North Grand Mall and the Aquatic Center are approximately 10 blocks away. A CyRide bus stop is less than 300 feet away at the corner of 16th and Roosevelt. This house is centrally located in Ames, close to the Iowa Department of Transportation, Iowa State University campus, and other large employers. This home is sizeable enough for most families and has room in the dry basement for a woodworking shop (previous use), man cave, game room, craft or family room. Lots of options and space!
New roof in 2013 $10,000
Anderson double-hung and casement windows
Steel garage door
Fenced-in back yard
Landscaping and flower boxes
18' x 12' cedar deck
12' x 6' cedar deck
Three large bedrooms consisting of an 18' x 16' master bedroom with vaulted ceiling and arched window. The remaining two bedrooms are sizeable at 15' x 11' , 13' x 11'.
The kitchen has quartz (granite) countertop with stainless steel sink ($4,000) and a main floor laundry. Tile floors in kitchen, laundry room, bathroom, and toilet room.
Stainless steel appliances -- stove, refrigerator, dishwasher -- all are fairly new. The kitchen is 21' x 11'. It is spacious with lots of cupboards and has an eat-in kitchen area.
Can lighting throughout the house with a chandelier in dining room.
The dining room is 18' x 12' and nice for family gatherings.
The large living room has a fireplace, bow window, oak crown/baseboard, and surround sound. Living room has multispec paint and rounded corner bead moldings. Wow! Come take a look!
NO wall paper in this house.
Master bathroom is 11' x 11' with one piece fiberglass shower, closet, vanity, and toilet room.
Second bathroom - 9' x 5' with quartz vanity top, one piece fiberglass shower, and tile floor.
Office or sun room is 18' x 11'6".
Raised panel red oak doors ($7200) and lots of nice woodwork!
Beam central vacuum, rugmaster powerhead with hose and attachments.
A new high efficiency Goodman (Amana) furnace ($2500) was installed in October of 2011.
Two 50 gallon power vent water heaters -- hot water all the time, no hot or cold flashes.
This home has been extensively remodeled and does not look like 1953 whether you are inside or out. We have tried to keep the home in good repair and it shows. It is above average in quality, location, and value. Compare this home at $104 per sq. ft. to other homes that you have looked at.
This neighborhood is quiet and in close proximity to Ames High, Fellows Elementary, the aquatic center, bus stops, North Grand Mall, Iowa State University, and a number of businesses/employers.
- ParkingGarage - Attached
- Basement TypeUnfinished
- Floor CoveringCarpet, Hardwood, Tile
- Vaulted Ceiling
- Cable Ready
- Ceiling Fan
- Double Pane/Storm Windows
- Fenced Yard
- Room TypesDining room, Family room, Laundry room, Mud room, Workshop, Sun room
- Appliances IncludedDishwasher, Garbage disposal, Range / Oven, Refrigerator, Washer
- Parcel #05-34-478-270
- Roof TypeOther
- Room Count10
- School DistrictAmes
- # Stories1.0
- Structure TypeOther
- Zillow Home ID93955600
- Days on Zillow154
- Exterior MaterialMetal
- Last Remodel Year1997
- LaundryIn Unit
- A Zestimate home valuation is Zillow's estimated market value. It is not an appraisal. Use it as a starting point to determine a home's value. Learn more
The Value Range is the high and low estimate market value for which Zillow values a home. The more information, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Don't agree with your home's Zestimate? Owners can edit their home facts to make the Zestimate more accurate. Plus, you can leave an opinion on your Zestimate value below. Just click "Owner Estimate".
- A Rent Zestimate is Zillow's estimated monthly rental price, computed using a proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining the monthly rental price for a specific property. Learn more
The Rent Range is the high and low estimate for which an apartment or home could rent. The more information we have, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Rent Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Neighborhood for 1524 Roosevelt Avenue
Learn more about forecast calculations.
- 1530 Roosevelt Ave Ames, IA$195K------
- 1516 Roosevelt Ave Ames, IA$174K------
- 1519 Harding Ave Ames, IA$172K------
- 1536 Roosevelt Ave Ames, IA$147K------
- 1510 Roosevelt Ave Ames, IA$165K------
- 1525 Harding Ave Ames, IA$140K------
- 1513 Harding Ave Ames, IA$177K------
- 1523 Roosevelt Ave Ames, IA$179K------
- 1531 Harding Ave Ames, IA$156K------
- 1531 Roosevelt Ave Ames, IA$147K------
- 1507 Harding Ave Ames, IA$179K------
- 1504 Roosevelt Ave Ames, IA$157K------
- 1537 Roosevelt Ave Ames, IA$156K------
- 1511 Roosevelt Ave Ames, IA$142K------
- 809 16th St Ames, IA$178K------
- 1428 Roosevelt Ave Ames, IA$150K------
- 811 16th St Ames, IA$153K------
- 1505 Roosevelt Ave Ames, IA$149K------
- 807 16th St Ames, IA$134K------
- 1431 Harding Ave Ames, IA$152K------
Nearby Schools in Ames
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
GreatSchools ratings give an overview of a school's test results. The ratings are based on a comparison of test results for all schools in the state.
Disclaimer: School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Maponics and are subject to change. Check with the applicable school district prior to making a decision based on these boundaries.
Get a professional estimate
- About these agents
- These listing agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at (855) 840-3292