16 Park Ave, Venice, CA 902913 beds, 3 baths, 2,825 sqft
Estimated Monthly Payment
Please enter a dollar amount between $0 and $200,000,000
Please enter a percent between 0% and 100%
We are about to view a very unique, very special and really extraordinary Venice beach house ... located on one of Venice's most attractive walk streets ... just one building to the sand and 3 short blocks to Venice's finest restaurants and shops on Abbot Kinney Boulevard.
A thoughtful blend of the old and the new, this romantic home was built at the beginning of Venice history in1906 by Abbot Kinney for his son, Thornton. The home was constructed at the time when Abbot Kinney?s "Venice of America" was evolving from just a vision into a world famous destination.
In 2006, the home was completely renovated and a new wing, designed by Venice Architect Michael Hricak, was added. Original historic features and moldings were preserved and meticulously continued in the addition.
The beautiful light-filled 425 square foot living room is both timeless and elegant. The focal point is original inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove. The original butler's pantry was preserved in the design of the all-new gourmet kitchen.
The flow of the house is magnificent. The outside spaces blend seamlessly with the interior spaces. High walls afford a privacy not often found this close to the sand. This is an ideal home for entertaining ... yet cozy for just the family. Privacy
The second level contrasts the old with the new. The new wing houses the dramatic master suite that soars 3 stories high to the spectacular roof terrace. Here you will find a stunning bathroom with an English claw foot tub, a private balcony and a loft overlooking the sleeping area. The original bedroom area includes a private guest suite with spacious bedroom, cozy TV/reading nook, new bathroom, an office (very small bedroom) and a hall of closets. Plus there is a third bedroom
The oversized lot is almost 5000 s/f with parking for seven cars (3 in the garage, 4 outside). One of the garages is used as an art studio. There are previously permitted architectural plans for a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath second unit over a four-car garage and a lap pool.
This is truly a one-of-a kind opportunity for the buyer in search of a meticulously maintained estate at the beach in Venice, California.
- Lot: 4,809 sqft
- Single Family
- Built in 1906
- Cooling: Other
- Heating: Forced air
- Last sold: Mar 2014 for $2,800,000
- Price/sqft: $991
- Ceiling Fan
- Double Pane/Storm Windows
- Fenced Yard
- Flooring: Concrete, Hardwood
- Parking: Garage - Detached, Off street, 3 spaces
- Vaulted Ceiling
- View: Water
- 3-car garage+4 addl parking, huge lot, plans for a detached 3+2.5 second unit & lap pool
- Garbage disposal
- Range / Oven
- Breakfast nook
- Dining room
- Family room
- Master bath
- Sun room
- Walk-in closet
- Exterior material: Stucco, Wood
- Roof type: Composition
- Room count: 12
- # Stories: 3.0
- Structure type: Craftsman
- Unit count: 2
- Floor size: 2,825 sqft
- Heating: Gas
- Last remodel year: 1914
- Laundry: In Unit
- Parcel #: 4286025001
- Zillow Home ID: 20482259
- A Zestimate home valuation is Zillow's estimated market value. It is not an appraisal. Use it as a starting point to determine a home's value. Learn more
The Value Range is the high and low estimate market value for which Zillow values a home. The more information, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Don't agree with your home's Zestimate? Owners can edit their home facts to make the Zestimate more accurate. Plus, you can leave an opinion on your Zestimate value below. Just click "Owner Estimate".
- A Rent Zestimate is Zillow's estimated monthly rental price, computed using a proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining the monthly rental price for a specific property. Learn more
The Rent Range is the high and low estimate for which an apartment or home could rent. The more information we have, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Rent Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Neighborhood for 16 Park Avenue
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In Venice, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold is 41.6% lower than in Los Angeles, and 61% lower than the national average. This lower local number could help Venice home values rise more quickly than other regions in Los Angeles.
Learn more about forecast calculations or Venice home values.
- 4 beds, 2 baths
1,488 sqft, 2,613 sqft lot, built in 1959
- 4 beds, 2 baths
- 18 Park Ave # B Venice, CA$2.72M554,952
- 20 Park Ave Venice, CA$2.57M342,209
- 811 Ocean Front Walk Venice, CA$2.2M----1,651
- 28 Park Ave Venice, CA$1.36M221,120
- 15 Brooks Ave # A Venice, CA$1.39M231,900
- 15 Brooks Ave # B Venice, CA$1.27M231,896
- 21 Park Ave Venice, CA$1.99M32.53,512
- 25 Brooks Ave # 3 Venice, CA$1.43M221,844
- 25 Brooks Ave # 4 Venice, CA$1.94M231,844
- 30 Park Ave Venice, CA$1.65M321,314
- 25 Brooks Ave # 2 Venice, CA$1.42M221,844
- 25 Brooks Ave # 1 Venice, CA$2M12.51,836
- 25 Park Ave Venice, CA$2.14M632,536
- 11 Brooks Ave APT B Venice, CA$1.8M133,005
- 11 Brooks Ave APT C Venice, CA--2--2,945
- 11 Brooks Ave APT D Venice, CA$1.79M132,989
- 11 Brooks Ave APT A Venice, CA--132,801
- 29 Park Ave Venice, CA$1.74M311,446
- 29 Brooks Ave APT 2 Venice, CA--Studio1550
Nearby Schools in Los Angeles
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
Contact a local agent
- About these agents
- These listing agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at (855) 840-3292