1606 Cascade Ave, Dallas, TX 75224
Sold on 1/28/13:
- Bedrooms:2 beds
- Bathrooms:2 baths
- Single Family:1,434 sq ft
- Lot:9,300 sqft
- Year Built:1923
- Last Sold:Jan 2013
- Heating Type:Other
Other updates include a newer roof, exterior paint in September '06, 12" joists added to foundation, thermo windows on back of home and a newer heating/air-conditioning system.
Great home...great location...and a great price...this home is move-in ready. Don't miss it!
Elmwood is a picturesque North Oak Cliff neighborhood of charming homes and expansive parks. The community is located on gently rolling, tree-shaded hills above the limestone banks of Cedar Creek. This land was once the Tennessee Dairy Farm, and remnants of the farm still remain, including the former foreman?s house and portions of an old stone wall that divided the property.
Development of the Elmwood neighborhood began in 1924 and continued into the 1960s. A variety of architectural styles are represented in Elmwood, including Tudor cottages, craftsman bungalows, 1930s cottages and a variety of ranch style homes. There are nearly 1500 homes, making it one of the largest neighborhoods in Oak Cliff.
Elmwood Park is a focal point of the neighborhood, following Cedar Creek on the northern edge, and then running south along Elmwood Creek through the center of the neighborhood. The park has just received a new playground, and is a popular place for walking dogs and jogging. Each year the neighborhood holds a festival in the park, attracting all ages for community fun.
Elmwood also has a small business district in the center of the neighborhood, featuring a collection of unique small commercial buildings, professional offices, churches and a Masonic Hall. In 1988, this location was used for the filming of the Main Street sequences in the movie ?Born on the Fourth of July.?
Elmwood is a wonderfully diverse neighborhood, with a mix of seniors, young couples, families and professionals who choose the area for its charm, quality housing stock and park-like surroundings. With its graceful old trees and greenbelts, it?s easy to forget that Elmwood lies only minutes south of downtown Dallas. Convenient freeway access and two DART rail stations serving the neighborhood put all the amenities of the city within easy reach. Its excellent location, good neighbors and sense of community make Elmwood a wonderful place to call home.
- ParkingGarage - Detached
- Basement TypeUnknown
- Floor CoveringHardwood, Tile
- Double Pane/Storm Windows
- Fenced Yard
- Cable Ready
- Ceiling Fan
- Room TypesBreakfast nook, Dining room, Family room, Laundry room, Master bath, Sun room
- Appliances IncludedDishwasher, Garbage disposal, Range / Oven, Refrigerator
- Lot Depth150
- Lot Width62
- Middle SchoolBrowne
- Neighborhood NameElmwood
- Parcel #00000314275000000
- Roof TypeShake Single
- Room Count8
- School DistrictDallas
- # Stories1.0
- Structure TypeCraftsman
- Unit Count1
- Zillow Home ID26723909
- Elementary SchoolHenderson
- Exterior MaterialBrick
- Garage Size300
- High SchoolKimball
- Last Remodel Year2005
- Covered Parking Spaces1
- Days on Zillow413
|Value||Range||30-day change||$/sqft||Last updated|
|Zestimate What's this?||$170,784||$159K – $184K||+$3,781||$119||03/13/2014|
|Rent Zestimate What's this?||$1,290/mo||$748 – $2.6K/mo||+$95||$0.90||03/10/2014|
Zillow predicts Southwest Dallas home values will increase 7.7% next year, compared to a 5.5% increase for Dallas as a whole.
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In the Southwest Dallas market, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold fell 43.6% in the last year. The number of unsold foreclosures is 20.6% higher than in Dallas, and 129.8% greater than the national average. This higher local number may prevent Southwest Dallas home values from rising as quickly as other regions in Dallas.
Learn more about forecast calculations or Southwest Dallas home values.
Neighborhood for 1606 Cascade Avenue
- 1610 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$152K32.01,473
- 1602 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$140K31.01,366
- 1614 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$105K32.01,452
- 1218 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$143K21.01,476
- 1702 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$134K21.01,133
- 1214 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$109K32.01,308
- 1619 S Clinton Ave Dallas, TX$161K32.01,563
- 1623 S Clinton Ave Dallas, TX$106K22.01,082
- 1210 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$166K31.01,386
- 1615 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$133K21.01,053
- 1706 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$134K21.01,252
- 1611 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$142K21.01,197
- 1627 S Clinton Ave Dallas, TX$138K31.51,317
- 1615 S Clinton Ave Dallas, TX$136K21.01,197
- 1607 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$173K32.01,644
- 1703 S Clinton Ave Dallas, TX$136K21.01,163
- 1231 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$160K32.01,388
- 1206 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$163K32.01,574
- 1714 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$150K31.01,494
- 1227 Cascade Ave Dallas, TX$131K21.01,022
Nearby Schools in Dallas
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
Get a professional estimate
- About these agents
- These listing agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at 866-324-4005