1923 School House Road, Jamaica, VT 05343
By Owner: $186,000
Estimated Monthly Payment
Please enter a dollar amount above $0
Please enter a percent between 0% and 100%
The land has an extensive mixed hardwood stand of red oak, sugar maple and beech second growth timber which is well over 100 years old. This irreplaceable niche of Vermont is protected in perpetuity by a "FOREVER WILD" conservation easement through the Vermont Land Trust.
A five acre portion of the property has been designated as a development zone in the conservation easement. On this parcel is a 24' x 36' two-story log house with a cement block full basement. The log house is made of spruce logs with saddle notched corners and sealed with 1"x3" wood splines set in grooves between the logs. The log house has propane powered refrigerators, a six-burner stove and a hot water system. Electricity is provided by a gasoline generator. The outhouses and grey-water seepage pit are grand-fathered. Since 1968, the Sage Hill Camp cabin has been permitted to accommodate up to 20 guests. It is not winterized.
There is also a one acre parcel designated as a development zone above the log house, on top of a hill with a view to the south. This one acre parcel has a 450' deep drilled well powered by an electric generator.
Both the five acre and one acre parcels may be further developed.
The property is located on School House Road, a Jamaica town road, on the Wardsboro town line. The last mile or so of School House Road is only accessible by foot or all-terrain vehicle.
Sage Hill Camp will consider owner-financing. Ideally, Sage Hill Camp will be passed to an environmentally concerned individual or a not-for-profit organization for use as a summer camp, retreat or nature preserve.
Sage Hill Camp is asking $150,000 for this opportunity.
You can view the location and proximity of Sage Hill Camp in Google Maps by searching for the coordinates 43.053736, -72.816849.
- Days on Zillow312
- Basement TypeUnfinished
- Floor CoveringUnknown
- Appliances IncludedRange / Oven, Refrigerator
- Exterior MaterialWood
- Roof TypeMetal
- Room Count4
- # Stories2.0
- Structure TypeOther
- ViewMountain, Territorial
- Zillow Home ID2112285557
- A Zestimate home valuation is Zillow's estimated market value. It is not an appraisal. Use it as a starting point to determine a home's value. Learn more
The Value Range is the high and low estimate market value for which Zillow values a home. The more information, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Don't agree with your home's Zestimate? Owners can edit their home facts to make the Zestimate more accurate. Plus, you can leave an opinion on your Zestimate value below. Just click "Owner Estimate".
Neighborhood for 1923 School House Road
- Hemlock Hill Rd Wardsboro, VT--Studio----
- K-11 Silver Ln Wardsboro, VT--Studio----
- 465 Hemlock Hill Rd Wardsboro, VT$166K22.01,750
- 138 Oak Hill Rd Shaftsbury, VT$362K------
- 56 Oak Hill Rd Guilford, VT$304K------
- 86 Wardsboro, VT$230K------
- 157 Oak Hill Rd Shaftsbury, VT$347K33.02,704
- 157 Oak Hill Rd Shaftsbury, VT$306K33.02,704
- 38 White Birch Ln Manchester Center, VT$427K------
- 356 Fornuto Rd Wardsboro, VT$443K------
- 240 Melbourne Rd Wardsboro, VT$309K------
- West Wardsboro, VT$210K------
- 217 White Birch Ln Manchester Center, VT$422K------
- 116 Maple Dr Jacksonville, VT$279K------
- 251 White Birch Ln Manchester Center, VT$386K------
- 266 Oak Hill Rd Shaftsbury, VT$275K41.53,004
- 266 Oak Hill Rd Shaftsbury, VT$255K42.53,004
- 265 Wardsboro, VT$136K------
- 272 Oak Hill Rd Shaftsbury, VT$413K------
- 284 White Birch Ln Manchester Center, VT$424K------