20 Sheldon St, Providence, RI 029064 beds, 3.5 baths, 3,111 sqft
Estimated Monthly Payment
Please enter a dollar amount between $0 and $200,000,000
Please enter a percent between 0% and 100%
This home is not currently listed for sale or rent on Zillow.
The historic Wilkenson-Pike House (1825), exhibited on the Providence Preservation Society tour, is a large single-family home but is zoned two-family and has been, in recent history, used both ways.
This beautiful townhouse is four doors off historic Benefit Street. It features fine details of Federal architecture, with high ceilings, red oak, wide pine and spruce floors, modern high-end kitchen and baths, a garage, and a large yard secluded within a stockade fence.
20 Sheldon Street is the fourth house off Benefit Street and is in the heart of the Historic District.
Brown University, Rhode Island School of Design, Rhode Island Hospital, the Rhode Island Historical Society and major corporations downtown are all walking distance.
The house is one block from the restaurants and antique shops of Wickenden Street and two blocks from those on South Main Street. Ives Street, off Wickenden, is sporting four new restaurants.
East Side Market and two Whole Food Markets are a short drive away, as is in-town shopping at Wayland Square and Thayer Street. Providence Place Mall is a five-minute drive.
The Vartan Gregorian Elementary School (public) and the French American School of RI are close by. Walking distance or a short drive away are four more pre-schools and three excellent private primary/secondary schools ? Wheeler, Lincoln and Moses Brown.
For recreation, walk to India Point Park for sunsets over the bay, the Community Boating Center for sailing lessons, Waterfire on the Providence River, Brassil Children?s Park, or a southbound bike path that starts at the Point Street Bridge. Another bike path is being planned to go north from India Point Park. A new boat launching ramp on the Seekonk River, a quarter mile away, is scheduled to open in the Spring on Gano Street, next to the Little League Field and near one of the dog parks, south of the community garden. The best recreation may simply be walking the streets and lanes of the Historic District.
The Athenium, a private library, and the RISD Museum, are both walking distance along Benefit Street. Another museum is in the planning stages at the Benefit Street Armory. Brown University libraries may be open to you, depending on your academic status or research needs.
Opposite a Literary Landmark
20 Sheldon is diagonally opposite 15 Sheldon. For details, www.20Sheldon.com
- Lot: 4,339 sqft
- Multi Family
- Built in 1825
- Heating: Baseboard
- Last sold: Nov 2008 for $339,900
- Cable Ready
- Double Pane/Storm Windows
- Fenced Yard
- Flooring: Hardwood, Softwood, Tile
- Parking: Garage - Detached, On street, 1 space
- Partial basement
- Vaulted Ceiling
- View: City
- eat-in kitchen with granite countertops and island, brick-floored family room, wide pine flloors,
- Garbage disposal
- Range / Oven
- Dining room
- Family room
- Recreation room
- Exterior material: Wood
- Roof type: Composition
- Room count: 12
- # Stories: 3.0
- Structure type: Colonial
- Unit count: 1
- Floor size: 3,111 sqft
- Heating: Gas
- Last remodel year: 2013
- Laundry: In Unit
- Parcel #: P:0160413 L:0000
- Zillow Home ID: 66019254
- A Zestimate home valuation is Zillow's estimated market value. It is not an appraisal. Use it as a starting point to determine a home's value. Learn more
The Value Range is the high and low estimate market value for which Zillow values a home. The more information, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Don't agree with your home's Zestimate? Owners can edit their home facts to make the Zestimate more accurate. Plus, you can leave an opinion on your Zestimate value below. Just click "Owner Estimate".
- A Rent Zestimate is Zillow's estimated monthly rental price, computed using a proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining the monthly rental price for a specific property. Learn more
The Rent Range is the high and low estimate for which an apartment or home could rent. The more information we have, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Rent Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Neighborhood for 20 Sheldon Street
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In Fox Point, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold is 92.3% less than in Providence, and 82.9% lower than the national average. This lower local number could help Fox Point home values rise more quickly than other regions in Providence.
Learn more about forecast calculations or Fox Point home values.
- 14 Sheldon St Providence, RI$558K------
- 24 Sheldon St Providence, RI$443K432,082
- 21 Sheldon St Providence, RI$534K41.52,116
- 23 Sheldon St UNIT 1 Providence, RI$232K21.5864
- 95 Transit St Providence, RI$537K63.52,318
- 97 Transit St Providence, RI$637K63--
- 97 Transit St Providence, RI$589K53.52,872
- 30 Sheldon St Providence, RI$486K21.52,400
- 15 Sheldon St Providence, RI$511K442,620
- 12 Sheldon St Providence, RI$400K323,025
- 91 Transit St Providence, RI$578K93.52,576
- 101 Transit St Providence, RI$793K453,106
- 31 Sheldon St Providence, RI$361K221,470
- 23 Sheldon St Providence, RI$735K------
- 23 Sheldon St UNIT 2 Providence, RI$405K33.51,710
- 87 Transit St Providence, RI$478K432,447
- 36 Sheldon St Providence, RI$422K42.52,169
- 29 Sheldon St Providence, RI$406K31.51,898
- 90 Transit St Providence, RI--------
- 9 Sheldon St Providence, RI$466K933,432
Nearby Schools in Providence
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
Get a professional estimate
- About these agents
- These listing agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at (855) 840-3292