- Map View
- Bird's Eye
- Street View
2223 E Howe St, Seattle, WA 981125 beds, 2.5 baths, 3,750 sqft
Estimated Monthly Payment
Please enter a dollar amount between $0 and $200,000,000
Please enter a percent between 0% and 100%
A Zestimate® home valuation is Zillow's estimated market value. It is not an appraisal. Use it as a starting point to determine a home's value. Learn more
Apparently built and occupied by then-owner of Simpson Timber, who used very good wood. (Basement originally held full private barroom, which I suspect dated back to Prohibition!)
There has been no smoking inside the house for at least 47 years. Freshly painted, freshly carpeted, freshly cleaned, with virtually every problem we could spot attended to, this is close to a turn-key home.
Montlake is a quiet residential neighborhood south of the University of Washington, nestled between parks (Interlaken Park, Montlake Playfield, Washington Park Arboretum) and water (Portage Bay, Montlake Cut, Lake Washington). It consists mostly of good-quality, single-family homes with lawns or gardens. A small business district features a bike shop, a restaurant, a pub, a public library, a really nice convenience store/deli, a dry cleaner, and a coffee shop. Other nonresidential occupants include Montlake Elementary School -- consistently ranked among the city's best -- the Museum of History and Industry, a quite decent medium-size grocery store/deli, a gas station/garage, and St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church, which hosts a popular festival each summer.
For football fans, Husky Stadium is just north of the Montlake Bridge, within easy walking distance for most people. As for nature, few people in Montlake are more than a few blocks from a park or body of water.
No major grocery store is within reasonable walking distance, but two Trader Joes, three Safeways, three QFCs, and one Whole Foods. are little more than 10 minutes away by car. Two Costcos are less than 30 minutes away. Outside of rush hour, you can reach either the University Village Shopping Center or the International District in around 15 minutes.
This may seem morbid, but Montlake is a good place for medical emergencies as well. With the UW Medical Center just to the north, and Group Health, Swedish, Virginia Mason, and Harborview not far to the south, you are likely to reach a good hospital in short order.
While Montlake is becoming increasingly popular with high-earning professionals -- software executives, doctors, and the like -- it hasn't lost its ordinary Seattle neighborhood feel. Its central location, ready accessibility, outstanding natural amenities, architectural charm, and lack of pretension make it a great place to live.
- Lot: 6,063 sqft
- Single Family
- Built in 1928
- Cooling: Wall
- Heating: Baseboard, Forced air, Wall
- Last sold: Mar 2013 for $890,000
- Price/sqft: $237
- Cable Ready
- Finished basement, 1310 sqft
- Flooring: Carpet, Hardwood, Linoleum / Vinyl, Tile
- Parking: Garage - Detached, Off street, 2 spaces
- Security System
- View: Territorial
- Exposed wood beams in living room; Stained glass window bay; Leaded glass casement windows
- Garbage disposal
- Range / Oven
- Breakfast nook
- Dining room
- Family room
- Laundry room
- Master bath
- Sun room
- Walk-in closet
- Construction quality: 8.0
- Exterior material: Stucco, Wood
- Roof type: Asphalt
- Room count: 17
- # Stories: 2.0
- Structure type: French
- Unit count: 1
- Floor size: 3,750 sqft
- Heating: Electric, Gas
- Parcel #: 8722101110
- Zillow Home ID: 49098656
- A Zestimate home valuation is Zillow's estimated market value. It is not an appraisal. Use it as a starting point to determine a home's value. Learn more
The Value Range is the high and low estimate market value for which Zillow values a home. The more information, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Don't agree with your home's Zestimate? Owners can edit their home facts to make the Zestimate more accurate. Plus, you can leave an opinion on your Zestimate value below. Just click "Owner Estimate".
- A Rent Zestimate is Zillow's estimated monthly rental price, computed using a proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining the monthly rental price for a specific property. Learn more
The Rent Range is the high and low estimate for which an apartment or home could rent. The more information we have, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Rent Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Neighborhood for 2223 E Howe Street
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In Montlake, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold is 65.3% lower than in Seattle, and 67.6% less than the national average. This lower local number could help Montlake home values rise more quickly than other regions in Seattle.
Learn more about forecast calculations or Montlake home values.
- 2219 E Howe St Seattle, WA$782K31.752,050
- 2228 E Blaine St Seattle, WA$554K31.51,420
- 2231 E Howe St Seattle, WA$868K222,220
- 2232 E Blaine St Seattle, WA$641K31.51,420
- 2215 E Howe St Seattle, WA$893K321,630
- 2236 E Blaine St Seattle, WA$697K31.51,630
- 2221 E Newton St Seattle, WA$1.4M63.54,150
- 2237 E Blaine St Seattle, WA$554K211,280
- 2217 E Newton St Seattle, WA$1.24M42.52,680
- 2209 E Howe St Seattle, WA$991K433,010
- 1934 Boyer Ave E Seattle, WA$611K412,350
- 2225 E Newton St Seattle, WA$1.36M444,500
- 1930 Boyer Ave E Seattle, WA$869K42.52,730
- 2240 E Blaine St Seattle, WA$611K21.52,160
- 1938 Boyer Ave E Seattle, WA$1.36M33.52,770
- 1871 23rd Ave E Seattle, WA$2.15M52.53,730
- 2211 E Newton St Seattle, WA$1.17M32.52,390
- 1942 Boyer Ave E Seattle, WA$842K54.52,350
- 1926 Boyer Ave E Seattle, WA$625K211,290
- 1922 Boyer Ave E Seattle, WA$807K322,450
Nearby Schools in Seattle
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
GreatSchools ratings give an overview of a school's test results. The ratings are based on a comparison of test results for all schools in the state.
Disclaimer: School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Maponics and are subject to change. Check with the applicable school district prior to making a decision based on these boundaries.
Contact a local agent
- About these agents
- These listing agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at (855) 840-3292