Be a part of history by living in a home built circa 1776. That is when the main part was built followed by updates over the years. Many of the exposed beams extenuate the rich history of this home.
This very private, yet easily accessible property features almost a mile of hiking trails, a 2 stall horse barn with 3 bays, one of which is large enough to house a 28' boat. Do you enjoy Vermont Maple Syrup? Make it yourself in your own fully equipped sugarhouse! I'd love to teach you how to do it! Like skiing? Mt. Snow is a scenic 45 minute drive and Jiminey Peak is nearby as well.
Free heat for life! We have heated the house with a Vermont Castings Defiant woodstove for 35 years. All YOU have to do is harvest the fuel from the land, log splitter included! Of course, we also have an oil heating system if you so choose.
There are multiple trails throughout the property than can be used for harvesting firewood, hiking, mountain biking, cross country skiing, whatever! There is a great spot for a garden- located across the bridge from the house. Wild raspberries are plentiful nearby.
The horse barn allows the horses to walk in and out of their stalls from the large pasture. There is a system in place for an automatic waterer that can provide water for the horses year round. Also included in the barn is room enough for cars, trucks, farm machinery, you name it- it's big! The pasture is large enough to accommodate several horses and the barn loft stores enough hay for 2 horses for an entire winter.
We installed triple pane windows with lots of insulation so the home is cozy in winter. The carriage house metal roof was new in 2014 and all of the buildings are in fine condition. Also in 2014 we installed a new maple floor in the master bedroom, a new oak floor in the laundry room, a new pine floor in one of the carriage house rooms. At that time we also sanded and refinished the kitchen, guest bedroom, sun porch and master bedroom walk-in closet Georgia Pine floors. The living/dining area features wall to wall carpeting. We also upgraded to a new 200 amp electrical service.
I will send lots more pics of whatever you want if requested. If you would like to see an aerial video click here:https://youtu.be/4ZSeq6gyqo0
This property can ideally support a growing family, a serene setting to enhance your quality of life, a comfortable retirement location, and/or a getaway providing opportunities for varied cultural and outdoor activities.
Additional property info: http://www.forsalebyowner.com/listing/3-bed-Farm-Land-for-sale-by-owner-248-East-Rd-05352/24026729?provider_id=28079
- 220 days on Zillow
- Views: 1,622 all time views
- 32 shoppers saved this home
- Flooring: Carpet, Hardwood, Tile
- Parking: Carport, Garage - Attached, 1 space
- View: Mountain
- Construction \ Wood Frame, New Construction Y\N \ Existing, EquipmentAndAppliances \ Dryer, EquipmentAndAppliances \ Refrigerator, EquipmentAndAppliances \ Washer, Exterior \ Clapboard, Flood Zone \ No, HeatFuel \ Oil, HeatingAndCooling \ Baseboard, Property Type \ Residential, Sewer \ 1000 Gallon, Sewer \ Leach Field, Sewer \ Septic, EquipmentAndAppliances \ Range-Gas, Exterior \ Wood, Roads \ Dirt, EquipmentAndAppliances \ Dishwasher, Foundation \ Concrete, LotDescription \ Wooded, EquipmentAndAppliances \ Microwave, GarageAndParking \ Attached, GarageAndParking \ Direct Entry, LotDescription \ Landscaped, Roads \ Gravel, Electric \ 200 Amp, LotDescription \ Country Setting, Roads \ Private, Basement \ Crawl Space, Driveway \ Gravel, Foundation \ Stone, GarageAndParking \ Barn, HeatFuel \ Wood, LotDescription \ Fields, Roof \ Standing Seam, Style \ Farmhouse, Construction \ Post and Beam, EquipmentAndAppliances \ Wood Stove, GarageAndParking \ Detached, GarageAndParking \ Storage Above, Garage Location \ Detached, Roof \ Membrane, HeatingAndCooling \ Stove, LotDescription \ Ski Trailside, LotDescription \ Mountain View, Basement \ Partially Finished, Basement \ Storage Space, LotDescription \ Walking Trails, LotDescription \ Horse Prop, Exterior \ Shingle, Exterior \ Cement, WaterHeater \ Tank, GarageAndParking \ Rec Vehicle, Water Rights \ No, Water Access Description \ Owned, Basement \ Frost Wall, LotDescription \ Rural Setting, Foundation \ Below Frostline, LotDescription \ Farm, GarageAndParking \ Off Premises, Electric \ Circuit Breaker(s), LotDescription \ Pasture, GarageAndParking \ 6+ Parking Spaces, Roof \ Shingle-Architectural, WaterHeater \ Gas-Lp\Bottle, WaterHeater \ Owned, EquipmentAndAppliances \ Dehumidifier, LotDescription \ Trail\Near Trail, Basement \ Interior Stairs, LotDescription \ Adjoins St\Natl Forest, Exterior \ Cedar, LotDescription \ Abuts Golf Course, Number Stories \ 2, Road Footage YN \ Yes, Timeshare FractionalOwn \ No, Water CF \ Dug Well, Water CF \ Shared, Land Gains YN \ No, Interior Features CF \ 1st Floor Laundry, Interior Features CF \ 1st Floor Master BR, Interior Features CF \ Eat-in Kitchen, Interior Features CF \ Master BR with BA, Interior Features CF \ Laundry Hook-ups, Interior Features CF \ Dining Area, Interior Features CF \ Mudroom, Interior Features CF \ Pantry, Interior Features CF \ Wood Stove, Interior Features CF \ Fireplace-Wood, Interior Features CF \ Playroom, Interior Features CF \ Foyer, Interior Features CF \ Walk-in Closet, Interior Features CF \ Family Room, Interior Features CF \ Formal Dining Room, Interior Features CF \ Walk-in Pantry, Interior Features CF \ Living\Dining, Interior Features CF \ 2 Fireplaces, Interior Features CF \ Great Room, Interior Features CF \ Natural Woodwork, Exterior Features CF \ Deck, Exterior Features CF \ Barn, Exterior Features CF \ Porch-Enclosed, Exterior Features CF \ Shed, Exterior Features CF \ Invisible Pet Fence, LotDescription \ Pond, Basement \ Concrete, Basement Y\N \ Yes, Floors CF \ Hardwood, Floors CF \ Carpet, Floors CF \ Ceramic Tile, Floors CF \ Slate\Stone, StreetType \ Rd
- Parcel #: (191)00TR01006R000
- Zillow Home ID: 75423722
The Value Range is the high and low estimate market value for which Zillow values a home. The more information, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Don't agree with your home's Zestimate? Owners can edit their home facts to make the Zestimate more accurate. Plus, you can leave an opinion on your Zestimate value below. Just click "Owner Estimate".
The Rent Range is the high and low estimate for which an apartment or home could rent. The more information we have, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Rent Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Popularity on Zillow
Market guideZillow predicts Vermont home values will rise 3.3% next year.
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In Stamford, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold is exactly the same as for Stamford, and 58.1% lower than the national average.
Learn more about forecast calculations.
|174 East Rd Stamford, VT||--||3||2||2,030|
|333 East Rd Stamford, VT||--||--||--||--|
|357 East Rd Stamford, VT||--||--||--||--|
|142 East Rd Stamford, VT||--||--||--||--|
|394 East Rd Stamford, VT||--||--||--||--|
|50 East Rd Stamford, VT||--||--||--||--|
|18 East Rd Stamford, VT||--||--||--||--|
|7 East Rd Stamford, VT||--||--||--||--|
|570 East Rd Stamford, VT||--||--||--||--|
|400 Henderson Rd Clarksburg, MA||$248K||--||--||--|
|545 The Ln Stamford, VT||--||--||--||--|
|469 The Ln Stamford, VT||--||3||2||1,564|
|612 East Rd Stamford, VT||--||4||3||2,872|
|427 The Ln Stamford, VT||--||--||--||--|
|395 The Ln Stamford, VT||--||--||--||--|
|68 Poplar Dr Stamford, VT||--||3||2||1,620|
|323 The Ln Stamford, VT||--||3||3||2,760|
|87 Poplar Dr Stamford, VT||--||--||--||--|
|721 East Rd Manchester Center, VT||--||3||2||1,920|
|128 Poplar Dr Stamford, VT||--||--||--||--|
Nearby Schools in Stamford
Stamford Elementary (assigned)K-80.8 mi
K-8 & ungraded3.2 mi
9-12 & ungraded5.7 mi
Data by GreatSchools.org
Get More Information
Find out how much house you can afford and get pre-approved for a mortgage in minutes.
- Fast & Easy
- Top-Notch Lenders
- Safe & Secure
A Lender can assist you with pre-approval process and answer any question you have.
A Lender will also be calling you back to assist with pre-approval.
Thanks for using Zillow!