2608 Wallace St, Oakland, CA 946062 beds, 1 bath, 1,130 sqft
Estimated Monthly Payment
Please enter a dollar amount between $0 and $200,000,000
Please enter a percent between 0% and 100%
A Zestimate® home valuation is Zillow's estimated market value. It is not an appraisal. Use it as a starting point to determine a home's value. Learn more
Back when this part of Oakland was called Brooklyn and the street was named Glen Avenue, 2608 Wallace was one of three homes designed and built by Sidney and Noble Newsom of the firm Newsom & Newsom in 1908 for real estate magnate A.F. Cornwall as spec houses for San Francisco residents fleeing the earthquake-rocked city. This quintessential California Craftsman Bungalow retains all of it's charm, with oak wainscoting, a central klinker brick fireplace, framed casement windows and original kitchen cabinets.
Featured in the Oakland Historical Society 2007 tour of San Antonio Homes!
2608 Wallace has two bedrooms, with the master bedroom surprisingly large for the time period, a spacious kitchen, 5 skylights providing tons of natural light, a charming bathroom with a claw-foot tub, a formal dining lined in wainscoting and a built in buffet, a comfortable living room surrounded by ribbon windows that showcase the surrounding trees.
The property is removed from the street level, ensuring privacy and quiet and has a sunny fenced in backyard with raised vegetable beds and 4 fruit trees.
- Lot: 5,227 sqft
- Single Family
- Built in 1907
- Cooling: None
- Heating: Other
- Last sold: Jul 2014 for $460,000
- Price/sqft: $407
- Cable Ready
- Ceiling Fan
- Fenced Yard
- Flooring: Hardwood
- Parking: On street
- Security System
- Unfinished basement
- View: City
- Garbage disposal
- Range / Oven
- Dining room
- Laundry room
- Master bath
- Walk-in closet
- Construction quality: 6.0
- Exterior material: Shingle
- Roof type: Composition
- Room count: 5
- # Stories: 1.0
- Structure type: Craftsman
- Unit count: 1
- Floor size: 1,130 sqft
- Heating: Gas
- Last remodel year: 1907
- Laundry: In Unit
- Parcel #: 022 035301900
- Zillow Home ID: 24761878
- A Zestimate home valuation is Zillow's estimated market value. It is not an appraisal. Use it as a starting point to determine a home's value. Learn more
The Value Range is the high and low estimate market value for which Zillow values a home. The more information, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Don't agree with your home's Zestimate? Owners can edit their home facts to make the Zestimate more accurate. Plus, you can leave an opinion on your Zestimate value below. Just click "Owner Estimate".
- A Rent Zestimate is Zillow's estimated monthly rental price, computed using a proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining the monthly rental price for a specific property. Learn more
The Rent Range is the high and low estimate for which an apartment or home could rent. The more information we have, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Rent Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Neighborhood for 2608 Wallace Street
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In Highland Terrace, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold is 45.5% lower than in Oakland, and 46.9% less than the national average. This lower local number could help Highland Terrace home values rise more quickly than other regions in Oakland.
Learn more about forecast calculations or Highland Terrace home values.
- 2600 Wallace St Oakland, CA$394K211,280
- 2620 Wallace St Oakland, CA$359K211,132
- 2537 19th Ave Oakland, CA$366K211,215
- 2615 Wallace St Oakland, CA$416K421,520
- Wallace St Oakland, CA--------
- 2545 19th Ave Oakland, CA$465K322,115
- 2621 Wallace St Oakland, CA$446K52.52,228
- 2533 19th Ave Oakland, CA$443K321,503
- 2601 19th Ave Oakland, CA$332K21840
- 2607 Wallace St Oakland, CA$388K----1,320
- 2631 Wallace St Oakland, CA$453K52.52,511
- 2527 19th Ave Oakland, CA$431K321,503
- 1848 E 25th St Oakland, CA$983K1264,140
- 1418 E 26th St Oakland, CA$466K452,892
- 2605 19th Ave Oakland, CA$503K32.51,852
- 2633 Wallace St Oakland, CA$356K21.5896
- 2525 19th Ave Oakland, CA$472K321,503
- 2615 19th Ave Oakland, CA$498K322,099
- 1852 E 25th St Oakland, CA$872K1264,140
- 2573 Wallace St Oakland, CA$508K643,039
Nearby Schools in Oakland
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
GreatSchools ratings give an overview of a school's test results. The ratings are based on a comparison of test results for all schools in the state.
Disclaimer: School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Maponics and are subject to change. Check with the applicable school district prior to making a decision based on these boundaries.
Contact a local agent
- About these agents
- These listing agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at (855) 840-3292