36 E Broadway Ave, Westerville, OH 430813 beds, 2 baths, 1,450 sqft
Estimated Monthly Payment
Please enter a dollar amount between $0 and $200,000,000
Please enter a percent between 0% and 100%
This is a home in which the owner(s) set a "dream price" - a price they'd be willing to sell it for, as well as to test the waters and gauge interest. This property is not found on a multiple listing service (MLS).
If your home facts are wrong this will cause an incorrect Zestimate, click here to update them.
Fantastic location! Nestled on a 185' deep 0.195 acre lot a short walk from shops and restaurants, the bike path and Otterbein University's campus on one of Uptown Westerville?s widest streets, this charming, historic 2 Story 1450 SF house was built in 1906 with pride- the original large stained wood mouldings speak to the vintage Old World Craftsmanship this era was so well known for.
The deep concrete front porch welcomes you into a large living room featuring high ceilings, the large restored double-hung wood windows (with screens and aluminum storm windows) provide abundant natural light. An ornate staircase leads to 3 generously-sized bedrooms featuring large windows and closets, and the convenient upstairs bathroom features a double-sink vanity separated from the toilet and bathtub / shower combination for greater privacy and versatility.
Adjoining the living room is a large family room featuring a beautiful fireplace and mantel (older gas fireplace insert is currently non-functional).
Age-In-Place Ready! Separate hallway access from the living room into the formal dining room would allow the current family room to be used as a fourth private bedroom on the first floor with minimal conversion work. The dining room features a large triple window and recessed tray ceiling which leads to the kitchen with breakfast nook. The first-floor bathroom features a nicely sized shower alcove which adds to the convenience and functionality of the house.
Numerous electrical updates throughout the house. Bedrooms, living room and kitchen have lighted ceiling fans with separate wall switches for light and fan control (dining room pre-wired), all closets have switched lighting, numerous extra 20-amp power outlets in all bedrooms, bathrooms, living room, family room, and dining room. All knob & tube wiring has been replaced with current Romex-style wiring and the bathrooms, kitchen and basement have GFCI power outlets.
Numerous plumbing updates including copper supply lines throughout the house and two fully updated bathrooms.
The basement features a partially finished laundry area with washer and dryer connections, laundry sink, numerous built-in storage cabinets and updated lighting. The deck off the back of the kitchen overlooks the large back yard, perfect for barbeques and family get-togethers!
The 650 SF attic is great for additional storage space now with the possibility of being converted into several hundred feet of additional 3rd story living space for an office or rec room.
The 12' x 26' garage has alley access with a workshop area and large second-story storage loft above. If garage is expanded or replaced, the lot configuration would allow for a 3-car (or 4-car tandem 2+2) garage without needing a special variance from the city while still leaving plenty of backyard space on this deep lot.
Layout: 800 SF 1st floor, 650 SF 2nd floor, 650 SF attic (unfinished, currently small scuttle hole access, staircase could be added from the 2nd bedroom to the center of the attic, could be finished with approx. 400 additional SF with 8' peak center ceiling height and 3' knee-walls or 300 SF with 4' knee walls. Currently one small forward-facing window in attic gable), approximately 700 SF basement under main house extends underneath front concrete porch, plus 150 SF partially dug-out crawl space under kitchen.
Neighborhood Description: Great mix of younger families and long-time residents, this is a "front porch" neighborhood just a short walk from uptown shops and restaurants as well as the bike path. Great place to raise a family!
- Lot: 8,494 sqft
- Single Family
- Built in 1906
- 607 days on Zillow
- Cooling: Central
- Heating: Forced air
- Last sold: Apr 2012 for $125,900
- Price/sqft: $87
- Ceiling Fan
- Double Pane/Storm Windows
- Flooring: Hardwood, Tile
- Parking: Garage - Detached, Off street, On street, 1 space, 264 sqft
- Unfinished basement
- Newer stainless steel appliances, updated electric and plumbing throughout, updated bathrooms.
- Garbage disposal
- Range / Oven
- Breakfast nook
- Dining room
- Family room
- Laundry room
- Exterior material: Metal, Vinyl
- Roof type: Shake Shingle
- Room count: 7
- # Stories: 2.0
- Unit count: 1
- Floor size: 1,450 sqft
- Heating: Gas
- Last remodel year: 2014
- Lot depth: 185
- Lot width: 46
- Parcel #: 080000430
- Zillow Home ID: 34003063
- A Zestimate home valuation is Zillow's estimated market value. It is not an appraisal. Use it as a starting point to determine a home's value. Learn more
The Value Range is the high and low estimate market value for which Zillow values a home. The more information, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Don't agree with your home's Zestimate? Owners can edit their home facts to make the Zestimate more accurate. Plus, you can leave an opinion on your Zestimate value below. Just click "Owner Estimate".
- A Rent Zestimate is Zillow's estimated monthly rental price, computed using a proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining the monthly rental price for a specific property. Learn more
The Rent Range is the high and low estimate for which an apartment or home could rent. The more information we have, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Rent Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Neighborhood for 36 E Broadway Avenue
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In the 43081 market, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold shrank 36.4% in the last year. The number of unsold foreclosures is 76.2% higher than in Westerville, and 44.6% greater than the national average. This higher local number may prevent 43081 home values from rising as quickly as other regions in Westerville.
Learn more about forecast calculations or 43081 home values.
- 42 E Broadway Ave Westerville, OH$197K411,951
- 32 E Broadway Ave Westerville, OH$215K321,610
- 46 E Broadway Ave Westerville, OH$152K321,640
- 26 E Broadway Ave Westerville, OH$233K322,187
- 50 E Broadway Ave Westerville, OH$221K432,440
- 25 E Broadway Ave Westerville, OH$212K21.52,060
- 56 E Broadway Ave Westerville, OH$156K311,468
- 37 E Broadway Ave Westerville, OH$223K52.51,962
- 41 E Broadway Ave Westerville, OH$189K41.51,952
- 31 E Broadway Ave Westerville, OH$195K31.51,787
- 58 Arnold Aly Westerville, OH$325K322,016
- 45 E Broadway Ave Westerville, OH$278K51.52,365
- 60 E Broadway Ave Westerville, OH$211K31.51,867
- 164 N State St Westerville, OH$191K322,372
- 170 N State St Westerville, OH$143K311,505
- 160 N State St Westerville, OH$179K312,042
- 174 N State St Westerville, OH$145K221,452
- 180 N State St Westerville, OH$136K321,719
- 55 E Broadway Ave Westerville, OH$198K422,544
- 66 E Broadway Ave Westerville, OH$202K31.52,061
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
Get more information
Email successfully sent!Submission failed!
Are you pre-approved already?
Find out how much house you can afford and get pre-approved for a mortgage in minutes.
- Fast & easy
- Top-notch lenders
- Safe & secure
Next: Get Pre-Approved
A Zillow Confirmed Lender will call you.