This home is not currently listed for sale or rent on Zillow.
Featuring a 4-story stair atrium of glass and reclaimed lumber, state of the art sound, media and lighting systems, and key elements from the original design, this architectural marvel delivers comfort, convenience and drama ? all wrapped in a historically consistent façade. The prior owners converted the Firehouse space into a state of the art residence which showcases its history as a Firehouse in the early 1900?s and as the home and studio space for two of San Francisco?s most illustrious artists ? Mark Adams and Beth Van Hoesen over the last half of the 20th century. The current owners made further improvements to the home which added to the clean modern lines, smart technology, comfort and convenience.
Great space for entertaining, showcasing a world class art collection, or simply enjoying everyday life, this newly renovated home reportedly inspired artist residents Mark Adams and Beth Van Hoesen with its expansive light, size and history. Conveniently located on one of Noe Valley?s finest streets, the owners of this historic home can walk to a vast array of shops, restaurants and outdoor spaces on 24th, Valencia, Castro and Church streets and at Dolores Park.
1. Fabulous location on one of Noe Valley?s nicest streets
2. Historic legacy as a Firehouse for Engine Co. #44 and as home to Mark Adams, Beth Van Hoesen
3. 4-story glass and reclaimed wood stair atrium
4. Lookout tower with views in all directions over Noe Valley and the bay
5. Elevator to 4 floors
6. 4 BR, 3 full baths, 2 half baths
7. 5814 sq feet per the tax records*
8. Kitchen with three ovens and two dishwashers (Wolf, Sub-Zero, Miele +++)
9. Numerous bars, wine refrigerators and gallery spaces for entertaining and showcasing art collections
10. Unparalleled sound, media and lighting (Sonos and Leviton) systems wired throughout the residence
11. Operable skylights and air conditioning on the top floor
12. Fireman?s pole, original rear metal stair, fireman?s lockers and call switching gear from the early 20th century
13. Separate Den/library and Media/game rooms
14. Three decks and a rear patio with outdoor heated space
15. Rear structure perfect for entertaining, storage, potting or painting
*Sq Footage not warranted.
- Single Family
- Built in 1909
- Views: 1,951 all time views
- Finished basement
- Parking: Garage - Attached, 2 spaces
- Floor size: 5,814 sqft
- Zillow Home ID: 2111035338
The Value Range is the high and low estimate market value for which Zillow values a home. The more information, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Don't agree with your home's Zestimate? Owners can edit their home facts to make the Zestimate more accurate. Plus, you can leave an opinion on your Zestimate value below. Just click "Owner Estimate".
The Rent Range is the high and low estimate for which an apartment or home could rent. The more information we have, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Rent Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Improve This Home's Value
Popularity on Zillow
Homes like this sold for $3.25-5.15M.
Neighborhood: Eureka Valley - Dolores Heights - Castro
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In Eureka Valley - Dolores Heights - Castro, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold is 83.3% less than in San Francisco, and 97.1% less than the national average. This lower local number could help Eureka Valley - Dolores Heights - Castro home values rise more quickly than other regions in San Francisco.
Learn more about forecast calculations or Eureka Valley - Dolores Heights - Castro home values.
|3824 22nd St San Francisco, CA||$3.27M||4||2.5||2,800|
|3826 22nd St San Francisco, CA||$3.41M||--||2||3,239|
|3822 22nd St # A San Francisco, CA||$1.24M||--||--||1,100|
|3822 22nd St San Francisco, CA||$1.41M||--||--||1,200|
|3820 22nd St San Francisco, CA||$2.14M||4||1||1,352|
|3862-3864 22ND St San Francisco, CA||$2.59M||--||2||2,552|
|3818 22nd St San Francisco, CA||$1M||1||1||880|
|3866 22nd St San Francisco, CA||--||1||1||840|
|3847 22nd St San Francisco, CA||$3.3M||--||1||2,050|
|3843 22nd St San Francisco, CA||$3.75M||4||3.5||2,436|
|3853 22nd St San Francisco, CA||$2.81M||3||2||2,103|
|3839 22nd St San Francisco, CA||$2.61M||3||1||1,796|
|3857 22nd St San Francisco, CA||$3.79M||3||3||2,680|
|3816 22nd St San Francisco, CA||$5.42M||4||4.5||6,100|
|3816 22nd St San Francisco, CA||$4.73M||4||4.5||5,814|
|3870-3872 22ND St San Francisco, CA||$2.38M||--||2||1,840|
|3835 22nd St San Francisco, CA||$3.12M||3||2||2,438|
|3861 22nd St San Francisco, CA||$2.62M||3||1||1,850|
|543 Hill St San Francisco, CA||$2.83M||3||2||2,148|
|547 Hill St San Francisco, CA||$3.23M||--||3||2,706|
Nearby Schools in San Francisco
Rooftop ElementaryPK-80.6 mi
Mission High9-120.6 mi
Data by GreatSchools.org
Get a Professional Estimate
Find out how much house you can afford and get pre-approved for a mortgage in minutes.
- Fast & Easy
- Top-Notch Lenders
- Safe & Secure
A Lender can assist you with pre-approval process and answer any question you have.
A Lender will also be calling you back to assist with pre-approval.
Thanks for using Zillow!