4106 Shenandoah Ave, Saint Louis, MO 631103 beds, 2.5 baths, 2,550 sqft
Estimated Monthly Payment
Please enter a dollar amount between $0 and $200,000,000
Please enter a percent between 0% and 100%
This home is not currently listed for sale or rent on Zillow.
Classic open spindled staircase winds to large inviting landing on the second floor, with an office, 2 spacious bedrooms, laundry area and period-tiled full guest bath. Walk the richly paneled stair up to the third floor, converted to a full master suite, with large bedroom, open sitting area, and huge tiled master bath with walk-in closet, jet tub and walk-in shower. 2nd and 3rd floors have original hardwood flooring. And don't miss the magnificent view from the 3rd floor! This is one of the highest homes in Shaw, and you have a sweeping view over the neighborhood to the St. Louis skyline.
Other details include central vacuum throughout the house, CAT5 media wiring, alarm, high efficiency heating and cooling, whole house humidifier, intercom, and instant hot water (recirculating) system. Newer 200 amp electric service, and all newer plumbing throughout. Oversize 50 foot lot with large 2.5 car garage, plus attached, gated 2 car parking pad, all completed in 2007. All renovation work fully permitted through city building department.10 year redevelopment property tax abatement runs through 2017! Only $892 in 2009.
Dr. Hinrichs is renowned in the history of 19th and early 20th century science for seminal work in meteorology (establishing the first state weather service in Iowa), crystallography, and as one of 6 scientists that contributed to establishing the periodic table of the elements, ultimately credited to Mendeleev. He published many scientific books and journals from the 4106 Shenandoah address. He was on the faculty of Saint Louis University from 1889. He passed away in 1923.
Located in the wonderfully convenient Shaw Neighborhood, you are just minutes from Interstates 64, 44, 55, and 70. Bop down to Soulard Farmers Market or commute to Downtown, Saint Louis University, Washington University, BJC Hospital, Forest Park, the St. Louis Zoo, or the Central West End in the blink of an eye. Walk or ride your bike to the eclectic shops and restaurants of South Grand or the Morganford strip. And don't forget the world famous Italian Hill district with high end eateries and Italian groceries, also just minutes away. Living here will spoil you for convenient access to many of the major amenities of central St. Louis!
Historic Shaw, bounded by Tower Grove Park, one of the finest Victorian parks in the nation, and the Missouri Botanical Gardens, world famous as a center of cliamte and plant research. Close to major interstates, St. Louis and Washington Universities, and BJC Medical Complex. South Grand, Morganford, and Soulard cafe and entertainment districts are nearby.
- Lot: 6,166 sqft
- Single Family
- Built in 1899
- Cooling: Central
- Heating: Forced air
- Last sold: Dec 2006 for $380,000
- Cable Ready
- Fenced Yard
- Flooring: Hardwood
- Jetted Tub
- Parking: Garage - Detached, Off street, On street, 2 spaces
- Security System
- Unfinished basement
- View: City
- Garbage disposal
- Range / Oven
- Breakfast nook
- Dining room
- Family room
- Laundry room
- Master bath
- Walk-in closet
- Exterior material: Brick
- Roof type: Asphalt
- Room count: 8
- # Stories: 3.0
- Structure type: Victorian
- Floor size: 2,550 sqft
- Heating: Gas
- Last remodel year: 2006
- Lot width: 50
- Parcel #: 49260002200
- Zillow Home ID: 71650736
- A Zestimate home valuation is Zillow's estimated market value. It is not an appraisal. Use it as a starting point to determine a home's value. Learn more
The Value Range is the high and low estimate market value for which Zillow values a home. The more information, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Don't agree with your home's Zestimate? Owners can edit their home facts to make the Zestimate more accurate. Plus, you can leave an opinion on your Zestimate value below. Just click "Owner Estimate".
- A Rent Zestimate is Zillow's estimated monthly rental price, computed using a proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining the monthly rental price for a specific property. Learn more
The Rent Range is the high and low estimate for which an apartment or home could rent. The more information we have, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Rent Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Neighborhood for 4106 Shenandoah Avenue
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In Shaw, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold is 11.5% lower than in Saint Louis, and 193.3% greater than the national average. This lower local number could help Shaw home values rise more quickly than other regions in Saint Louis.
Learn more about forecast calculations or Shaw home values.
- 4112 Shenandoah Ave Saint Louis, MO$247K421,950
- 4100 Shenandoah Ave Saint Louis, MO$542K--139,359
- 4103 Shenandoah Ave # A Saint Louis, MO$111K221,422
- 4116 Shenandoah Ave Saint Louis, MO$131K443,996
- 4121 Shenandoahave St Louis, MO$58K311,680
- 4107 Shenandoah Ave Saint Louis, MO$154K------
- 4107 Shenandoah Ave Saint Louis, MO$274K--34,510
- 4111 Shenandoah Ave Saint Louis, MO$183K--11,656
- 4115 Shenandoah Ave Saint Louis, MO$157K--1.51,680
- 4120 Shenandoah Ave Saint Louis, MO$165K--22,536
- 4101 Shenandoah Ave # A Saint Louis, MO$122K221,500
- Shenandoah Ave Saint Louis, MO$158K--21,968
- 4101 Shenandoah Ave Saint Louis, MO$114K221,500
- 4119 Shenandoah Ave Saint Louis, MO$187K--1.51,642
- 4109 Botanical Ave Saint Louis, MO$265K33.52,200
- 4107 Botanical Ave Saint Louis, MO$341K--2.52,288
- 4111 Botanical Ave Saint Louis, MO$285K--45,280
- 4122 Shenandoah Ave Saint Louis, MO$127K--22,536
Nearby Schools in Saint Louis
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
Get a professional estimate
- About these agents
- These listing agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at (855) 840-3292