4939 New York Ave, Glendale, CA 912144 beds, 1.75 baths, 2,200 sqft
Estimated Monthly Payment
Please enter a dollar amount between $0 and $200,000,000
Please enter a percent between 0% and 100%
The living room, with its inviting brick fireplace (stubbed for gas) and beautiful hardwood floors, looks out over the pool and freshly landscaped backyard. The adjacent formal dining area with distinctive metal chandelier makes it a perfect space for entertaining. The recently updated kitchen has Corian counters, stone tile floors, silent Bosch dishwasher, range, oven, double sink with new pendant light above, under sink water filtration system, new recessed lights, and a 4-person breakfast bar with new pendant light cluster. The laundry area and pantry closet are conveniently located. Opening off the kitchen is the grand family room with expansive views of the surrounding mountains. Added in 2005, it features a refinished vaulted beam ceiling, a floor to ceiling Bouquet Canyon flagstone fireplace with sitting area, ceiling fan, track lighting, and access to the pool and backyard. The media area has TV wall mount and is hardwired for surround sound as well as pool patio speakers.
There are four good-sized bedrooms with spacious custom closets and ceiling fans. The 4th bedroom has its own separate entrance off the front porch and an adjacent, recently updated ¾ bathroom, making it a perfect office or in-law suite. Closets are plentiful throughout the home, including two hallway linen closets, both with folding tables. The full bathroom off the main hallway shows off a recent remodel with stone flooring, subway tile accents in the shower, Mother of Pearl marble counter with double sinks and light sconces overhead and Restoration Hardware fixtures and cabinetry. The centerpiece of the fully-fenced backyard is the solar-heated pool with retractable pool cover and removable fence. There is also an ample flat grassy area with surrounding flower beds, Meyer lemon and fig trees, and a pergola-covered concrete patio area. A few steps up and you arrive at a spectacular upper deck with a breathtaking vantage of the surrounding valley.
The 2-car garage has extra shelves and a newer Carriage House style custom automatic door and light sconces. Under the house is an expansive storage area with a sizable work bench. This area could be converted into an additional finished room. The driveway is over 100? long for extra parking.
Recent improvements on the house include a 25 year, triple laminate roof; foam insulation in the family room roof; designer series garage door; removable pool fence; new vinyl fencing; custom extra wide, double pane sliding glass door in living room; solid core doors throughout house; new central a/c; and hot water heater. This home has recently refinished hardwood floors, copper piping, 200 amp main electric panel, automatic sprinklers front and back, Valencia orange tree in front yard and extensive landscaping both front and back. Located near Deukmejian Wilderness Park, Clark Magnet High School, freeways and shopping this home offers both urban convenience and a peaceful retreat.
- Lot: 9,724 sqft
- Single Family
- Built in 1955
- Cooling: Central
- Heating: Forced air, Other
- Last sold: Apr 2014 for $960,000
- Price/sqft: $436
- Ceiling Fan
- Double Pane/Storm Windows
- Fenced Yard
- Flooring: Hardwood
- Parking: Garage - Detached, 2 spaces
- Sprinkler System
- Unfinished basement
- Vaulted Ceiling
- View: Mountain
- Garbage disposal
- Range / Oven
- Breakfast nook
- Dining room
- Family room
- Laundry room
- Exterior material: Wood
- Roof type: Composition
- Room count: 9
- # Stories: 1.0
- Structure type: Ranch
- Unit count: 1
- Floor size: 2,200 sqft
- Last remodel year: 2005
- Lot depth: 120
- Lot width: 82
- Parcel #: 5601016002
- Zillow Home ID: 20813212
- A Zestimate home valuation is Zillow's estimated market value. It is not an appraisal. Use it as a starting point to determine a home's value. Learn more
The Value Range is the high and low estimate market value for which Zillow values a home. The more information, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Don't agree with your home's Zestimate? Owners can edit their home facts to make the Zestimate more accurate. Plus, you can leave an opinion on your Zestimate value below. Just click "Owner Estimate".
- A Rent Zestimate is Zillow's estimated monthly rental price, computed using a proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining the monthly rental price for a specific property. Learn more
The Rent Range is the high and low estimate for which an apartment or home could rent. The more information we have, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Rent Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Neighborhood for 4939 New York Avenue
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In Crescenta Highlands, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold is 5.8% less than in Glendale, and 30.2% greater than the national average. This lower local number could help Crescenta Highlands home values rise more quickly than other regions in Glendale.
Learn more about forecast calculations or Crescenta Highlands home values.
- 4947 New York Ave La Crescenta, CA$778K321,620
- 4933 New York Ave Glendale, CA$819K321,842
- 3421 Paraiso Way Glendale, CA$760K321,567
- 3354 Burritt Way Glendale, CA$721K321,655
- 3427 Paraiso Way Glendale, CA$917K432,256
- 5005 New York Ave Glendale, CA$704K211,314
- 3414 Paraiso Way Glendale, CA$675K321,368
- 3408 Paraiso Way Glendale, CA$684K321,368
- 3404 Paraiso Way Glendale, CA$723K321,540
- 3420 Paraiso Way Glendale, CA$730K321,642
- 5006 New York Ave Glendale, CA$726K421,632
- 4926 New York Ave Glendale, CA$686K421,500
- 3348 Burritt Way Glendale, CA$634K321,253
- 3357 Burritt Way La Crescenta, CA$622K211,242
- 5011 New York Ave Glendale, CA$962K432,643
- 4913 New York Ave Glendale, CA$721K321,538
- 3424 Paraiso Way Glendale, CA$767K321,686
- 4913 New York Ave La Crescenta, CA$766K321,538
- 3355 Burritt Way Glendale, CA$784K422,060
- 3425 Santa Carlotta St Glendale, CA$737K321,630
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
Contact a local agent
- About these agents
- These listing agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at (855) 840-3292
Email successfully sent!Submission failed!
Are you pre-approved already?
Find out how much house you can afford and get pre-approved for a mortgage in minutes.
- Fast & easy
- Top-notch lenders
- Safe & secure
Next: Get Pre-Approved
A Zillow Confirmed Lender will call you.