5 Cowdray Park Dr, Greenwich, CT 068316 beds, 10 baths, 11,137 sqft
Estimated Monthly Payment
Please enter a dollar amount between $0 and $200,000,000
Please enter a percent between 0% and 100%
Completed in 1994, the entire property emanates a majestic presence while maintaining the charm and appeal of a country lakefront home. Each finely crafted detail was hand selected under the guidance of noted New York designer, Kenneth Alpert, utilizing inspirations from California. Built by world renowned New York architect and planner, Robert Lamb Hart, the estate radiates a unique individuality in both the spectacular grounds, carved out of virgin woodlands, and the palatial 12,560 sq. ft. manse, offering seven sublime bedrooms, seven luxury full baths and four designer half baths.
Stone ledges and steps lead to seemingly endless woodland paths ideal for enjoying Nature at her finest. Nestled in a magical setting with mood lighting and views of the lake, an inviting Pebble Tec in-ground pool with intricately patterned brick patio offers a perfect spot for relaxation or visiting with friends on the veranda of the delightful pool house with everything needed for entertaining and personal comfort.
Welcoming guests with a large circular courtyard and massive front portico, the residence opens through double doors into the enthralling two story foyer with a sweeping circular staircase. The inlaid marble and wood floors are illuminated by a soaring California inspired window above the entry. Its design and height are echoed in the large windows seen throughout the home, many overlooking the lake. An elegant gallery running perpendicular to the foyer provides access to most of the first floor, which includes a ballroom-sized sunken living room with coffered ceiling, stone fireplace and lake views, an imposing formal dining room with a magnificent cove-lit dome ceiling embellished with a hand-painted mural. Central to the floor plan, a stunning two-story library with wet bar provides a perfect spot for a game of cards and flows from the living room into the great room. Aptly named, this two-story great room is flooded with sunlight through a soaring bay window that showcases gleaming hardwood floors and a second floor balcony. Double doors open to the delightful and spacious four-season solarium, with brick floors and built-in barbecue, plus access through a wide archway into the sun-drenched, custom crafted gourmet kitchen with its large center island. An exquisite mahogany-paneled study with lake views, an inviting guest suite with bath, and three powder rooms complete the first floor. The second floor includes three gorgeous bedrooms with baths en suite and the palatial, romantic master suite. This luxurious retreat offers a delightful sitting room with fireplace, a lovely master bedroom with French doors to a private balcony, ample closets, and two lavish designer baths offering every amenity for sublime comfort. Half-way between the two levels off a rear staircase, the generous two-bedroom, one bath caretaker?s suite is conveniently located.
Encompassing 1,500 pristine acres and spanning from Greenwich, Connecticut to North Castle, New York, Conyers Farm is an ultra-exclusive enclave that includes some of the nation?s finest private residences. The property was originally owned by Edmund C. Converse, a founder of United States Steel, who consolidated 20 smaller farms into one large piece of property and named it Conyers, after the Old English sp
- Lot: 12.48 acres
- Single Family
- Built in 1994
- Cooling: Central
- Heating: Other
- Last sold: May 2014 for $8,475,000
- Price/sqft: $761
- Cable Ready
- Ceiling Fan
- Double Pane/Storm Windows
- Flooring: Hardwood, Other
- Gated Entry
- Jetted Tub
- Parking: Garage - Attached, Off street, 3 spaces
- Security System
- Unfinished basement
- Vaulted Ceiling
- View: Water
- Deck / Patio,Gated Community,Granite Countertops,Library,Security System,Swimming Pool,3+ Fireplaces,Carriage House,Dock,Gardens,Hardwood Flooring,Intercom System,Marble Countertop,Staff Quarters,Terrace / Outdoor Space,Underground Lawn Sprinkler,Lake,Water View,Waterfront,Guard Gated
- Range / Oven
- Dining room
- Family room
- Laundry room
- Master bath
- Recreation room
- Solarium / Atrium
- Sun room
- Walk-in closet
- Exterior material: Stone, Stucco
- Roof type: Slate
- Room count: 17
- # Stories: 3.0
- Structure type: Other
- Unit count: 1
- Floor size: 11,137 sqft
- Heating: Oil
- Laundry: In Unit
- Parcel #: 55380000111 0011 024
- Unit floor #: 3
- Zillow Home ID: 33068899
- A Zestimate home valuation is Zillow's estimated market value. It is not an appraisal. Use it as a starting point to determine a home's value. Learn more
The Value Range is the high and low estimate market value for which Zillow values a home. The more information, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Don't agree with your home's Zestimate? Owners can edit their home facts to make the Zestimate more accurate. Plus, you can leave an opinion on your Zestimate value below. Just click "Owner Estimate".
- A Rent Zestimate is Zillow's estimated monthly rental price, computed using a proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining the monthly rental price for a specific property. Learn more
The Rent Range is the high and low estimate for which an apartment or home could rent. The more information we have, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Rent Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Neighborhood for 5 Cowdray Park Drive
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In the 06831 market, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold fell 22.9% in the last year. The number of unsold foreclosures is 26.5% higher than in Greenwich, and 28.4% greater than the national average. This higher local number may prevent 06831 home values from rising as quickly as other regions in Greenwich.
Learn more about forecast calculations or 06831 home values.
- 200 Guards Rd Greenwich, CT$5.04M------
- 152 Guards Rd Greenwich, CT$10.7M------
- 50 Guards Rd Greenwich, CT$7.77M897,209
- 451 Guards Rd Greenwich, CT$5.04M------
- 65 Upper Cross Rd Greenwich, CT$16.7M8921,083
- 47 Hurlingham Dr Greenwich, CT$11.1M------
- 16 Hurlingham Dr Greenwich, CT$11.9M6911,980
- 18 Hurlingham Dr Greenwich, CT$6.51M------
- 10 Hurlingham Dr Greenwich, CT$6.67M688,988
- 20 Hurlingham Dr Greenwich, CT$19.1M59.514,312
- 2 Cowdray Park Dr Greenwich, CT$6.36M79.59,000
- 6 Ashfields Ln Greenwich, CT$55.2M------
- 42 Hurlingham Dr Greenwich, CT$11.4M7910,327
- 21 Hurlingham Dr Greenwich, CT$7.42M79--
- 25 Cowdray Park Dr Greenwich, CT$11.3M------
- 41 Hurlingham Dr Greenwich, CT$5.2M43.58,000
- 941 North St Greenwich, CT$5.57M41.53,516
- 961 North St Greenwich, CT$5.04M77.59,844
- 22 Hurlingham Dr Greenwich, CT$14.9M710.512,104
- 969 North St Greenwich, CT$6.6M710.513,647
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
Contact a local agent
- About these agents
- These listing agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at (855) 840-3292
Email successfully sent!Submission failed!
Are you pre-approved already?
Find out how much house you can afford and get pre-approved for a mortgage in minutes.
- Fast & easy
- Top-notch lenders
- Safe & secure
Next: Get Pre-Approved
A Zillow Confirmed Lender will call you.
A Zillow Confirmed Lender will also be calling you back to assist with pre-approval. Thanks for using Zillow!