71 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94117
Sold on 5/17/13: $1,500,000
- Bedrooms:4 beds
- Bathrooms:2 baths
- Single Family:2,095 sq ft
- Lot:3,063 sqft
- Year Built:1910
- Last Sold:May 2013 for $1,500,000
- Heating Type:Forced air
The original house is filled with period details and charm. The main level features a living room with oak floors, built-ins and wood burning fireplace, a formal dining room, eat-in kitchen, laundry room, access to the rear yard and a staircase to the rear addition. The upper level boasts softwood floors, a spacious master bedroom with two closets and en suite bathroom and two additional bedrooms.
The rear one bedroom, one bath addition is also situated on two levels, enjoying lovely Sutro Heights views! The addition has a full basement with plenty of storage space and there is also a wonderful, deep yard. A one-car uncovered parking area is situated at the front of the house.
With its sidewalk cafes, bakeries and fromageries, Cole Valley brings a bit of je ne sais quoi to the heart of San Francisco. Residents can find several very good restaurants, gourmet food and wine stores, some mom and pop storefronts and a locally-owned hardware store. Everyday basics like a mechanic, dry cleaner, gym and coffee shops are right here as well. The older single family homes in this district are popular with buyers; there are quite a few newer multi-unit buildings and condos to be found for investment buyers as well. The trees and lush landscaping that flourish here add to the area's overall charm. The N Judah Muni line stops right at Cole Street, making downtown transit a breeze. Several bus lines serve the neighborhood, and freeway access is easy, too. This is very tight-knit neighborhood, and you're sure to start seeing familiar faces after a few short weeks here. The Cole Valley Improvement Association hosts an annual street fair, and Halloween on Belvedere Street is a family friendly spectacular every year.
- Basement TypeUnknown
- Floor CoveringCarpet, Hardwood
- Fenced Yard
- Room TypesDining room, Laundry room, Pantry
- Appliances IncludedDryer, Refrigerator, Washer
- # Stories2.0
- Structure TypeColonial
- Unit Count1
- Zillow Home ID15088084
- LaundryIn Unit
- Lot Depth122
- Lot Width25
- Neighborhood NameCole Valley
- Parcel #1278 025
- Room Count8
- Days on Zillow298
|Value||Range||30-day change||$/sqft||Last updated|
|Zestimate What's this?|
|$2,210,607||$1.83M – $2.50M||-$3,938||$1,055||03/06/2014|
|Rent Zestimate What's this?|
|$5,603/mo||$3.0K – $7.5K/mo||-$64||$2.67||03/03/2014|
Zillow predicts Parnassus - Ashbury home values will increase 2.2% next year, compared to a 3.6% rise for San Francisco as a whole. Among Parnassus - Ashbury homes, this home is valued 32.6% more than the midpoint (median) home, but is valued 22.9% less per square foot.
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In the Parnassus - Ashbury market, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold shrank 3.5% in the last year. The number of unsold foreclosures is 76.5% less than in San Francisco, and 95.2% less than the national average. This lower local number could help Parnassus - Ashbury home values rise more quickly than other regions in San Francisco.
Learn more about forecast calculations or Parnassus - Ashbury home values.
Neighborhood for 71 Parnassus Avenue
- 7500-7300 Parnassus Ave San Francisco, CA$1.72M--2.02,900
- 6300 Parnassus Ave San Francisco, CA$2.33M--1.02,280
- 77-79 Parnassus Ave San Francisco, CA$1.72M53.02,600
- 61 Parnassus Ave San Francisco, CA$1.76M32.01,650
- 74 Parnassus Ave San Francisco, CA$1.88M31.0--
- 36 Grattan St San Francisco, CA$1.71M--2.02,650
- 44 Grattan St San Francisco, CA$2.3M54.02,439
- 568 Belvedere St San Francisco, CA$898K21.51,519
- 568 Belvedere St San Francisco, CA$1.55M21.1--
- 3400 Grattan St San Francisco, CA$958K21.01,126
- 32 Grattan St San Francisco, CA$1.04M21.01,250
- 48 Grattan St San Francisco, CA$1.62M--3.04,500
- 407 Belvedere St San Francisco, CA$1.74M--1.01,716
- 24 Grattan St San Francisco, CA$2.42M53.03,753
- 415 Belvedere St San Francisco, CA$1.96M--2.02,497
- 1022-1026 Cole St San Francisco, CA$1.89M--3.04,725
- 1006 Cole St San Francisco, CA$1.17M31.01,450
- 401 Belvedere St San Francisco, CA$2.09M--1.02,710
- 1010 Cole St San Francisco, CA$1.09M--1.01,250
Nearby Schools in San Francisco
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
Contact a local agent
Get advice about selling a home
- Premier Agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at 866-324-4005