779 Balra Dr, El Cerrito, CA 945304 beds, 2 baths, 2,014 sqft
Estimated Monthly Payment
Please enter a dollar amount between $0 and $200,000,000
Please enter a percent between 0% and 100%
This home is not currently listed for sale or rent on Zillow.
This unique home is featured in "NorCalMod", a book on Mid-Century Modern architecture!
This steel frame home has walls of glass and is built on top of two steel I-Beams that rest ABOVE a creek ... yes, the creek runs under the home! The home was designed by Beverly David Thorne, the last living architect to have participated in Arts & Architecture's famous Case Study Houses (1945 to 1966), a project to introduce modern architecture to the public. He designed houses, most on steep hillsides and built out of steel. He is most famous for the "Brubeck House" that was featured on the Ed Sullivan show. With the exception of updated flooring, appliances and the downstairs addition, this house is in its original condition.
The steel construction design of the home gives it incredible strength and durability. This also allows the support of glass walls which provide an outstanding view of majestic trees and a garden setting from the front as well as inspiring views of the Bay, San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge and Mount Tampalias from the back. When it rains, you can also witness a breath taking creek that flows magnificently under the house.
This is a 2014 square foot, 4 bedroom, 2.0 bathroom single family home. In addition, there is 1200 square feet of decking to relax and enjoy the views!
This home is located in the Kensington School District.
- Lot: 0.44 acres
- Single Family
- Built in 1962
- Heating: Forced air
- Last sold: May 2007 for $850,000
- Flooring: Carpet, Hardwood
- High Speed Internet Ready
- Parking: Carport, 2 spaces, 346 sqft
- View: City, Mountain, Territorial, Water
- Garbage disposal
- Dining room
- Family room
- Laundry room
- Master bath
- Roof type: Metal
- Room count: 7
- # Stories: 1.0
- Structure type: Modern
- Unit count: 1
- Floor size: 2,014 sqft
- Heating: Gas
- Last remodel year: 1962
- Laundry: In Unit
- Parcel #: 5033400267
- Zillow Home ID: 18527450
- A Zestimate home valuation is Zillow's estimated market value. It is not an appraisal. Use it as a starting point to determine a home's value. Learn more
The Value Range is the high and low estimate market value for which Zillow values a home. The more information, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Don't agree with your home's Zestimate? Owners can edit their home facts to make the Zestimate more accurate. Plus, you can leave an opinion on your Zestimate value below. Just click "Owner Estimate".
- A Rent Zestimate is Zillow's estimated monthly rental price, computed using a proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining the monthly rental price for a specific property. Learn more
The Rent Range is the high and low estimate for which an apartment or home could rent. The more information we have, the smaller the range, and the more accurate the Rent Zestimate. See data coverage and accuracy table
Neighborhood for 779 Balra Drive
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In 94530, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold is 4% lower than in El Cerrito, and 51.5% less than the national average. This lower local number could help 94530 home values rise more quickly than other regions in El Cerrito.
Learn more about forecast calculations or 94530 home values.
- 781 Balra Dr El Cerrito, CA$1.28M533,383
- 787 Balra Dr El Cerrito, CA$801K521,955
- 7486 Terrace Dr El Cerrito, CA$597K321,594
- 7482 Terrace Dr El Cerrito, CA$662K321,469
- 783 Balra Dr El Cerrito, CA$879K33.52,131
- 7474 Terrace Dr El Cerrito, CA$671K321,304
- 790 Balra Dr El Cerrito, CA$601K21.51,278
- 769 Balra Dr El Cerrito, CA$1.05M532,196
- 785 Balra Dr El Cerrito, CA$933K633,000
- 7466 Terrace Dr El Cerrito, CA$696K21.51,752
- 784 Balra Dr El Cerrito, CA$752K41.52,214
- 780 Balra Dr El Cerrito, CA$699K331,639
- 776 Balra Dr El Cerrito, CA$823K42.52,350
- 7515 Terrace Dr El Cerrito, CA$576K211,118
- 7458 Terrace Dr El Cerrito, CA$600K311,246
- 7505 Terrace Dr El Cerrito, CA$663K311,639
- 780 Colusa Ave El Cerrito, CA$824K422,175
- 7522 Terrace Dr El Cerrito, CA$668K31.51,857
- 770 Balra Dr El Cerrito, CA$919K542,651
- 776 Colusa Ave El Cerrito, CA$734K321,708
Nearby Schools in El Cerrito
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
Get a professional estimate
- About these agents
- These listing agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at (855) 840-3292