873 Purdy Aly, Columbus, OH 43206
Sold on 7/18/12: $168,000
- Bedrooms:1 bed
- Bathrooms:1 bath
- Single Family:924 sq ft
- Lot:1,437 sqft
- Year Built:1920
- Last Sold:Jul 2012 for $168,000
- Heating Type:Contact for details
Uneven brick sidewalks, narrow tree-lined streets and alleys, small gardens, Queen Anne-style buildings and sturdy red-brick cottages, a ?Meeting Haus,? (visitor?s center), delis, bakeries, bookshops and specialty shops comprise the very unique German Village situated south of downtown Columbus.
German Village?s business district runs mainly along Third Street boasting many locally-owned establishments that illustrate the areas dedication to community. Despite the area businesses, German Village maintains a cozy, residential feel.
At the southern end of German Village is Schiller Park, not only a great place to take the kids or walk the dog, but perfect for a picnic with a Shakespeare performance as the backdrop during the Shakespeare in the Park summer season. In June, the German Village Haus und Garten Tour showcases the neighborhoods stunning homes and gardens. The day-long celebration spotlights innovative design and award-winning restorations. Along the tour, guests can stop for gardening demonstrations, take a detour through the Marketplatz to shop or watch members of the Central Ohio Watercolor Society paint their masterpieces for the annual watercolor competition.
When autumn arrives it?s time for the German Village Oktoberfest. The celebration unites this thriving urban neighborhood in a time-honored German tradition that pays tribute to the customs of the original founders.
- Basement TypeUnknown
- Floor CoveringUnknown
- Days on Zillow598
- Exterior MaterialWood
- Last Remodel Year1992
- Lot Depth47
- Lot Width31
- Neighborhood NameGerman Village
- Parcel #010027781
- Room Count4
- School DistrictColumbus
- # Stories2.0
- Unit Count1
- Zillow Home ID33841344
|Value||Range||30-day change||$/sqft||Last updated|
|Zestimate What's this?||$155,057||$133K – $171K||-$1,868||$167||03/04/2014|
|Rent Zestimate What's this?||$1,142/mo||$788 – $1.4K/mo||-$3||$1.24||03/03/2014|
Zillow predicts German Village Commission home values will increase 5.1% next year, compared to a 1.3% rise for Columbus as a whole. Among German Village Commission homes, this home is valued 47.9% less than the midpoint (median) home, and is valued 6.2% less per square foot.
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In the German Village Commission market, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold fell 22.4% in the last year. The number of unsold foreclosures is 38.9% less than in Columbus, and 49.4% greater than the national average. This lower local number could help German Village Commission home values rise more quickly than other regions in Columbus.
Learn more about forecast calculations or German Village Commission home values.
Neighborhood for 873 Purdy Aly
- 880 S 5th St Columbus, OH$375K22.11,419
- 870 S 5th St Columbus, OH$436K32.01,739
- 874 S 5th St Columbus, OH$311K31.51,244
- 866 S 5th St Columbus, OH$252K21.51,280
- 880 Purdy Aly Columbus, OH$180K11.51,102
- 235 Lansing St Columbus, OH$244K32.01,553
- 862 S 5th St Columbus, OH$231K11.11,070
- 234 E Whittier St Columbus, OH$249K21.11,469
- 239 Lansing St Columbus, OH$512K33.52,055
- 858 S 5th St Columbus, OH$466K32.52,204
- 238 E Whittier St Columbus, OH$277K53.52,589
- 227 E Whittier St Columbus, OH$300K31.52,028
- 245 Lansing St Columbus, OH$340K31.51,915
- 244 E Whittier St Columbus, OH$248K32.01,548
- 228 Lansing St Columbus, OH$291K21.51,422
- 244 E Whittier St Columbus, OH$197K22.01,362
- 247 Lansing St Columbus, OH$455K22.52,247
- 850 S 5th St Columbus, OH$379K22.01,618
- 236 Lansing St Columbus, OH$233K21.51,325
- 873 S 5th St Columbus, OH$251K22.01,465
Nearby Schools in Columbus
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
Contact a local agent
Get advice about selling a home
- Premier Agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at 866-324-4005