886 56th St, Oakland, CA 94608
Sold on 10/22/13: $580,000
- Bedrooms:2 beds
- Bathrooms:2 baths
- Single Family:1,233 sq ft
- Lot:3,659 sqft
- Year Built:1908
- Last Sold:Oct 2013 for $580,000
- Heating Type:Forced air
People are keenly interested in making sure their neighborhood has a name. But what about those streets that could be Rockridge or Temescal? Try calling it Baja Rockridge! And those boundaries between the Golden Gate and Santa Fe districts can be hard to define. For those who live between downtown Oakland and Berkeley and just want to avoid the debate, you can just proudly proclaim that you live in North Oakland.
North Oakland includes such well-known neighborhoods as Rockridge, Piedmont Avenue, Temescal and Golden Gate. There are some neighborhoods that are so specific, like Idora Park, that the public at large isn?t even aware of them.
What is great about using North Oakland is that catches the best of each of those neighborhoods, and all the good stuff that falls in between. North Oakland includes such unique places as green sustainable Nomad Café on Shattuck, the wonderfully eclectic Ace Ellis Hardware on Martin Luther King, Sweet Adeline Bakeshop for decadent delectables, longtime favorite Lois the Pie Queen (try the chicken and waffles!),and the White Horse Inn on Telegraph, which is the second oldest LGBT bar in the country. And there are street fairs and farmers markets galore!
A great way to keep up with everything going on in North Oakland is to bookmark OaklandNorth.net, a project of the journalism school at UC Berkeley. Their up-to-the-minute coverage often rivals the major dailies, especially on stories of great interest to North Oaklanders.
From its Mediterranean climate, with warm days cooled off by bay breezes, North Oakland is situated perfectly within the Bay Area. Not only is it close to Berkeley and Emeryville, but San Francisco is a quick BART ride away. And Highways 580, 80 and 24 point you in the right direction when you need to get out of town. North Oakland is quite flat in most areas, making it very bike-friendly, and there are car-sharing programs when your bike-basket isn?t big enough.
- ParkingGarage - Detached, Off street
- Basement TypeUnfinished
- Floor CoveringHardwood, Linoleum / Vinyl, Tile
- Fenced Yard
- Sprinkler System
- Appliances IncludedDishwasher, Dryer, Range / Oven, Refrigerator, Washer
- Room TypesLaundry room, Master bath, Office, Workshop
- Covered Parking Spaces1
- Days on Zillow139
- Elementary SchoolCall School District
- Exterior MaterialStucco
- Construction Quality6.0
- High SchoolCall School District
- Last Remodel Year2010
- LaundryIn Unit
- Middle SchoolCall School District
- Neighborhood NameNorth Oakland
- Parcel #015 128401700
- Roof TypeOther
- Room Count6
- School DistrictOakland (510) 879-8111
- # Stories1.0
- Structure TypeBungalow
- Unit Count1
- Zillow Home ID24754191
|Value||Range||30-day change||$/sqft||Last updated|
|Zestimate What's this?||$488,503||$440K – $518K||+$522||$396||03/06/2014|
|Rent Zestimate What's this?||$2,403/mo||$1.7K – $3K/mo||+$72||$1.95||03/03/2014|
Zillow predicts Santa Fe home values will increase 4.8% next year, compared to a 7.7% increase for Oakland as a whole. Among Santa Fe homes, this home is valued 4.6% more than the midpoint (median) home, and is valued 27.4% more per square foot.
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In the Santa Fe market, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold decreased 47.4% in the last year. The number of unsold foreclosures is 8.4% higher than in Oakland, and 15.4% greater than the national average. This higher local number may prevent Santa Fe home values from rising as quickly as other regions in Oakland.
Learn more about forecast calculations or Santa Fe home values.
Neighborhood for 886 56th Street
- 3 beds, 2.0 baths
2,023 sqft, 4,791 sqft lot, built in 1916
- 3 beds, 2.0 baths
- 890 56th St Oakland, CA$463K21.01,229
- 882 56th St Oakland, CA$469K32.01,738
- 894 56th St Oakland, CA$579K43.02,321
- 878 56th St Oakland, CA$434K21.01,263
- 893 56th St Oakland, CA$442K21.0815
- 885 Aileen St Oakland, CA$438K31.01,223
- 883 Aileen St Oakland, CA$471K21.01,094
- 887 Aileen St Oakland, CA$446K21.01,041
- 881 Aileen St Oakland, CA$472K21.01,093
- 898 56th St Oakland, CA$466K21.01,257
- 893 56th St Oakland, CA$429K21.0815
- 5618 Market St Oakland, CA$401K21.0893
- 876 56th St Oakland, CA$475K21.51,114
- 897 56th St Oakland, CA$417K21.0836
- 879 Aileen St Oakland, CA$436K21.0988
- 873 Aileen St Oakland, CA$557K31.01,506
- 5624 Market St Oakland, CA$279K21.0893
- 873 Aileen St Oakland, CA$529K53.01,150
- 889 56th St Oakland, CA$449K31.01,580
- 5630 Market St Oakland, CA$470K22.01,389
Nearby Schools in Oakland
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
Contact a local agent
Get advice about selling a home
- Premier Agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at 866-324-4005