907 W Connecticut St, Bellingham, WA 98225
Sold on 4/2/13: $297,500
- Bedrooms:3 beds
- Bathrooms:2 baths
- Multi Family:1,312 sq ft
- Lot:5,000 sqft
- Year Built:1927
- Last Sold:Apr 2013 for $297,500
- Heating Type:Forced air, Stove
Not one but TWO houses on this Urban Homestead lot.
The main house is a two bedroom one bath, 720 sqft classic Bellingham bungalow. This house has been completely remodeled since it was last purchased in 2008.
The original wood floors were refinished and ebonized (see pictures). Rather than opting for a generic wood or gas insert a small cast iron wood stove fits inside the existing fireplace. The stove not only adds a ton of character to the living space but allows you to cook or make tea on the built in cooking hob. Even with a power outage you will have the ability to cook and heat the house. Plumbing has been installed from the fire place to the water heater allowing the wood stove to also provide hotwater (this has not been hooked up).
The kitchen was doubled in size and includes salvaged solid wood (no particle board) cabinets with new hardware, FSC certified paperstone countertops, stainless steel drain board sink, new faucet, custom pantry shelving, and HUGE south facing windows with deep sill for starting plants for garden. In one corner the existing fireplace brick has been exposed and radiates mild heat with every fire in the wood stove. The cold slate flooring, and 3 other floors below this, were removed and replaced with ebonized oak flooring that is continuous from the living room.
The bathroom was completely gutted to studs. New cast iron tub, classic white subway tile shower surround and wainscoting, porcelain floor tiles, a bright skylight and inline exhaust fan make this room top notch. The existing pedestal sink, a vintage medicine cabinet vanity and light help to keep the charm. The existing fireplace brick was also exposed in this room.
The laundry room was renovated in 2012. This provides laundry directly off the main house but has dedicated exterior entrance for centrally located shared laundry between the two houses.
The exterior the house is original cedar beveled siding which is in decent shape and will last many decades. The roof is corrugated metal panels.
The mother and law is a completely detached one bedroom one bath, with a large living room/ kitchen great room. The kitchen has a LARGE pantry which can be used as additional storage. The living room has 3 skylights, a sliding glass door to the garden and a gas fireplace that heats the entire house. The bathroom has a HUGE bath tub with tile shower surround, tile floors and a skylight. The bedroom is also HUGE and has a decent sized closet. There is also a built-in laundry closet. This house is much newer than the main house. It is extremely efficient and well insulated. Currently it is rented for $650 a month but could be rented for as much as $750 - $800 a month. We are just picky with our tenants.
The yard has been the largest renovation since the purchase in 2008. The existing yard was a mud bog. The new yard has a salvaged concrete covered patio and garden pathways, two private lawn areas (one for each house), extensive organic gardens, chicken run and coop, new shed (total of 2), cedar raspberry trellises and covered potting bench. The perennial plantings are almost completely fruit bearing and include strawberries, 2 varieties of raspberries, 3 varieties of blueberries, black currents, rubarb, apples ( 2.5 trees), kiwi, and hops. Not really much more to say other than you have to see this garden to appreciate it.
Work that will be completed at the point of sale will include painting of the exterior and the replacement of 2 bedroom windows.
If you would like more information or pictures please inquire. I would love to show the house.
The property is ideally located in the Cornwall park neighborhood for gentle urban living. This portion of the neighborhood is considered the Fountain District and is the latest master planned area of the City, encouraging mixed use urban development which has attracted a few new restaurants and businesses
- ParkingGarage - Detached, Off street, On street
- Basement TypeUnknown
- Floor CoveringCarpet, Hardwood, Tile
- Vaulted Ceiling
- Ceiling Fan
- Double Pane/Storm Windows
- Fenced Yard
- Appliances IncludedDishwasher, Dryer, Freezer, Garbage disposal, Microwave, Range / Oven, Refrigerator, Washer
- Roof TypeMetal
- School DistrictBellingham
- # Stories1.0
- Structure TypeBungalow
- Unit Count1
- Zillow Home ID23623411
- HeatingGas, Wood / pellet
- High SchoolBellingham
- Last Remodel Year2012
- LaundryIn Unit
- Middle SchoolWhatcom
- Neighborhood NameCornwall Park
- Parcel #3803190451760000
- Days on Zillow348
- Elementary SchoolColumbia Elementary
- Exterior MaterialStucco, Wood
- Garage Size572
|Value||Range||30-day change||$/sqft||Last updated|
|Zestimate What's this?||$302,600||$278K – $327K||-$2,115||$230||03/13/2014|
|Rent Zestimate What's this?||$1,345/mo||$915 – $1.6K/mo||-$20||$1.03||03/10/2014|
Zillow predicts Cornwall Park home values will increase 2.2% next year, compared to a 1.6% increase for Bellingham as a whole. Among Cornwall Park homes, this home is valued 6.7% more than the midpoint (median) home, and is valued 20.9% more per square foot.
Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In the Cornwall Park market, the number of foreclosures waiting to be sold fell 1.2% in the last year. The number of unsold foreclosures is 85.5% less than in Bellingham, and 89.9% less than the national average. This lower local number could help Cornwall Park home values rise more quickly than other regions in Bellingham.
Learn more about forecast calculations or Cornwall Park home values.
Neighborhood for 907 W Connecticut Street
- 901 W Connecticut St Bellingham, WA$304K42.01,648
- 2623 Vallette St Bellingham, WA$234K11.01,118
- 2615 Vallette St Bellingham, WA$231K21.0825
- 2626 Peabody St Bellingham, WA$262K31.01,564
- 913 W Connecticut St Bellingham, WA$268K32.01,244
- 2701 Vallette St Bellingham, WA$250K21.01,716
- 2618 Peabody St Bellingham, WA$228K21.0860
- 2611 Vallette St Bellingham, WA$230K21.0966
- 2616 Peabody St Bellingham, WA$293K31.51,556
- 2700 Peabody St Bellingham, WA$232K21.0864
- 2707 Vallette St Bellingham, WA$286K32.01,410
- 2610 Peabody St Bellingham, WA$286K41.01,262
- 2609 Vallette St Bellingham, WA$282K21.04,792
- 2704 Peabody St Bellingham, WA$231K21.0823
- 815 W Connecticut St Bellingham, WA$244K21.0900
- 2608 Peabody St Bellingham, WA$230K21.0768
- 2710 Peabody St Bellingham, WA$224K31.01,200
- 2715 Vallette St Bellingham, WA$229K21.0741
- 2622 Vallette St Bellingham, WA$231K21.01,065
- 906 W North St Bellingham, WA$213K31.0962
Nearby Schools in Bellingham
Data by GreatSchools.org ?
Contact a local agent
Get advice about selling a home
- Premier Agents specialize in this area and can get you a market value for this home and answer your questions.
Are you an agent looking for more exposure for yourself or your listings? Call Zillow at 866-324-4005