The following terms apply to both the Home Valuation API, Property Details API, Mortgage API and Postings API (defined below), to the extent you are approved for one, the other, or both versions of the Zillow API. Additional terms, set forth in Section 14 below, apply only to the Property Details API.
1. Zillow API.
The Zillow API is Zillow's service that allows preapproved licensees to retrieve certain data regarding residential real estate and mortgages in the United States of America ("Zillow Data"). The Zillow API consists of multiple application program interfaces for retrieving various Zillow Data, grouped generally into calls to retrieve valuation data (the "Home Valuation API"), calls to receive attributes about particular properties (the "Property Details API"), calls to receive information about mortgage rates (the "Mortgage API"), and calls to receive information about homes posted for sale (the "Postings API"). These items are further defined in the Home Valuation API home page, Property Details API home page, Mortgage API home page, and Zillow API Branding Requirements. Zillow may release subsequent versions of the Zillow API and require you to obtain and use the most recent version. New versions may not be compatible with your previous implementation. Zillow will identify releases at www.zillow.com/howto/api/APIOverview.htm.
2. License to Zillow API & Data.
- All calls to the Zillow API must reference the ZWSID issued to you as an approved licensee.
- If you are using a general developer ZWSID pursuant to Zillow's alpha program, when notified by Zillow you must request, obtain and utilize a unique ZWSID.
- You agree that you will provide the Zillow Data to users on "as is" terms, with disclaimers substantially equivalent to those set forth in Sections 7 and 8.
- You agree to keep the ZWSID confidential, and not to share it with any third party. This license is personal to you, and any affiliates must seek and obtain their own license and ZWSID.
- You may not implement the Zillow API or distribute the Zillow Data on mobile apps.
- You may present the Zillow Data only on a transactional basis. You will not permit your users to access the Zillow Data in bulk.
- You may not retain any copies of the Zillow Data. Your license to Zillow Data is limited to making direct server calls to Zillow for the Zillow Data and to distributing the Zillow Data to your end user on your Web site(s), immediately upon receipt by your servers.
- You may not present the Zillow Data (or permit the Zillow Data to be presented) so that it appears to be available from a third party Web site.
- You may not use the Zillow Data for direct marketing (i.e., mailing) or telemarketing lists.
- You may not separate address information from the Zestimate® or Rent Zestimate valuation for the property at that address or the for-sale or for-rent information, if applicable.
- You may not separately extract and provide or otherwise use data elements from the Zillow Data to enhance the data files of third parties.
- You further agree not to otherwise reproduce, modify, distribute, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any portion of the Zillow API or any data provided by Zillow.
3. License to Zillow Brand & Links.
You agree, and Zillow grants you a license, to implement the Zillow name, logo(s), and links to the Zillow website (the "Zillow Brand & Links") on any Web page incorporating the Zillow API and/or Zillow Data, in accordance with the Zillow API Network Branding Requirements.
4. Acceptable Use.
You agree not to use the Zillow API, Zillow Data, or Zillow Brand & Links in any way that is unlawful, or harms Zillow, its service providers, its suppliers, your end users, or any other person. Further, pursuant to Section 10 below, Zillow may terminate your use of the Zillow API, Zillow Data and Zillow Brand & Links if and when Zillow determines that your use is inappropriate.
5. Limited Relationship.
7. NO WARRANTY.
ZILLOW PROVIDES THE ZILLOW API, ZILLOW DATA, AND ZILLOW BRAND & LINKS "AS IS," "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE," AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ZILLOW AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ZILLOW AND ITS SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (A) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE.
8. LIABILITY LIMITATION; EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
9. Intellectual Property.
The Zillow API, Zillow Data, and Zillow Brand & Links are the property of Zillow, and subject to the intellectual property rights of Zillow and its licensors. (c) 2006-2014 Zillow, Inc. All rights reserved.
Zillow may change, suspend or discontinue the Zillow API and suspend or terminate your use of the Zillow API, Zillow Data, and/or Zillow Brand & Links at any time for any reason, without notice. You may also terminate by ceasing to use the Zillow API, Zillow Data, and Zillow Brand & Links, removing implementation of the Zillow API from your Web site(s), and deleting all copies of the Zillow Data and Zillow Brand & Links.
12. Choice of Law; Disputes.
14. Property Details API Terms.
You agree to the following terms, only with respect to the Property Details API:
- You may not use the Zillow Data to provide a service for other businesses.
- You must use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent the Zillow Data from being downloaded in bulk or otherwise scraped. Such efforts include "spider traps," "C.A.P.T.C.H.A.," velocity checks, source IP analysis, or other methods that are as effective.
- You may present data on no more than 20 individual properties at a time to any given user (e.g., per Web page).