Lima Central Catholic High School

720 South Cable Road, Lima, OH 45805
(419) 222-4276

(out of 10)

Private Grades 9-12 332 students 11 students/teacher (OH avg is 18)

Test Scores by grade

About this school

Lima Central Catholic High School is a private high school in Lima. The principal of Lima Central Catholic High School is Dr. KATHLEEN HERPICH, whose e-mail is 332 children attend Lima Central Catholic High School and identify as White, non-Hispanic; Multiracial; and Hispanic. The ratio of students to teachers at Lima Central Catholic High School is 11:1. Apollo Career Center is one of the nearest high schools.

Student Ethnicities

Ethnicity School District
White, non-Hispanic 81% %
Multiracial 4% %
Hispanic 2% %
Black, non-Hispanic 13% %
Asian/Pacific Islander 0.8% %
Native American or Native Alaskan 0.5% %
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander 0.5% %
Asian 0% %

Community ratings & reviews

  • (2 years ago)

    This is by far the best school academically in the Lima area. In the past four years the sophomores have had a record 100% passage rate on the OGT. Compare that to Lima Senior High's 53%.

  • (2 years ago)

    LCC consistently has the highest Ohio Graduation Test scores in all of Allen County. Their College of Campus program can save thousands in college tuition and give graduates a head start in their college career. But the best attribute of this school is the environment it provides for the kids to learn and excel.

  • (3 years ago)

    I graduated Class of 1961. The four parishes in Lima joined into one high school. it was so much fun meeting all the kids from all around Lima. High school was awesome. I am sure all schools have problems with kids falling behind. With a good tutoring program during summer and also private tutors kids can keep up with their grades for college. The students must be taught that their education is the most important thing in their life during these 4 years. There is nothing more important than a good education and a college degree. Even at my age I was able to write a book and have it published on Kindle- and use the life long skills we learn in school. The book is called "My Journey Home - The Forgotten Voyager"..I hope you get a chance to read this book. It begins in my hometown Lima Ohio and how we grew up during the times after the depression. God bless the children and their future.

  • (4 years ago)

    In 2010 only 36% of students passed AP exams leaving a 64% failure rate with no possibility of obtaining college credit. Of the students who stayed in Ohio for college 58% of the graduating class of 2008 had to enroll in remedial math and/or English classes in college according to the Ohio Board of Regents. The report for the class of 2009 will be published in fall of 2011. A change in administration is needed immediately for this school to survive. We left the school for a school that would provide a true preparation for college.

  • (9 years ago)

    A great high school that has excellent staff and excellent Ohio Graduation test scores. Academics are great and prepare kids for college well. Athletics are great with a greatly improved football team and a cross country team that finished high at state. Overall a great choice for your childs high school.

  • (12 years ago)

    Building on to make this old school better. State of the art Science and Technology Wing Gym and a new Chapel will help the student enviroment

See all reviews on GreatSchools

Overall score

(based on 8 ratings & reviews)

  • Teacher quality
  • Principal leadership
  • Parent involvement


Elementary Schools

Middle Schools

High Schools