About Our Rates
Today's interest rates are not tomorrow's interest rates. Rates change all the time. That's why looking at real-time mortgage rates are important, because a percentage point or a fraction of a point can mean a difference in the cost of the house you want to buy.
Zillow Mortgage Marketplace is different in many ways. To highlight, we have:
- Up-to-the-second rates: We show mortgage rates consumers are being quoted right now. Not in an hour or a day or next week, but now. We display real-time rates as they happen.
- Real rates: Rates on Zillow Mortgage Marketplace are compiled from real rates being given to borrowers in real-time. These are not low teaser or marketing rates designed to pull you in and trick you. These are actual rates being given to real people right now.
- Huge sampling: Our national rates are taken from thousands of quotes from lenders across the country. They are not just limited samples from a few banks.
- State-level rates: We display national mortgage rates, but also real, up-to-the minute rates at a state level, too.
- Anonymous, yet custom, rate shopping: Zillow is unique in that it provides custom results in a completely anonymous way. Borrowers submit a detailed loan request and instantly receive lots of quotes, customized to their specific loan situation. No one knows their identity unless they contact a lender.
- Interactive charts: Borrowers can see how mortgage rates have changed historically, viewing rates by day, week, month, or 3-month increments. Just filter on loan type (30-year fixed, 15-year fixed, 5/1 ARM); credit rating, percent down, location, and time frame and charts morph before your eyes as new information is entered. (See our interactive mortgage rate chart).
Note: Rates displayed in Zillow Mortgage Marketplace rate charts and graphs are based on quotes for borrowers with a credit score over 720 who requested a conventional, fully-amortized loan for an owner-occupied, single family residence with a maximum loan-to-value ratio of 80% and a loan amount between $200,000 and $417,000.