I'm currently attending Norwalk High and those of you that think this school is bad let me get a few things straight. This particular school has received an 'Excellent with Distinction' report card. If you did'nt know that is the highest ranking you can get. We were aiming for only excellent but we went even further and received the best there is. If I didn't like this school i would tell you. Personally I think this school is probably the best around. I am a senior this year and we were givin laptops to do our school work on. This is not because our school is run by bad teachers and administrators but the opposite. truly if you want your student to have a good education send them to Norwalk high. Go Truckers!!!
Norwalk High School is a public high school in Norwalk. The principal of Norwalk High School is Bradley E. Cooley and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. 815 students attend Norwalk High School and are mostly White, non-Hispanic; Hispanic; and Black, non-Hispanic. 30% of the 815 students here are classified as "economically disadvantaged", and 39% are paying reduced lunch prices. The student to teacher ratio at Norwalk High School is 19:1. Edison High School is one of the nearest high schools.
- Ceramics sculpture
- Computer arts
- Drawing painting
- Theater drama
- Cross country
- P.E. classes
|Native American or Native Alaskan||0.1%||0.2%|
|Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander||0%||%|
|Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program||39%||51%|
I believe that people who don't like this school have a problem. It has it's struggles like every other school but over all it is one of the nicest schools around. The security has improved a LOT! Now people can't just walk in because we have security lock systems on during the day. Also there is a lot of support at NHS. When a tragedy happens such as the loss of a student they are quick to set up a TRAGEDY team to help students who need help with the tragedy. Also most of the teachers work above and beyond to help the students do as best as they can. They even stay after school 2 days a week and anyone who feels that they need help in a subject can go down to the cafeteria for extra help. 1 downside is the loss of classes due to limited faculty.
I am currently a student of Norwalk High School. I believe its probably the best high school for this area Although we don't have very high security here at our school it is true that anyone could walk right in..
I feel Bob Duncan is the best Principal in every way - he truly cares about the students and NHS. He is a rare breed and schools in Ohio need more like him. The faculty is an 'iffy' subject; I would say 90% of the teachers at NHS have the 'Duncan Quality' however the other 10% refuse to go beyond minimal requirements when dealing with students communication with parents etc. As far as level of parent involvement well I think that depends strongly on what your last name is - whether you are even contacted to get involved even after volunteering! Our sports programs are fine. Overall we think NHS is a great place.
The Principal has shown poor leadership over the years. The school has floundered in the continuous improve category for years with minimal if any improvement over the years. Many tenured teachers have left because of the poor administration. The school is dominated by well-meaning but inexperienced teachers. Thing hard before sending your children here.
The school administration is excellent and works wery well with the students. Principal Bob Duncan cares about the students and has created a very positive learning environment for those that want to learn. The Performing Arts Center is second to none. The teachers at the school are willing to work with the students above and beyond the normal class time. The sports programs are well run and the facilities are the best in the area. The school receives great support from the city and the community as a whole. Parents can be as involved in the school activities as they want to be.
Norwalk high is the one of the worst schools in ohio. The teachers don't work with the parents. Bob Duncan runs the school like a correctional officer instead of a teacher.
This school does not watch the children. Poor communication with parents. No outside society. Anyone can walk in or out the school with out notice.
Norwalk High has a great program in place and the teachers are wonderful. Mr. Duncan goes out of his way to accommodate parents and students and he is to be commmended for his A-1 job at NHS.