This typically happens when a listing has been removed - not because it sold - it could have been expired and no longer for sale, they could be changing to another agent or could be taking a break from marketing. It could have never been for sale. If it was previously listed, the best resource for a status update is the listing agent. If you have an agent, as your agent to contact the previous list agent.
Please do post a reply and finish your question. You haven't signed papers "over" to new owners if you have simply accepted a contract. Typical contracts have an inspection period and cancellation period that outlines rights to back out (or not). Please finish your question and perhaps you'll get better answers. Did you have an agent? did you receive an offer? how long ago etc.
Do you know who the lien holder is? Some have a reputation for taking longer than others because they either have more red tape/bureaucracy built into their process or because they don't have a formal process at all. Of course one lender having a reputation for taking longer doesn't mean that they are always slow- but it might give you a good basis of estimation how much longer if you could compare it with known cases from same lein holder.you might just ask the listing agent if they know how long that entity typically takes. Who is the lein holder?
If you decide to buy it you certainly could make that a requirement of your offer that you have the right to carefully and professionally siding from a specific location in order to inspect the area and then replace the siding. You'd have to own some responsibility in issues that arise from damage to siding during this process. the seller may not agree, they would have the right to refuse but it would be one of many options.I too would think that if there were damage from this exposure that there would also be evidence of such damage. but....it would be worse to just accept it and dismiss the possibility without checking and discover you are wrong than to check it and find nothing. There are inspectors that have infrared or thermal imaging or other tools that look for moisture inside walls...that's an option too. whatever you do- determine up front if you are going to require something special with the inspections and get it written in as a term of your offer.
Well since this thread has been "revived"...might as well comment too.I look at it this way. The spot on the ground where my house is located has most likely been here a million on so years. It might have had higher or lower evalvation and perhaps was covered by water at one time. Chances are pretty good that someone died near this spot in the history or the world and if ghosts do hang around where they were killed then there is no place on earth that would seemingly be a "ghost free zone" so...make peace with it and decide if this location and other details are otherwise appealing and acceptable.
I don't see a deterrent to having the drain but I certainly see a deterrent to evidence of the water not being redirected. The prospective buyer that can see the trench is needed won't be exicted about the need to put it in. It is one of those things that isn't fully appreciated when it is there but is sorely missed when it is needed and not there.buyers who have lived with drainage issue will appreciate it.
You can ask your agent to call the Listing agent again to ask for a response and then follow that with contact to the listing agent's broker if it is not received within 24 hours. Even if the answer is the seller wants more time to think on it and is ignoring your deadline...that deserves a response. I have been known to show up at another agent's office when I felt my offer was being ignored. Your agent has the right in many states (at least this is the case here) to request to be present when the list agent presents the offer to the seller. That right does not allow me to speak or communicate otherwise but it does allow me to know that the offer was really presented. So....ask your agent to speak with their broker and see what else they can do. the lack of response is unprofessional and unacceptable. It may be innocent and may have no purpose other than they didn't want to respond but you'll never know if that is the case or if the agent didn't even present the offer unless someone pushes on this. Even if the response is simply a "no" and they aren't interested in countering to your offer, a response is expected.I have used this right once. In that case, it was clear that my client's offer had never been presented. We'd like to think that this is not the case here- but if nobody confirms, then there's no way to know.
There are still lenders out there that provide preapprovals which are meaningless. It is very possible that the seller is simply seeking to verify that the offers are truly backed by buyers that can qualify for the loan and can close the deal before they accept one and take it off the market. Asking for loan approval with a known trusted lender is not the same as asking to switch to that lender. As mentioned previously...you don't "have" to do it, but they don't "have" to accept an offer that doesn't meet their requests either. I know that there are a list of lenders that make me nervous- there is at least one that if I were selling my house, I wouldn't accept a preapproval from as anything other than a blank piece of paper. I've seen that lender have too many deals that fall apart at the last minute or drag on for 45+ days, meanwhile the seller has moved out of their house in anticipation of a closing that didn't happen or was grossly delayed.
That would be unacceptable and the builder should correct it. Bring it to their attention as soon as possible so that it can be resolved early. The longer it is allowed to continue the worse and more correction will be needed. Refer to your contract, it outlines all of your inspection rights. You should have the right to inspect the house after it's completed but there is no need to wait until completion for that, get it fixed now. treated and remediated, which most likely will be replacement of sheetrock /affected areas- not just "treating" it. afterall this is NEW construction. it needs to be done right.
I was just thinking how a question like this would inspire many people in many markets to say ...wherever they are is a good place to buy.in addition to finding a hot rental market...consider a place with the resources to help you remotely manage it and a place that you'll want to be stuck with a property if the rental market slows. not just where houses are renting fast. If you have to personally deal with something, how much are you going to spend in time and money to get there, do it etc