The All-Star badge is given to top contributors of the Zillow community. These are active Zillow users who share their real estate knowledge and help others by contributing high-quality content. The more and better the contributions, the more likely an award will be granted. Users' contributions can be seen in their profiles.
Kate helped me both list my previous home and buy my current home. She was a wonderful combo of professional and warm, efficient and supportive through a very difficult time. I'm so happy in my new home. I recommend her highly.
Sold a Single Family home in 2010 in Essex Fells, NJ.
My husband and I asked Kate to help us sell our house. We had just met her by accident. She proved to be extremely professional, extremely thorough and very concscience of our time since we both work long hours.
Her expertise was amazing and she learned so much about our house so she could relay to any prospective buyers. Kate is bright, focused, and worked very hard to make sure we were happy, which we were. We have referred to other people and they too feel the same way. We were so impressed from the minute we met her. She answered her phone right away when we called, which was very imporant to us.
She was unfamiliar with our house and neighorhood and took alot of time learning about our house. And she did learn it in quick time.
Bought a Single Family home in 2005 for approximately $375K in Montclair, NJ.
We really enjoyed worked with Kate when we bought our first house. She understood what we were looking for and helped us navigate the unfamiliar waters until we found it. If we decide to look again, Kate would be the first person we call.
Sold a Single Family home in 2014 for approximately $475K in Bloomfield, NJ.
Kate Lemmer did an awesome job for us, and we recommend her without reservation!
She was positive—assuring us that we had a beautiful home—but she was also honest with us that our home would be challenging to sell.
- Highest priced home and largest lot size on our street
- Not completely updated
- Economy was still very weak when we put it on the market
- Real estate was selling slower in our town than in surrounding towns
She knew what she was doing and gave us good advice.
- She stressed that we had to radically declutter and clean out our home
- Helped us figure out what we had to fix, and what was not that important
- Guided us in setting a realistic price for our home.
- When it became clear that the initial price we had chosen was too high, she guided us how much to drop the price (only one price cut was needed)
- Directed us to good contractors to do needed repairs on our home
She hired excellent people to help us present our home in the on-line listing (with their fees coming out of her commission)
- An interior designer to give us advice on making our home as attractive as possible
- A professional who drew an attractive floor plan of our home for the listing
- A photographer who displayed our home in excellent photos
She hung in there with us and continued to work very hard to sell our home.
- It took 7 months until our house was under contract. We can’t remember how many open houses she held for us, both in the fall and the spring!
- It took 3 more months to get to closing. By that time we had moved to another state, but Kate and her assistant handled the many necessary meetings with town officials, inspectors, contractors, etc. so that we could get to the closing with a minimum of trips to New Jersey.
She was accessible and understanding.
- We could usually talk with her immediately. If she couldn't talk right then, she would text us or call back soon.
- Her assistant was also available to help us with many details, especially as we got closer to the closing
- She let us vent, and encouraged us during the long months with few buyers looking at our home, and no offers
- She helped us believe in the beauty and value of our home for the right buyer, and to hang in there until that buyer came along
Bought a Single Family home in 2014 for approximately $600K in Glen Ridge, NJ.
Kate recently helped my family purchase our home in Glen Ridge after a long search. Her knowledge of the area, expertise of the real estate market and patience with us as we determined our needs was reassuring. She was always responsive to our questions and concerns and made what can be a challenging process less stressful. We would highly recommend Kate to anyone looking for a realtor.
Bought a Single Family home in 2014 for approximately $700K in Montclair, NJ.
Kate is one if the best in the market place. She is very responsive and thorough. She always puts her client interests first. We had an opportunity to get a first look at a new construction house. She was able to secure the deal and allowed for an easy transition. She pushed the builders to include several add ons that made the house well above builder grade. All paper work and documents were completed in a timely fashion. It was a very smooth process.
Sold a Single Family home in 2014 for approximately $1.075M in Montclair, NJ.
Kate both took control of our sales process in a most efficient manner and she also listened to us when we wanted to add or adjust that process. The result was our receiving an outstanding offer. She also learned everything there is to know about in-ground oil storage tanks which will help her with similar situations in the future.
I recommend her highly to others.
We are very happy with Kate and recommend her to all our friends and family. Recently we bought our first home. We are not experts in this process and had many questions. Kate was excellent at guiding us, explaining things several times, and providing useful information to help us make informed and wise decisions. We felt she was on our side and not just wanting to sell. Kate listened carefully and respected our budget constrain. We were on her customized automated property list and got to see new properties as they became available. We had an excellent experience and would not hesitate recommending her and/or using her expertise again in the future.
Sold a Single Family home in 2012 in Glen Ridge, NJ.
We used Kate to buy a home in Glen Ridge in 2011, sell a house in Upper Montclair in 2012 and buy a town home in Glen Ridge this year. Kate is very experienced, responsive and has excellent feel for the market. We sold our Montclair house in early 2012 (before the real estate market had recovered significantly) and we got multiple bids the first weekend with the winning bid being over 7 percent over the asking price. We would recommend her without hesitation.
We bought (Montclair) and sold (Bloomfield) with Kate this past spring, just as the market seemed to be taking off. And we needed to time things just right to make it all work - which was tricky given all the competition in our price point. Kate's knowledge of the area and the inventory - beyond what you can find on the internet - helped us juggle the buying and selling process and land in a new home that met all of our criteria. We love our new house, and it's one we never would have even looked at without Kate's recommendation and insight into the market.